Pure random vs grinding 'currency'

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Twofeets, Mar 4, 2020.

1. avashi Active Member

I dont care how they fix it so we can get expert spells. We've pleaded to have to drop more frequently which only seems to fall on deaf ears. Since they changed the entire system, then they should just go back in and add them to mobs so they drop the way that adepts USED to drop. Its months into the expansion now and I still dont have them. This is the most ridiculous change ever made in this game. Period!
    Jaeded, Almee, Tekka and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Aaaand lvl 111-120 adepts STILL transmute to PoP adorning mats... mats 2 expacs old...
  3. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I really hope they loosen up the expert spell book drops, but this more or less goes back to my earlier post. These recipes conflict with shop revenue, and I suspect, there are are two dev's who would like nothing more than to see crafting pretty much disappear. I am not optimistic there will be any changes for crafters.

But, that's just speculation. I hope the crafters get some love from these changes, and I'll be the first to cheer the devs if they come through on this :)
    Argosunited, Almee, Tekka and 3 others like this.
  4. Shunty New Member

Two words - paying customers. You are aware of the notion of client satisfaction?

I didn’t pay for a big bucket of RNG which is currently the state of BoL. I paid to be entertained and work towards achieving in game goals.
    Quillyne, Argosunited, Jaeded and 5 others like this.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I'm still disappointed they didn't at least make them heirloom. I have 50 on one, 80 on another, 25 on another...by themselves not enough to add up to anything. but if I could put them together, I might have been able to make some use for them other than collecting dust. :(
    Jaeded and Almee like this.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

Successful entertainment is in the eye of the beholder, Shunty. I'm subbed and I don't mind the RNG part of the game. Hell, I loved the Gambling Goblin...that lil one armed bandit, lol. Spent a ton of plat on that guy. RNG is gambling pure and simple...and kind of fun, imo.

There are plenty of goals to work towards right now. And we have another 9 months to get there.

Sorry you haven't maxed your toon out in the last 3 months :rolleyes:
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Jaeded Well-Known Member

I, for one, would love to see some of these issues addressed. I have played since a just after launch (and EQ1 prior to that) and want to see this game succeed but more and more people are leaving over issues that can be easily remedied. Yes, I'm sure there are people playing and not concerned about the ongoing issues. Does that mean there aren't any? No, it doesn't. Who does it hurt to have a dual system with RNG and currency? No one. And why the change to crafting? No one likes it. Why can't the stats on MC gear be adjusted to say 160 potency? A little better than drops/quest gear at little lower than achievement gear.At this juncture though, I do have to ask myself what the benefit is to paying for a sub? Double currency? that no longer buys anything worthwhile? Access to higher level spells? Adepts are the best I can even hope for at this point (don't have access to most of those yet, so don't even mention experts or masters). All I see losing is fast travel and that is inconsequential to my max level toons (almost all are 110 at least).
    chattie, Almee, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Lived without fast travel before, can live without it again. Not worried about brokering stuff - nothing sells anyway because there isn't the population to buy it on any of the servers I have characters on. No point to having a sub any more, really.
  9. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Yeah forgot about this, been so long since I actually sold something on the broker, lol
    No loss here either though

And as far as the DBC , wont miss the 500 a month, besides I can still buy that, if I want.
    chattie, Almee, Tekka and 1 other person like this.
  10. chattie Well-Known Member

bumping this because after multiple runs through the solo dungeons I stll did not get one expert spell book. I have already canceled my subscription on one account and i am about ready to park this on til next expansion. I'm tired of running with last expansions experts. Remember when they dropped from overland mobs and you could get the masters from the named ones? That's how i want to play or i don't want to play anymore. This is beyond rediculous

Oh by the way I did get lots of infusers while running all those dungeons over and over.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

While I agree that pure random is massively UNmotivating (I've played less this expac than any other as a result), expert recipe books don't come out of solo instances.
    Your best chance (not a good chance, just best chance) at getting them is from the overseer missions... the legendary+ missions. Still pure RNG though.
    chattie and Breanna like this.
  12. chattie Well-Known Member

I have a good many advanced from the Overseer quests but no shadowed ones, so i guess my ring on all my toons must be zilch. I don't even look for shadowed rares anymore as I have no recipe books so for now they're useless. Other than running the sig line on my stable of toons which become tedious as the rewards from the solo zone with my ring are also useless as i get crap gear and infusers. It would be nice to get something worth while ever now and then, but unless you want to repeat zone til you can run them blindfolded. I am so very disappointed in this expac and even more so in myself for buying the premium one and wasting all that money that I could have at least spent on a nice dinner which I would have at least enjoyed and remember fondly.
    Jaeded likes this.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The problem here Raff, is that you're making the assumption that the more you play, the greater the chances you have of getting the drops. Unfortunately, that's not the case. It would be if the RNG/Loot table system was working as intended, but when you're playing multiple toons 6 hours a day, you can still come up on the short end of the stick. There's the central problem with the current system. How much time you invest in the game has zero to do with whether you'll actually see loot drops.