Purchased the Opera House in Qeynos but betrayed to Freeport

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Hartsmith, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

This question was asked before but never definitively answered, and google on web found someone's answer applied to the prestige home from a CE. What about prestige homes bought singularly on a character in one city who later decides to move to the opposing faction? The warning that pops up when I first press relinquish says I would have to buy it again. Does that mean I would have to fork out another 900 dbc? Or does it give the deed back?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

you don't have to fork out cash, you will have to buy it again from any portal ( Freeport or Qeynos) for 0 copper

the deed once redeemed just allows you to buy it from housing portal, you do not get it back, you do not need it back anyway
  3. Nunja Well-Known Member

You don't need to move houses at all it will show up on the FP and Qeynos side. I have a coercer who was a HE Illy when she bought her Felewith mansion then betrayed and I can access on FP portal.
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Appreciate the feedback but already knew I could do that. That just didn't fit with how I wanted to play this character.

Thankfully it did not require me to repurchase using DBC. My character, and any evil customers wanting to avoid paying taxes on broker items, can access it directly from Freeport.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hang on; there was a time I'd gotten the Mistmoore on an Evil Coercer toon (before I realized being a Coercer without bulking up the Strength "branch" of the AA tree was pretty useless in the Hedge Maze center [even before the recent...muck up of the Hedge Maze]; I'd since Betrayed her to a Good Illusionist), and after I'd Betrayed, I was able to "re-get" the Mistmoore in Qeynos. I have NOT been able to do that ever again with any of my Betrayed toons, be they Good->Evil or vice versa. :-/

I'd been told for the longest time that, since essentially, I already had one copy of a prestige house, I could not have another one.

Did they change this recently for the better? :D

Uwk
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

How did you "re-get" the mistmoore house? Did you buy the deed off the loyalty vendor? Because it's one of the houses that lets you do that.

Anyway, don't worry about whether the house is in Freeport or Qeynos. The Housing tab in your character window allows you to access all of you houses (and your guildhall) from any of the 6 cities, regardless of your alignment or where the house is located. Just... have your house.
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Actually it's 7 cities and 2 guildhall zones.
  8. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

7? Or 8?
    I know Maj'Dul has a selection of housing for characters, but Thurgadin also has at least one housing option with the Thurgadin Grand Hall that originally required players travel to Thurgadin to access.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For the life of me, I'm not sure how I got it again once I went to Qeynos; I wasn't even thinking I couldn't do it, prestige houses not being a thing until after I'd Betrayed with my first traitorous toon, and I just walked right up to the li'l housing statue thingee and did what I needed to do to get the Mistmoore...I think. :-/

At any rate, yeah, none of my others have been able to do something like that back when I Betrayed with them originally, but my most recent one was awhile ago, so I'll check on that again.

And yep, Cusa is completely right; you can access any house of yours, regardless of alignment or location, but to this day, my Coercer/Illy is the only one able to have two portals (one Evil, one Good) to the "same" house parked in one location (GH or other house). I'll also check on her and see what her personal Housing and Leaderboards list is like. :)

Uwk
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

Good point. I forget about Maj'Dul having housing so that should make 8.