PvP Armor set

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-chrystolred, Mar 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-chrystolred Guest

I put together a pvp armor set from EoF expansion for all on the pvp server or any curious about it.

Breastplate - 250 tokens
    Leggings - 250 tokens
    Helm - 200 tokens
    Shoulders - 200 tokens
    Gauntlets - 100
    Boots - 100
    Forearm - 100

Total around 12p I believe

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Jaraman Guest

[p]New EQ2 PvP Swashy here... previously a raid-geared EQ1 "shammyknight"... [/p][p]Looking for good gear advice for the Swashy. I'm totally overwhelmed at the moment with how to approach gearing him up. Do I tradeskill heavy armoring to make his gear, can I twink him out buying the best gear I can afford off a broker, do I need to get in a guild to earn status points to buy gear with minimum SP requirements, do I do certain quests or kill certain Nameds, etc etc. Are there different types of gear which are purchaseable/craftable, such as Fabled, Treasured, etc etc.[/p][p]Basically, I'm starting fresh with a group of friends (consider us all noobs) and we're all approaching the 20s, and are thinking of level-locking before 30 to grind AAs. In the caves I don't like the way I was one-rounded repeatedly by FP'ers. I consider myself a strong reactive player (pulled, CC'd, and tanked often on my decked out EQ1 shaman), so I expect having decent gear should at least give me a fighting chance or at least a few seconds of life before revive. [/p][p]Any and all advice/criticism welcomed. The swash is fun, has good utility, nice DPS, and can tank a bit if you get the first shot, but please tell me he will get ganked so easily in PvP by someone who is only 2 levels higher than he is?[/p][p]PS. Does decent mitigation and avoidance numbers help at all? What are some good #'s in the teens and mid-20's on a decently-geared swashbuckler? 300-500? 700-900? Higher?[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-chrystolred Guest

Jaraman wrote:
  4. ARCHIVED-AegisCrown Guest

What confuses me about the pvp set is how desirable it is to PVE players over the raid set that is obtained. not only does each piece have a desirable effect with only one being a true solo ability and that is the stun, the set bonuses show more thought than that of the PVE set. anyone know why the differences exist to make the pve so much worse than the pvp set?
  5. ARCHIVED-Disgustipate Guest

AegisCrown wrote:
    The difficulty in getting the reward is a little out of whack, but it's not that crazy. You 100+ pvp tokens per piece that drop from 0-3 per person. Swashbucklers have it easier because they are arguably the best solo pvp class, but looking at it from the perspective of most other classes it's not easy. Given the server populations, that the average kill you are going to make is only going to given you one token, and that you need to lotto among multiple people, it can take a long time.
    You arent exactly seeing people rolling around with full suits of this, either. I've yet to inspect someone on Venekor with more then 3 "smaller" pieces or 1-2 bigger peices.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

Mind posting a pic of the full set if possible?
  7. ARCHIVED-Lazyfrog Guest

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for all that post on the swashy forums. I've been learning a lot from you guys. I have 6 of the 7 pieces. I'll be getting to 7th this weekend, hopefully. I can't figure out how to post pictures on the forums... Sorry, I'm a forum-noob. I have pictures of all but the hat on my computer... just trying to figure out how to paste them into the forums.
    Hope you all are doing well,
    Lazyfrog
  8. ARCHIVED-Lazyfrog Guest

Here's 6 of 7 Guys!!! I will post hat later on... Thanks again for all the great advice and help in these forums,
    Lazyfrog
    [IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-Lazyfrog Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Lazyfrog Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Dakis Guest

A full set of PvP gear is easily obtained in under three weeks. I would have gotten the whole set five times over if exiles could use PvP gear.
    < 3 Weeks as opposed to a year to even get the whole EoF set to drop. PvP gear needs a nerf, or they need to make it like 2000 tokens a piece... this is way out of wack. Imagine +40 damage to each inspiration proc. That's rediculous.
  12. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

[p]Damn, pretty awesome looking.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Lazyfrog Guest

As Promised.... Hope you all like brown...
    Take care guys,
    Lazyfrog[IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-tmgunda Guest

Man that gear looks so sick.
  15. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

Since this thread is over 2 years old and the armor it shows is from the EoF expansion does anyone see any reason that it should remained stickied?
    I have added the current TSO PVP set gear to my stickied gear thread.