Purple Adornments - New 8th slot

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Calamoor, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Caith Developer

The bonuses granted by the exceptional jewels are not entirely tied to the set bonus, so if building an 8 piece set is not advantageous, you do not need to, and you will still see a good increase.
    Koko likes this.
  2. Canth Active Member

Really? This is the answer? So I have to use 7 power adorns to get the endline 8th, which means giving up the DC shoulder adorn and I get a "good increase"? Again, really? No one was using all 7 of any of the sets, because it just didn't make sense and now we're being forced into a 7 piece set just to use this adorn. Anyone else feel like sheep being led about?

The real answer is to change the sets so we're not moving backwards in DC or flurry for the scouts.
    Bloodguts likes this.
  3. Arieste Well-Known Member

But they are. The 40 Potency, 35 casting and so on form the 8-piece EASILY outweigh ANY single adornment.

Ok, maybe i'll put it another way. Previously, i had to make a choice in my shoulder adornment, the choice was:

6 sda vs. 12 combined cb/pot

With the introduction of the new adornment, my choice is now

6 sda vs. 12 combine cb/pot + 40 potency + 35 casting + dps + weapon skills.

That's a HUGE disaparity. And the issue is that those that previously chose the 12 combined cb/pot, don't need to trade anything off. But those that previously chose 6 sda now have no choice but to give that up. You're basically taking away the viability of using the sda rune in shoulders. Again, the fault is not necessarily with the new war rune, but with the fact that the SDA gem never really made sense with the set that it was in.

Would it really be so overpowered if the 8 piece bonus worked with ANY 7 AoM armor purples so people could continue to pick and choose the gems they want to use. Those that want the (relatively minor) minor bonuses from the 7 piece sets would still still have the option of getting those, but the 8 piece should go to everyone.
    Bunshin likes this.
  4. charliez New Member

i dont think you are reading correctly, the gem he posted had 5% sda on it so you are really choosing to lose 1 sda to get the bonus or you can use the gem and sda shoulders for 11% sda and no 8 set bonus
  5. charliez New Member

i think the only decent complaint here is the tank one having cast skills instead of wep skills, as an SK im not too hurt but i would be kind of mad as any other tank really. with the wep skills we are now getting from cloaks and belts it's no longer essential to have accuracy adorns and playing around with some runes and reforging i was able to ditch the AE auto/dps adorns and go full tank. the only draw back atm is i have low MA but that gets buffed in raid usually. i could reforge out of some hate gain to get MA back to the 117 level but i seem to have a really hard time holding aggro during the first time warp as an SK unless grave sac is up for TW.

as it sits now in raid without the 8th set bonus and using 3 white weapon skill adorns im around an 80% hit rate most (raid) fights which isnt terrible for a fighter i suppose. The worst part of this 8 set bonus is my ae auto attack will be down to 55 when i make the switch.
  6. Boli Active Member

WTB fighter only purple

Stamina, DPS Mod, Accuracy, Strikethrough, Crit bonus, Potency, Mitigation, Block

I miss anything?
  7. Clevemo Active Member

Chime in here for a moment:

I should be more disappointed at this mechanic but I play a tank and I'm forever disappointed by itemization. For all classes except predators and rogues, there is an obvious choice here and it is stay with what we have equipped for months. Choosing the jewel for any other class does a disservice to your build and its effectiveness.

As for the choice given to tanks ... OMG this is bad. Any tank that is not a window licker and that has access to this jewel will NEVER equip it because he/she will never spec for more than 4/8 for any one of the sigils. At least the "choice" given to tank classes is more transparent than it is for other classes.
  8. Crychtonn Active Member

I'd like to point out this is even worse for most scouts. I know most predators and I think rouges also use the Power Sigils. So they will have to give up the Flurry shoulder adorn like mages will have to give up the SDA shoulders. But unlike the mages that get some of that SDA back on the 8th adornment the scouts get none of the flurry back.

I don't know any class that goes with the Damaging Sigils over the Power, CB or Pot Sigils outside of using the shoulder adorn for either Flurry or SDA. That right there is what messes this up for almost everyone.
  9. Koko Well-Known Member

Wait, what?
    [IMG]
    Every DPS class takes the upgrade.
  10. Oakenn_TZ Member

Is there any chance the doublecast rune can get moved to a more appropriate set for casters?

Currently it is under the damage per second runes (the same as the flurry)

If Melee get the 8th rune set they GAIN 9% flurry. (8 piece bonus)

If casters get the 8th rune set they have to give up their shoulder rune.

This is specifically talking about the 8 piece bonus btw. Not the rune itself
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Amid all the cries from the mages here's a question from those who melee.. why does the eighth set bonus only have spell skill and no melee skills?
  12. Kraeref Well-Known Member

So the gem gives you 5% no matter if the set is complete or not. Ok got you. Thanks. But still I will lose on 8th bonus though.
  13. charliez New Member

so giving up 1 net SDA isnt worth a set bonus of 40pot and 35cast speed and skills and some dps mod? i mean 35 cast speed over cap should give you 1 sda shouldnt it? i dont play a mage but i fail to see the gripe here.
  14. Kraeref Well-Known Member

The problem is that Unda benefits from both SDA and pot. So basically mages would like to get both and not decide this or that. Or any other spell.
    Give the 8th bonus for any 7+1 adornments applied. This will be preferable for any mage.
  15. Ebofu Active Member

Another question is why they decided to make an exceptional pattern consisting solely of Casting, Crit Chance, Reuse and Riposte sets.

Even before the contentious debate over mismatched sets, no one even uses these sets. It's just lazy design to randomly allocate patterns like that and let them occupy a place on the loot table.

\aITEM -431610987 1371211508:Exceptional Jewels: Imperia\/a

[IMG]
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Either that or they're trying to get us to USE the 'not useful' sets for some unknown and unknowable reason.
  17. Cian4ik Member

Why set of Sigil of Power didn't have melee skills?
    Kraeref likes this.
  18. Genghes Active Member

This new adorn will be great for fighters in addition to the changes to the cloak/belt. We'll finally have enough weapon skill to not have to reforge into accuracy
  19. Daray Well-Known Member

If you are a mage that attaches some value to your spell weapon output, you do have the option of an 8/8 damage set.
  20. Jannia New Member

I'd like to know also. Do you have to have the same type of purple adornment in each slot? Or can you have ANY purple adornments in each slot?

For example, the Mastercraft Rune: Accuracy can go in any of 7 slots. So I could have 7 of these runes in 7 different pieces of armor. So would I get an additional 9% Strikethrough and 9% Accuracy for every one of these runes I have? (e.g. 7 x 9 = 63% Strikethrough and 63% Accuracy total?)

But the Mastercraft Rune: Armor can only go in the Chest slot so there's no way I can have 7 of these.

Do the purple runes stack? So if I had a Armor run for +60 stamina and a Block Chance rune for +60 stamina, that would give me +120 stamina? Or since I have 2 purple runs, would that give me + 240 stamina?

Is there a decent guide that will tell me what the heck is going on, or do I just have to guess?