Putting the Rage in Ragefire

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Faelen, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Maergoth Well-Known Member

It was supposed to be there all along. Will go in there and see if it's manageable or not next time I get a spawn.
  2. Balbasur Active Member

This mob is too hard, shouldn't need raid gear to kill it.
  3. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Yes you should. It drops the best mount in the game. Better than the raid mount. And it's clearly labeled as a raid mob.
  4. High Elf Active Member

The March 11th, 2014 patch notes refer to this quest.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-tuesday-march-11-2014.546724/

The Etyma Merchant Delvakin in Falinpol has several new consumables that may be purchased to assist you on your adventures.
    Those that have completed the quest ‘Putting the Rage in Ragefire’ may now purchase upgrades to some crafted consumables from Delvakin in Falinpol area of Vesspyr Isle.

Anybody know what new upgrades you can buy from Delvakin? Do you have to have completed the quest to see them?

Also, does anyone have a link to some complete info on how to go about doing this quest?

Thanks in advance.
  5. High Elf Active Member

Looks like Delvakin has lots of Infused food and drinks plus some arrows you can buy. I'm wondering if that's all the new stuff, or is there more you can buy if you've done this quest? Anybody know?
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Well you can buy the Infused Food/Drink/Ammo.

If you have slain Ragefire I believe you can buy the Buff-Books. These are spells you cast. I believe each book has 2 Charges and lasts for 1 Hour according to my guildmates.

(I forget names but I know effects and they all stack in-group.
    - 5% Critical Bonus
    - 5% Potency
    - 250 Attributes and 10,000 HP.

They stack up to 6 times so take the above multiplied by 6 to get a full groups benefit. The HP effects Pets.
    Kuulei and High Elf like this.
  7. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Sorry to dig up this thread...

But "by accident" did some changes have been implemented regarding Ragefire? He seems to be tethered now on a really short leash.

Hasn't been like that... but movin him about 15 meters from his spawn, he resets.

I haven't read anything about that change.
    Chronus likes this.
  8. Chronus Active Member

It's very annoying in High Keep too.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

It's intentional. Can't say why other than I feel it was to prevent potential collision exploits or some other glitch I was not aware of. I do know however from another player that the rate of WTS-Ragefireupdates... dropped dramatically after this change so there must have been something that was not working as intended.

Ragefire pretty much must be fought in the room he spawns. Meaning a spawn in Hive or High Keep is pretty much a wash.
  10. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I beg to differ. High keep simply requires the tank to position intelligently.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Never said it was impossible :D
  12. Avirodar Well-Known Member

If so, I am curious as to why you called it a wash? When Ragefire spawn in those zones, it only requires some intelligent positioning by the tank to end up with a net gain, thus not being a wash. Alternatively, your interpretation of the expression may differ from my own? If so, I will query why you made specific mention of the two said zones, if you believe it does not make any notable impact on the capacity to kill the mob (beyond requiring the tank to position it)? I do not believe asking a tank to position a mob, is overly demanding.

I understand that a small potion of the tanks who are incapable of basic mob positioning, may struggle with this change, resulting in a Hive or High Keep spawn being a wash (by my understanding of the expression). But I would like to give most tanks the benefit of the doubt, and believe they can take care of business like a boss.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Well it's because of how I define it. A "Wash" means almost hopeless to me, pointless to pursue.
    This is the line you're clearly questioning. I will make note that I said "pretty much" in my statement which usually means the following statement is mostly true or true in a majority of cases. In the case of Ragefire a majority of the players attempting it the situation of a spawn in a narrow area (Keep/Hive/Stasis) is pretty much hopeless. This is based on what others have told me and personal experience attempting PuG's with groups that had enough DPS and HPS, yet lacked the coordination to hold down past ten percent.

However, some very skilled players will make adequate use of the space and still be able to kill it as you noted, however every time I've tanked him I've never had to move him from his spawn loc to avoid rings or anything else.

So you're correct, a good tank WILL have no issues in say High Keep. However, not all tanks are good tanks.

As to your query regarding why I specifically said Hive and High Keep:
    • Fractured Hive spawns him on a narrow platform with barely enough space for all Rings to appear even with a safe-zone for the Tank.
    • Like Hive, the spawn in High Keep is in a small rectangular room that also has obstructions, making movement/positioning hard.
    • I'll add Chamber of Statis but the Wardens Chamber is realistic to work with as the Tank if you just nudge him into the center.
    Did I clarify a bit regarding my use of the term? I think we just interpreted the saying a little
  14. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

I killed him twice now, once in Stratum tanking him, once with Inqui healing in Pickclaw.

The first time was possible due to good positioning. Dragged Ragefire down the ramp and to the side, So that the rest of the group could stand on top of the ramp having max 15 meters range on him. Had about 7,5 mil DPS and HPs of nearly 690k.

Second time with me healing in pickclaw, Tank was placed opposite of ragefire, with Ragefire between us. We had a safe spot between the cauldron and workbench. only little adjusting needed. DPS were I think around 8,5 mil, hps around 500-600k.

Doing the ramp thing isn't possible anymore.

Even though tried him 2 days ago in ToV2. He hit more hard, the tank as well as the group as for example in Pickclaw.

Seems funny that sometimes it looks like a cakewalk (coughs) and sometimes the incoming dps is friggin high, even though avoiding the circles completley but the tank. Dets are cured as fast as possible, later in the fight we don't cure the curse, because it would be applied instandly back onto the Tank, due to that many adds.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Hive is simple to position now it pops at bottom.

Highkeep is a pain cause of its leashing, but its doable with a bit of luck on pathing to place him.

Not sure why this change was made in all honesty, and why this late into expac. If anything, mob should be made easier at this stage to allow people to prepare more for expac.
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

I assume it had to do with the bug that if you pulled him with a brawler, and if you did something like FD, ragefire would respawn in his npc form wherever he was at, not where he normally should be.

we had times where we had a ragefire spawn in pickclaw and after a death from a pug he would be up at the door to the zone in for some reason
  17. Avirodar Well-Known Member

The adds deal frontal AOE damage. If the damage appears to fluctuate greatly from one pull to the next, that may be why?

How long did it take you to kill Ragefire with approx 8 million DPS? About 9 minutes?
    Anghammarad likes this.
  18. Ucala Well-Known Member

my fastest ragefire was 2 min and 30s I think :( slacking
  19. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

just parsing my ACT logs... for both times...

Tanking with Yghi (Zerktonga) we did 7.8 mil dps. The fight took us 7 Minutes 20 Seconds in Stratum

- Setup : Zerktonga, Necro, Fury, Ranger, Templar, Coercer
    - DPS : 896k, 2.2 mil, 182k, 2.72mil, 371k, 1,46mil
    - HPS : 122k, 30k, 175k, -, 322k, - = roughly 650k hps

---------------
    Healing with Anghammarad we did 9.1 mil dps. The fight took us 6 Minutes 34 Seconds in Pickclaw

- Setup : Berserker, Necro, Dirge, Wizard, Inqui, Fury
    - DPS : 970k, 2 mil, 1 mil, 4,9 mil, 37k, 99k
    - HPS : 148k, 34k, 31k, 2,7k 219k, 217k

cheers
    Ang