[Public Test] Tonights Update = Unrecoveralbe error

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Zoe1, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Zoe1 Member

After the update tonight (SOEBuild=12483T) I can't log into Public Test. I am getting Unrecoveralbe error and must shutdown \framework\render\VeShader.cpp (9905):m_shaderParams.m_pPixelShader019372fb 019432a0

I don't use a custom UI. Running Windows 7 Professional. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 graphics card.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Are you getting this error instead of the login window where you input your user name and password? I've had that come up on occasion; since I'm cynical and don't buy into the nonsense on that, I usually just try again (kill the offending launch page, click up the desktop shortcut); sometimes I have to wait a few minutes. Not sure what it is, though it could be related to the "Trying login server #1" notice and then the "Oh, oh, oh, all the servers are super-duper uber-busy! Really! Honest and for true! >giggle< :D" nonsense that follows. X-P

If you're getting the error at a different point, or repeatedly after trying several times, then I'm not sure (I just tried logging in after seeing this, even though I wasn't intending to be on Test tonight; had to try! :) So far, so good...). :-/

Good luck! ;->

Uwk

EDIT: okay, so far I've gotten to the actual Updating bit (I haven't since Erollisi Day ended), where there's 57,509 K worth of files to install, and I'm at 69.5% of 'em. We'll see what becomes of it, ultimately. :-/

EDIT: okay, got through the file installation (in 691.628 seconds; roughly 11 1/2 minutes) and--oh. Crap:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify> G:\test\eq2\framework\render\VeShader.cpp (9905):
    m_shaderParams.m_pPixelShader
    01d672fb 01d732a0

(their G: drive, not anything of ours)

Well, foozles. Not the usual after all. :-/
  3. Jasym Member

I'm also getting a similar error message when I try to log onto Test. I do use a custom UI and I have Win10. I revalidated and am still getting the message.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm getting it right after I hit the PLAY button and it fades to black, like usual--then dies. X-P

Oh--using the default UI and Win7 Home edition; graphics card = NVidia GeForce GT 640.

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Currently looking at other non-US live servers...

UK (Splitpaw) = so far, so good; got all the way to the Character Select screen, though I'm a bit unnerved that the latest build is from Feb 16 2016 10:17:40 (I can only presume that time is PST) and was only 1,870 K. Maybe I should check to see if Erollisi Day is still on there... ;->

Fr (Storms) = 5,269 K, from the exact same date/time as the UK; SOEBuild=12479L (which I neglected to get from the UK. Drat). Am looking at my 9 toons' smiling faces there. :)

So, yeah, looks like Test was the only one hit really hard by this. :-/

Uwk
    who, again, wasn't intending to get into Test tonight, but now that I can't... >:-/
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, checked out to see if Erollisi Day was still on in France; nope, drat. ;->

Uwk
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! My apologies, Zoe1; this is the error I thought you were referring to originally (I'm just stupid that way, or at least unobservant):

[IMG]

And by the time I'd taken a screenshot of it, saved it to MS Paint, and added it to my DeviantArt page so I could insert it here, it had changed its mind and graciously allowed me access to the login screen for reals. X-P

EDIT: this is from the US-based live server side. :-/

Uwk
  8. Zoe1 Member

No problem, I am happy you guys were trying to log into Test & confirm there was a problem, so happy Test is back. Thank you both!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's back up? Awesome, thanks! :)

Uwk
    who has 11 toons there... ;->
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, it may be up, but it's taking its own sweet time; 6,321 M (basically, over 6 GIGS) to download for the update??? :mad:

Whatever happened to DBG giving us updates in smaller chunks, almost unique amongst online games? :-/

Uwk
    who, sorry, still doesn't have access to a Cray Supercomputer, o Powers... >:-/