Put a mortgage on my house to parse in everquest 2

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kielex, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Kielex Well-Known Member

Hey guys, Everquest 2 is one of my favorite games in the world but one thing I cannot fathom is the sheer amount of blatant pay to win they shove in our faces. They just added Recipes into the game so that you can earn ascensions without having to pay for it, But the real kicker is they require 200 planar energy to craft 1 spell. Are you kidding me? 15 abilities you're going to need to upgrade, with a 1/10 Harvest chance to get a planar energy. AND THATS JUST FOR THE ADEPTS LOL. Congratulations on making botters stronger and the people who actually play this game have a hard time to obtain any upgrades. GG PAY2WINBREAKGAMES
    [IMG]
  2. Ruckus Well-Known Member

First they screw up Dagger Storm. Now this. Why do I even bother any more?

I've gone out and harvested a lot, and have only gotten...5...so far.
    Toxify, Mizgamer62, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  3. Revel Well-Known Member

I actually laughed when I saw this. The Master spells from last tier still aren't discovered yet, and this is what they're going to do for this tier. What an absolute joke. I cannot wait for Pantheon so I can ditch EQ2 for good, hopefully they give me one of those surveys to fill out so I can say how I really feel.
    Noizette, Toxify, Mizgamer62 and 3 others like this.
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

This is the new trend for pay2win microtransactions as of late. All big companies are now doing it and they have the audacity to defend it by saying well there is a way to get these items for those wanting the incredible sense of achievement but those who do not can just buy them.

Very clever in terms of us calling them out on not having a way to get the upgrades but they have made so time consuming that you are forced into a mindset of buying them.

At best, 20 planar items per upgrade.
    Mizgamer62, Lenecro and Kielex like this.
  5. Kielex Well-Known Member

I hate feeling like I have to shell out $300 Just so I can keep up with my friends, Continuing to play this game with my friends is the only reason I'd ever consider buying ascension
  6. Revel Well-Known Member

Yep, the milking is in full force. Notice how rare masters class spells are again this tier to tempt people into buying to grandmaster.
    Mizgamer62 and Kielex like this.
  7. Kielex Well-Known Member

$300, IS if you just upgrade a few spells. It's $85 Per ascension to max out to grandmaster.
  8. Revel Well-Known Member

Yep, the price keeps going up with each level of the spell too since its 49 DBC per day, so they're getting even more expensive as time goes on.

Spent about $130 + a buncha saved DBC last expac to keep up, and the only reason it was so cheap was because I took advantage of the 40% off sale in January. Not doing it again.The game isn't worth it at this point, and this xpac hasn't impressed me.
  9. Kenn Well-Known Member

I have done the entire solo content with no spell upgrades.

Since I do not plan to run heroics or raids, there is no need for me. Do the have a story line? I'll spend my time harvesting those rares and sell them for a fortune.
  10. Revel Well-Known Member

I'm hoping its a bug, journeyman requires 200, same as master. The first two tiers should be cheap.
  11. Rubick Well-Known Member

Somebody knew ahead of time and bought all of the planar energies on your server. Yesterday I harvested one, having no idea what it was for, and refused to even list it on the broker because they were at 22p each and there were probably over 20,000 of them on there.
    Snikkety likes this.
  12. Kielex Well-Known Member

Definitely not true, From all the harvesters I've talked too they're saying its really rare to get one from a node. Which is why It's sparked a little outrage in me.
    Lenecro likes this.
  13. Kielex Well-Known Member

I'm talking to a friend right now who has 75 of them ,because he knew they would become expensive, he bought them all at 2-8k and now he can charge 55k for one, because theres now more incentive too
    Lenecro likes this.
  14. Rubick Well-Known Member

It's 100% true that I saw that many of them on the broker for literally 22p each at the lowest cost. Just because you want to listen to your friends' hunches based on their RNG without factoring in how many are harvested across the whole server doesn't make what I said untrue. It took me all of about 8 minutes of harvesting in this xpac to get one and there were tons listed on the broker just yesterday so......... It's really not hard to fathom an item which, for all anybody knew, had no real use selling for extremely low amounts before they announce what they're used for. But if all you want is to call anybody with a comment that could be construed as opposition a liar so you can continue whining then I won't stand in your way.
  15. Revel Well-Known Member

Are you really defending what Daybreak did here?
    Mizgamer62 and Lenecro like this.
  16. Rubick Well-Known Member

Not even a little bit. However I also think crying that the sky is falling because somebody cleared out the broker and now they're listed for an exorbitant amount because the patch has been out for all of 8 hours is absurd at best.
    Wreakinn likes this.
  17. Kielex Well-Known Member

So lets say we dont want to go the broker route, and your 1 in 8 minutes is true, IF this keeps up consistently it is 26 hours of harvesting for journeyman/adept/expert/master/grandmaster. thats 5 days of nonstop harvesting, Now add in the aditional factor that everyone will be harvesting now to upgrade there spells and buying out the broker, that 5 days is bound to turn in AT LEAST, A month or more.Want to know whats easier than brokering or harvesting? paying the 85$ + for 1 spell and being done with it.
    Toxify, Mizgamer62 and Lenecro like this.
  18. Kielex Well-Known Member

Didn't EA Games just do this same exact thing with starwars battlefront and everyone got bent out of shape because they would be required to play for 40+ hours to unlock darth vader, or buy it out of loot crates? Same thing. Except this game doesnt have the SWBF fan base so casuals will just keep crying that its fair while people who actually like progressing there toon know its so slimy and unbelievable
    Mizgamer62 and Lenecro like this.
  19. Revel Well-Known Member

The only reason this works is because the people still playing have an emotional attachment to their toons and friends. If they tried this with a new MMO it would crash and burn on arrival and be shut down within a year.
    Player2, Mizgamer62 and Kielex like this.
  20. Andariel Member

Yeah between this and the making bought orange runes untradeable now Ive finally said my fond farewells to EQ2. Everything they are doing is just to drag out there severe lack of content. So not only are the orange runes bought now heirloom we cant even buy the goddamn things without running instance after instance just at a change to loot one to unlock purchase. And even then it probably isn't the one you want or need.
    Toxify, Mizgamer62 and Kielex like this.