PvP Class

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Meph144, Oct 28, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Meph144 Guest

Which class does best at pvp?
    Brigand,Berserker..or maybe iquisitor,warlock mage.
    I am a pvp player and I want to make the best choice.I read some topics and I understand that the game is not too balanced..wouldnt want to pick one of the useless classes.
    So,actually which one is better,berserker or brigand?
    And if there is some class that beats those 2 I would like to hear.
    EDIT:Also,which AA is best at pvp?
    PS: Free Classes
  2. ARCHIVED-Meph144 Guest

*BUMP*
    Nobody knows?
  3. ARCHIVED-Blergh Guest

If you are trying to do this totally for free, without paying to unlock spells / gear, then it doesn't matter what class you play, you'll get rolled repeatedly.
  4. ARCHIVED-Meph144 Guest

I dont plan on playing for free.
    First I want to see if I actually enjoy the game..without needing to roll another class.
  5. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

What is your current mode of pvp preference? Battleground instances or open world environment on naggy? The two are vastly different. For open world the brig/swash would provide good dps, stealth, and tracking, while in bgs stealth and track have far less utility and I would recommend the zerker, or a mage if you play with people that will keep you alive.
  6. ARCHIVED-Blergh Guest

Both brigands and berserkers are op really, berserkers probably more so. At least as far as tracking goes i'm not sure its such a big issue in open world (and yes I know I don't play on nagafen) simply because certain races get track anyway.

If on the unlikely chance it did come down to a choice of brigand v swashbuckler, brigands have an easier time of it as far as killing other chars goes.
  7. ARCHIVED-Balrok Guest

I think the class track doesn't track PvP targets. Maybe it does... I really don't care about track at all. I like it for allowing targets to find me better, but that's about it.
    And lets be honest, zerkers are just plain dumb. And by dumb, I mean unreal to the point of making no sense. A terrible Zerker I can blow up... but a good one I really don't know what more I can do. Zerkers would be annoying to play solo though... just chasing people around, never dieing. Brigs can jump in.. lock up, burn and bolt. So yeah.
  8. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

It really doe not matter - play the one you enjoy the most because even if you think you have the current FOTM alpha class two things are going to happen:
    1.) Your going to run into one or more people that can destroy you solo or even solo vs your 2-3 players on a class that you have been told cannot pvp well.
    2.) SOE will change the mechanics/gear/ or some other thing that changes your FOTM class to mid range or balanced or even bottom barrel for the next year or two.
    Of the classes you listed they all generally solo and grp well if played right and can be deadly in the hands of a good player but there is always going to be someone better than you.
    If your planning on playing solo go with a scout - track has proved invaluable during extreme luls in server population. As Exur pointed out Brigs (and scouts in general) ahve great utility for pvp - track, snares, mana/vitality poisones/ etc that can help control the battle in their favor (all these can be countered though to varying degrees with pots/signets/clickys/class skills etc).
    The game is really best enjoyed in a grp/grp+ pvp/e manner IMHO though. Best of luck with the game.