Public Test Bug: Guild Hall - Portal to Housing - not listing all Houses

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kasa, May 25, 2018.

1. Kasa Well-Known Member

Guild Hall Portal to Housing is not listing all my houses the ones missing are:
    Lion's Mane Vestige Room - The Baubbleshire Qeynos Capitol
    City of Mist Estate
    Dhalgar Precipice of the Deep Portal
    Ethernere EnclaveThurgadin Grand Hall

My main Alt Katrien is missing:
    Lion's Mane Vestige Room - The Baubbleshire in Qeynos Capitol
    Maj'Dul Suite Portal
    Opera House Portal
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Maza New Member

I noticed that all my homes are not showing on the Guild Hall Portal to Housing. Long list...
    Kasa and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I noticed that the sort order on the list had changed yesterday, but hadn't double-checked that everything was there, much less if you could search on 'em. :/
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

I noticed that too, I have such a habit of years clicking on the top one on my list LOL I am going crazy now! All my alts, & its family house too for crafting. :eek:

5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The stuff I've always noticed with the Guild Hall Housing Portal thingee was that:

a) If, for some peculiar reason, you don't expressly give express access to your alts, in writing, expressly, in the house in question, that won't show up on the list for an alt who wasn't "given access," even though we're all Trustees of each other now. At least, that's the way it worked (not!) for the longest time, and my most recent experiences on non-Test servers still bear that out. Is that supposed to be fixed on Test? That would be an awesome first start! :D

b) If an alt has a ton of houses (especially my old farts on Test, the ones who were around when they were originally testing the concept of Prestige Houses, and could get 4 of them for 1 Station Cash [essentially, a penny in RL money, but they were testing the buying aspect of it, too]), you frequently have to do a Search for that toon's list of houses to find the one you need. :-/

What I've noticed about the order changing on the list is that the one alt's one house I use most frequently (he's the one with all the non-Frostfell Personal Depots) finally started showing up higher up on the list, so I wouldn't necessarily have to keep looking him up specifically to root about for that house in the hopes of finding it. ;->

Another thing I've noticed about searching for a particular toon's house nowadays, even when trying to enter from the "street," as it were, is that if you go to Visit a house, like the Valor Homestead in New Halas, and right-click to start the process and type in enough letters in the Search box to get near the person you're looking for -- example: my alt Abrahm; he's in the A's, and even on Test, that's a goodly chunk of list, and there's one other there that's close, Abracas, but if I enter in Abr, all I have to choose from then is two names -- but then that combination of letters will stick in the game's memory for when I try to leave the house. Abrahm has a ton of my other alts' Mistmoore Crags portals in his Homestead, and when I click on either the door or the li'l green arrow to Leave, rather than a huge list of options from everyone else to go to (as well as New Halas, of course), all I get is Abrahm's other prestige portals, since the Search function is still there and still has the Abr letters in it.

It's cool, but not if I'm on an Evil alt and want to go to someone's Mistmoore place in Freeport, rather than Qeynos. :-/

Actually, no, it's not cool; it's annoying. :(

Uwk
    Kasa and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Kasa Well-Known Member

Found a work around for now to see all my houses, I had Katrien take my access off some of her houses. Anyone have ideas how to get the house sort order the way it was? Lion's Mane Vestige Room was always top of my list.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Darlin', I'm not sure how the list changed, at least not the mechanics of it. :-/

Uwk
    Kasa likes this.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

My list changed too, sort of annoying because yea I have one house that sort of works for everyone and it was always #2 on the list, now it's somewhere below the middle. Really screws you up when you zone into the wrong house because after years of picking the second one down it isn't. I tried different things and couldn't find anything to get the order back that they were in. The one thing I haven't done is pick up all the portals and then put them down again, because that sounds like too much work. LOL
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kasa like this.
  9. Kasa Well-Known Member

Thank you anyhow. :)
  10. Kasa Well-Known Member

LOL, I know I am so trained too to click on that first spot with all my peeps since guild halls came out,... twitch twitch.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If/when you figure it out, please let the rest of us know! :D

Uwk
    Kasa likes this.
  12. Kasa Well-Known Member

Will do! :D
  13. Seni Active Member

This started about a month ago on live for me. The hub house all the alts use disappeared from everyone's list, and can only be located if her name is typed into search so it can filter just her homes.

It started right after I or one of my alts added a new house - curious if that happened for any of you before the list changed, as well? It felt like I'd somehow hit a limit and the list could no longer display them all, so it was truncating the list until it is filtered.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

No new housing for me, and list is still messed up.:confused:
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's true for my main house-owning guy on Test (not necessarily my main toon there), who has the depots at his place. For the longest time, he had so many houses that to get to the one we needed the most, we'd have to type his name, or at least part of it, into the Search box to find it.

Nowadays, what I've been noticing, in not only that but also while Visiting another toon's house "on foot" (rather than Housing & Leaderboards), is that the house(s) we visit most often (or most recently?) show up on top; there's a lot less "gotta plug in the name to find what you want" stuff going on. At least on Test. :)

Uwk
    Kasa likes this.
  16. elflover Well-Known Member

Yeah sadly live is the same for having to type characters names to get to their own homes (guild hall housing portal), which is annoying when it used to show that ones homes and type for alts homes you were added too. Don't like that change makes me feel like my homes are missing when they aren't, I should see mine over alt/others homes. Change it back please.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had that exact same issue just now--well, earlier this morning--when it looked like I only had one home for the character who was trying to get to a home of his...that wasn't listed on the Housing Portal amenity. 'Cause, I dunno, he had like 5 houses, and after the 4th, apparently they just give up and shovel everything into the "make 'em look it up" category? :-/

Uwk
    Seni and Kasa like this.
  18. Ladyclov4 New Member

this has happen to me also, took house from the list on the portal that i used everyday, and house there that i dont even use.
    one day they was there the next gone, i had to put the house portal on the wall to get to the houses.
    just like trying to switch toons most of the names on the account im on is not on there , but toons from my other accounts are on there, same on all accounts i hate it.
  19. Ladyclov4 New Member

it was working one day and the next it wasn't, they messed it up but when u ask for help they want u to fix it, when there
    is so many that is affected they need to fix it for everyone.