PvE Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Syneofeternity Member

Lol wtf you think plate should even come close to soloing a heroic ^^^? Wtf do you even want soloquest? All your posts I see have you talking about you being able to do solo what you should be doing with a group. ^^^ was once difficult for a group to kill I hope you realize that. Majority of people don't want soloquest like live is. Stop focusing anything around soloing, group content should have its difficulty based around how hard it is for a group.

If you want to solo through the content. Lock yourself to old world content on live and have fun at it.
  2. Dixa Active Member

quit your whining. all of the nerfs so far have been based on "i can still solo heroic 3^".

soloing is a viable way of playing the game. if you can't handle that, you are the one who needs to move on.

oh and as there are nearly no plate wearers on the server now or for the last 10 hours, i'm not sure what you are basing your proclamations on
  3. Syneofeternity Member

Lol whining is what you do best, go look on the amount of threads you pollute with your "oo I can't solo as efficiently as others group" - If you would like me to link them I can. No **** soloing is apart of the game, thanks for pointing out the obvious captain jack, and you can still solo to 50. Hell you could solo to 50 in 2004 but its never going to be as efficient as grouping, and rightfully it shouldn't be. Also you who alling 50 plate wearers in the past 8 hours...doubtful. Get the **** of your high horse please. I've posted plenty of "numbers" post where I actually tested and got the data on how the mitigation changes effected plate wearers. More than your oo summoners aren't op cause I know I play one. And I forgot they balance the game around 50...not like 49 other levels exist.

[IMG]
    Kryvak, Alenna and Hyiero like this.
  4. Hyiero Active Member

Btw not trying to get in the middle of this **** cause it's pure gold, but I was playing earlier and I'm a plate wearer and it wasn't 8 hours it was more like 3-4 hours ago. So he has got you there Dixa. Also anything to not make this server not like ragefire is a plus in my book. **** is boring as hell running around seeing 30+ 6 mage groups. Also as someone who plans on maining a plate tank I hope they make it tough. It's nice to see the actual holy trinity being used again. On live its like do your own stuff, group if 100% absolutely necessary.

Also I noticed they took the mitigation nerf off(hopefully prepping for incoming change) and changed the broker to not be accessible everywhere(Nice to see this, create some interactions hopefully)
  5. Baish New Member

This is a quote from another player, was with when it happened.

"So whatever pets you fixed you didn't nab them all. The Necromancer spell Awaken Grave is out of control broken. Level 35 necro in RoV's blighted horde was only hitting for 30-40 each, seems reasonable. Awaken Grave's "Rapid Decay" hit my 30 Zerker for 850 crit and 650. It also pulses an AoE so it hit my Coercer for 500 and 600 as well."

Every part of the spell seemed like normalized damage, but the one referenced, "Rapid Decay" that those pets cast, was 93% of his total damage. It hit for 1082-1213 on the pve mobs, and 487-612 (and a 835 crit). I'm not sure how many times it would usually hit for, but it hit each of us twice within 3 seconds, which was enough to almost wipe out the whole group.

For reference the group members health ranged from 1900-2300.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

At the risk of getting rotten fruit and veggies hurled at my head, I'm a bit leery of wading through 145+ messages to see if anyone is having to deal with this, too (and I'm not sure what to Search under): an error with the following message in the chat window:

requires Time-Locked server

This is for a Test server character, and I think it was cropping up whenever he was zoning (he's a level 65 Erudite Fury, if any of that might help; I recall one "must be level 96" or whatever message that was plaguing Scouts for awhile when they zoned). I'll keep an eye out on it and see if I can determine exactly what the circumstances are.

Uwk
    who, except for the suburbs/hamlets (oh, and maybe all 5 stats counting for something), really has to admit to feeling little in the way of nostalgia for the "good old days" ;->

EDIT: Er, I'm pretty sure this is an error, too, though I'm not sure what, if anything, it has to do with this: when I went to the World Bell in New Halas to travel, my Good-aligned character got the option to port directly to Neriak, City of Hate, and The City of Freeport...I don't think that showing up there would be good for his health. ;->

And yeah, after just experimenting by trying to go directly to Neriak (since the docks there aren't full of KoS guards within sneezing distance), it WORKED...this should not be. :-/

It's the usual format in a Guild Hall World Bell; not sure if this is a "city" thing or a "New Halas" thing.
    EDIT: nope; it's not just New Halas, also find it occurring in North Qeynos. :-/

(and yeah, the original error in the chat window does seem to be linked to zoning)
  7. Dixa Active Member

not sure why you are standing up for him. he is asking for the mitigation nerf back.
  8. Nadasdy New Member

I believe it can aoe 3 times max.
  9. Hyiero Active Member

Yea did you forget to read the part where I want a challenge?? As I would assume a good majority of the players also want, seeing that a lot of players have been asking for that challenge back with these servers. I don't want to solo all day, sometimes sure, but I'll solo content that's meant to be solo'd. But I also don't want a straight percentage nerf to mitigation which effects plate wearers 4x as much as any other class which effectively makes plate tanks useless. I want these "I hope" capable game developers to come up with a solution that makes content difficult(this will require nerfing mitigation) while still making all tanks viable.

As I have pointed out in several threads this could be accomplished through
    A. Reducing Mitigation based on the type of armor the player is wearing. This way you could make content both difficult for all classes (If they are getting beat on by the mob) while still avoiding the soft cap system which is why plate tank wearers took such a huge hit with a straight mitigation buff(Can go into detail about this if necessary). Also with this solution we can resolve the issue with mitigation that are labeled not fighter buffing cloth classes through the roof, where this used to not be the case.

B. Reducing mitigation straight across the board by X percent, while reducing base avoidance for certain class by a straight percentage across the board. This would however skip over the plate wearing classes as they have the lowest base avoidance per level 9.8%. And they will be the one's effected the most by the straight mitigation nerf as seen before.

Both these options are viable options and ones that would not be hard to implement. I would say option A is easier. Why you ask...glad you did. Because we already know the developers have access to the mitigation value given worn by said item(Because they have already nerfed this value before). And if you know anything about game development, or development in general the same object that contains this "mitigation" for said worn item, probably contains a variable that holds "type" of armor. Which can be used to make a check if cloth,leather,etc and then apply a per type of armor mitigation reduction. This once again allows them to nerf as hard as they want, and make sure that the classes feel that nerf equally and one does not lose their benefit after the nerf.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

NEW INFO: after testing it out on a variety of classes, the chat window error ("requires Time-Locked server") applies to everyone, regardless of class or level. :-/

Also get that error when initially coming into game.

The World Bell error is also in the Isle of Mara, where an Evil character could port directly into Qeynos! :D I think not... :-/

Uwk
  11. Dixa Active Member

the challenge will come when the group dungeon mobs are buffed to not be chumps. overland mobs are tougher than dungeon mobs right now
  12. Hyiero Active Member

And overland mobs aren't tough soooo, I'm failing to see the logic here. Sorry not trying to be rude or what not but saying when they make something tougher than something that isn't even tough I fail to see the connection. The first mitigation buff was on the right track but it failed because plate became useless at that point(due to the straight mitigation nerf), but that level of nerf is needed to make things a challenge again. Just not in the fashion that they did it in because they made a fourth of the classes suck. But I have already made suggestions that can fix that issue in the post that you quoted. At that point they can make a equalization nerf allowing content to both be challenging while not rendering any class obsolete.
  13. Adjuvant1 Member

I see people talking about "so and so" should be able to solo ^^^ heroic. I'd like to weigh in on this for sense.

Barring particularly low level encounters, let's say starting around 20 and up, a very good player in any class should be able to solo green/blue heroic encounters if they're dressed to the gills in mastercrafted/legendary gear, with most skill/spells upgraded. I think that's fair. They've done their homework, put in the legwork, now it's time to be able to rock. This isn't to say it should be easy, but pressing and stressful, and an add should wipe them, aside from cc but they'd flee the cc'd mob unless they want to sit there keeping it cc'd for 5 minutes while in-combat power regenerates.

This isn't the perspective most of you are arguing, though. You're neglecting to discuss gear. Upper level toons should not be able to solo heroic encounters at all if they're mostly naked or equipped for 20 levels prior. So this is a big difference now between summoner/enchanter classes vs everyone else, especially fighters. This is how we get the disparity between "solo classes" and "group classes", because necros for example are certainly able to solo blue heroics practically in the nude with little regard for skill. This probably isn't going to change ever, simply for the reason of the way the class works.

If " I " was going to balance this, I'd make the dps of mages contingent on very high int stat. Proportionally low int should not yield high dps just because of a couple spells with long cooldowns or one expert/master pet upgrade. Make these guys have to gear themselves to be so effective, then if they want to solo it's fine.

There are downsides to this. First and foremost, no one who knows better is impressed. Any trained chimp can faceroll a summoner and level quickly. Saying "haha, I just soloed x" should be followed with "cool story, bro". Master spells and gear of select classes will reach extraordinary value, while less played classes' masters and gear will be more accessible. Parsers "in the know" will become increasingly more demanding...

a_mage_86 says: Cn I joim ur gild. I ma mage.
    a_guildleader_02 says: Sry, no, you parse like a scout.
    a_mage_86 says: Wahhh I hat thsi gaem. I qit.

As far as epic encounters go, mages should do a commanding share of damage, along with scouts. Priests are necessary, and fighters too albeit not as many per encounter, but then not as many players will be playing them, so you get a proportion in a given epic encounter of a couple fighters, a few priests, the rest facerollers. That seems fine, it's just how things are.
  14. Galatea Member

Soloing in any game is viable, as in you'd make progress some way some how, but easily soloing heroic triple ups were not and that's a big difference. You are going to have to understand this isn't just another live sever. Also, yes that also means people want summoner swarm pets brought in line and out of T1 tier.
    Odyssey and Hyiero like this.
  15. Wabit Active Member

What I've learned so far thru 40 lvls as a guard (using vita and exp pots) solo most of the way. Armorsmith is a useless profession, quested gear is at best slightly less quality than MC.

In handcrafted gear I can solo blue maybe white ^^, haven't bothered trying and ^^^ solo, this is with all ap1 skills (after they fixed mit).

Soloing is viable way to level, most of the outside world is solo mobs, with a few heroic camps. But it will be slow going.

The PvE server is pretty dead right now. After the wipe and slow exp gain most seems to have (understandably) given up until it goes live. But it is doubtful any of the t5 raid content will get much testing.

Oh and I never got Rescue as a skill. Just bought an adept of it so it would show up in my book..
  16. Alkk New Member

Zone - Firemyst Gully / Quest - Cleansing of the Firemyst Gully (20 Heroic)
    The reward items are legendary pieces for each class type and most of them have the correct base green stats at this point, however they also have blue stats as evident from the quest journal.

Barrier of the Gully Purifier - Tower Shield / 449 Mit / 13 Str 13 Sta / 2 Weapon Skills / 5 DPS

Rest are as follows:

Symbol of the Gully Puriifer
    Exonerated Kunckles
    Bauble of the Gully Purifier
    Stormhold Invader's Mace
    Stave of the Walking Storm - DPS
    Blade of the Dunestalker - DPS
    Runic Staff of the Trainee -
    Round Shield of the Gully Purifier - Block Chance / DPS
    Buckler of the Gully Purifier - Block Chance
    Jagged Blade of Vipers - DPS
  17. Nickolous Member

Whatever method or methods they choose to use to fix Cloth wearers being able to tank, is ok with me, but it HAS to be done.

If one can burn or pet down mobs while you tank them, wearing cloth, major problems will occur. Grouping will be all messed up, cloth bott armies will exist, 6 box cloth wearers perma camping areas will occur, not to mention how this will effect crafting and broker pricing. Etc..etc. This will ruin the server for the majority of the population imo.

This will obviously impact the amount of revenue generated via these new servers, in a very negative way, if this is not fixed BEFORE launching live.

This is not an asking for nerf to soloing comment, this is asking to fix an unbalance in the game.

Fixing this trumps all other things as I am sure the Dev team is aware.
    Jaden likes this.
  18. Nachu New Member

getting engaged by a level 15 with a carnage flag in frostfang sea then getting a carnage flag for curing myself then having a level 25 two shot me is getting really old.
  19. Jaden Well-Known Member

----------------
    "If one can burn or pet down mobs while you tank them, wearing cloth, major problems will occur. Grouping will be all messed up, cloth bott armies will exist, 6 box cloth wearers perma camping areas will occur, not to mention how this will effect crafting and broker pricing. Etc..etc. This will ruin the server for the majority of the population imo.

**Please no...not here too.**:(
  20. Peak Nagafun

Welcome to DLW. I'm sure they'll fix it.