(PvP is failing yet again)

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Busko, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

I hate to break it to you, but a good portion of the community doesn't want it, and the Dev responsible has said more than once he is not going to do it.
    Siren likes this.
  2. rutro Well-Known Member

Does this surprise you or...just flat out dumbfound you>?
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

Neither.. what surprises me is the a number of fools who think bringing back PvP gear is a good idea.
    Siren likes this.
  4. Xavion Well-Known Member

its failing cause the entire thing is no fun cause its legit just group and gank no skill or fun its boring solo pvp vs groups needs ot be where the solo player gets a buff of some kind to fight back against the group or remove/disable grouping entirely its stupid how is pvp even a skillful thing when you have a healer and others doing damage to 1 person who is unfairly targeted.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Alway Active Member

so you think, due to you not getting a group, or searching for a group to pvp with, you should get a buff? thats the dumbest **** i ever heard.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

You know, if they enabled friendly fire during grouping, too, that might cut back on the 6-man orange groups ganking their own greens as the oranges camp their own lowbie bells all day.... :p

Hey, guildies who don't happen to be already teamed (and most guilds are way bigger than 6 people so they *can't* be teamed) have to deal with this FFA friendly fire crap all day long.

I don't think it's a bad idea-- and it's not really a penalty for orange gank squads, so much as forcing them to deal with damage equal to their own for once, ROFL. And it would also show them what guildies go through trying to help each other every day.

Do you know who created the expression, "Let sleeping dogs lie"? A dog! That says a lot about how *you* spend your time in the beta, now doesn't it.
  7. Alway Active Member

i hope thats a joke - friendly fire would be a server killer....
    Zenji and Dude like this.
  8. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

PvP gear doesnt work in EQ2 for some reason. There is beautiful pve content in the game, with pvp enabled thats all we need. This isnt a battle royal.

Pure pvp isnt gonna work.
    Zenji and Siren like this.
  9. Nuada Active Member

and in other mmorpgs is only **** content?

im also not for pure PVP or pure PVE, i find it only better to combine both, and content and nameds need all ppls alone about the masters.

if find only the idea better get ppls gear for tokens, but the best gear for pvp we get only from the Dungeon boss or from HQ or raids.
    but only gear for pve that is not a good design standpoint.

that we get gear also for pvp 2019 is already mainstream in all games. and many ppls that "work" havnt the time to farm 15h a day like others.

Therefore, it is definitely a very good idea to give everyone the opportunity to get a certain gear quality with pvp, so that you can keep up a little vs others, even if you can play only 2 hours a day.
    (if not he leave the game he cant kill one in pvp)

And as long as such things do not change, it will never get any fuller here.
    Without these changes, a complete gaming community is excluded.
    line110 likes this.
  10. line110 New Member

I agree with nuada. pvp equipment is absolutely necessary so that players who have less time for the game also have opportunities to come to gear and thus remain in competition.
  11. Alway Active Member

i agree to an extent, but why reward those who put in less work? i get some people have less time, but again, thats rewarding those who do less work, but want the same outcome.
    Sigrdrifa and Siren like this.
  12. Creasote Well-Known Member

What is your definition of pvp gear?

I agree that a new set of gear does not need to be designed that is a waste of dev time.

But why not have a pvp gear merchant (regular dropped PVE gear) you can earn from kills like the old faction based pvp gear?
    Having various options for player styles will only keep the server pop higher.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

Pvp Equipment is the opposite of absolutely necessary. The best era of PvP in this game was before PvP vendor gear.

When you add pvp vendors, you remove much of the pvp of the game. In EQ2 most of the pvp happens around contesting quest updates, heroic bosses or raid encounters. Because those 3 things reward gear.

You want easy to acquire gear with lower time investment? It's already in the game, it is called crafted gear.

People who play more should on average have better gear then those who play less. If you want better than crafted gear, you need to go out and do content, and while doing that content it is likely you will run into pvp. Don't pretend that people with families and full time jobs don't have access to the same gear everyone else does. Of course they do, they will just get it at a slower rate then those who play the game 40 hours a week.
    Siren likes this.
  14. Vilesummon New Member

Personally I like the FFA idea, but there is a way to split the difference I think. What if the character has an option to go FFA...like rogue elements of Qeynos or Freeport? Like, I live in Qeynos, but today I am feeling a little evil and homicidal so I click my character options....hit FFA and go out slaughtering anyone I want. Make it a requirement that you need to be in the city to click the option (so no one exploits in the field) and put a cool down on it just like any other skill (say like 15 mins). By default, characters are set to show as non-targets of their alignment. Just a thought.
  15. Vilesummon New Member

PS FIX THE FOOD AND QUEST ITEMS SO WE CAN FINISH QUESTLINES. (sorry, just think it is sad that a couple of very basic things still aren't fixed)
    Siren likes this.