Public Quest and Fabled Fallen Dynasty Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Chrol, Aug 4, 2016.

1. SandsMans Active Member

Part of what made the DoV PQs so much fun was their accessibility to everyone near the level range. Their difficulty scaled based on the number of people doing the content and how well the content was being cleared, and you didn't need the best gear in order to participate. These PQs on the test server appear to have none of that.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Lucus and Finora like this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

I'm kind of with Dyeana here.

I really enjoyed the old Velious PQs, even with the bugged loot (which still bugs out from time to time, I did the ring war one recently start to finish as the only person there and my Templar could not loot the chest with a message saying she didn't qualify for it).

But the old PQs would scale down after a whlie, I haven't spent a HUGE amount of time hanging around the new ones watching, but they do not seem to scale down in difficulty (unless they already have and they are standing around at a lower difficulty).

I am all for large groups of people coming together and doing things together, but if no one is doing them in their current state they are disruptive to the zones, since a lot of solo players certainly aren't going to be killing them as they are. Maybe they will be less so on the regular servers, but on test where the population is already small and spread out over play times and many levels, the new PQs are not working out well. Which is really disappointing to me. When the announcement came with the "damage inflicted against Public quest encounters scales" I mistakenly thought it would be more like an level agnostic thing (which would have been epic).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Dyeana Active Member

Comment for those stuck on Zhvari ....... Make sure all other named are gone. You will see messages that this or that is removed from Zhvari when you kill some other named in the zone.

I just ran thru the zone again this morning to see if there was something holding Zhvari. Other than paying closer attention to the messages, I only managed to die 4 or 5 times. Seems the only time I get trouble on Zhvari is when I switch targets off her. If I keep her in my 'sights' she goes down and I see no great overpowering hit on me. But if I start hitting on her 'adds' I usually die around 30 percent or higher. But of course, this is with her being the last mob to go. I am not sure how she acts if other named mobs are still up providing her resists and such.

And .... <<SHOCK>> .... I got something other than leather this time. A chain and a plate, with 2 more leathers and 6 infusers. Hey could we get some trash loot on these mobs that can sell for a few plat?? I miss that in ToT, along with no great chests dropping and anything you get anymore worth half of what you got in AoM for selling to the broker. I thought it was to be a little bit better as you went along to sell things, but seems items sell for less now than 2 or more expansions ago.

As far as a mission, I looked over the quest "The Rift" which gives some info on Zhvari, and a list of the named. Nothing as to an order since it is difficult when there are multiple paths or jumps one can make. Still would be nice to get at least a mission for the zone. And some pebbles for completion <grin>.

Oh well.

Dye
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

Yikes hehhee thank you.

I don't know if this is intended but the Nizari War Idols choice in rewards is a cloth or plate helm.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

<snipped to only reply to this part :) >

I'm still stuck on her, I only have her as the only mob left (well her and her crew of course). My first pull on day one was her minions and died almost instantly. The subsequent pulls have been to pull and stay on her and still a no go for me. I'll try again later today, but she is killing me with 6m+ slashing damage. I've tried with a second account healer, with a merc on aggressive, with merc on passive etc. No matter, once I pull, she kills me almost instantly with slashing damage in the millions.

Thanks for the suggestions, I hope something works for me! :)
  6. Chrol Developer

Thanks for the feedback on the PQs so far. I'll take a look at the damage output on the higher level ones. Regarding the big one in Thalumbra, many of the basilisks have been moved far enough away. There might be some Aberrants and their thralls that need to be moved, however. Unfortunately, we cannot hide them or the PQ mobs from view.

Also, Zhvari's damage will be toned down in advanced solo.
  7. Ixian Active Member

Agreed. There's going to be some broken hearts and dreams if they ship PQs with what most would consider to be integral features.
  8. Kasa Well-Known Member

Mysterious Elemental Cores Collection choice of rewards is cloth or plate boots.
    <Tears for chain booties> ;)
  9. Kasa Well-Known Member

Objects of the Nizari Captains Collection = cloth or plate forearms.
  10. Kasa Well-Known Member

Nizari Battle Ribbons Collection = chain or leather forearms.
  11. Chrol Developer

There have been a number of changes to the public quests which I would encourage anyone on test to check out and submit feedback. Thanks!
  12. SandsMans Active Member

I just killed the one group in Withered Lands by the Skyshrine end of the Holgresh pass (no idea what it's called). It just seemed like a normal group encounter. There was no quest or timer visible in my journal, and after killing it there was a "Defender's Medal" reward.

I'm not geared to walk anywhere close to the Thalumbra ones yet though. I did try hailing the NPC by the Kralet area since he had a quest icon, but all he said was that if I were a crafter I could help him. It looked like it tried to give me a recipe, but my crafting wasn't high enough.
  13. Dabb Active Member

No beta invites sent out to test? ive been here 16 years...
    Feldon likes this.
  14. Gubbo New Member

As someone said earlier "They also don't do beta invites based on account age."

I have seen beta invites being given out to people guild-wide, meaning an entire guild is invited into the beta, or a guild leader is allowed X amount of invites. At least this was the case during SF. They do this so they can work with the guild and see how people progress through events and scripts. If you ask me, it makes their job of monitoring scripts easier because they can see what happened and talk to the raiders for direct feedback.
  15. Kasa Well-Known Member

Advanced Solo The Fabled Nizara, City of Nayad missing the two names to take the walls down to kill the final name Mistress Zhari.
  16. Jamiss Developer

Do you have a custom UI?
  17. Lucus Well-Known Member

it wouldn't kill them to do a closed beta test and then a public beta test, on the beta server, you know so more players can test things out so less broken stuff makes it to live in the first place.
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. SandsMans Active Member

Yes, I am using DarqUI, which I haven't updated in a couple months. I'll try it again after updating and then again with the default UI.

----update using the latest DarqUI----

Killed the first group by the Withered Lands entrance. This time "Search and Destroy" was in my quest journal with a timer. However, there was no reward upon completion this time. In fact, it did not even register in my chat window that I killed the epic x2 mob, just the militants surrounding it.

----update using the default UI----

Killed the group encounter by Siren's Grotto in Cobalt Scar. With the default UI the little blue circle shows up as well as the sword icon, this is not visible using DarqUI and EQ2MAPs, they only show the sword icon. No reward again upon completion.
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Couple of things have come up.

How often is the ToT event set to restart? I left my character in ToT and today when I logged on, the event wasn't up. I've watched for an hour and a half now and no respawn for the event.

BTW I spent an hour yesterday in ToT and I like how it's set up :D

Since no ToT event is up, I logged in a level 60+ and went to tier appropriate PQ. The quest pops up in her journal as it should. She kills the malice mobs, but only got 1/9 update once the named was killed. So I went to a second PQ in the same zone, by the time I got there the quest once again reads 0/9. Killed those mobs, again only 1/9 and that's once the named is killed. Have waited approx 30 mins for respawns. I'm guessing this isn't the way it's supposed to work.

Going back to watch in ToT see when it respawns :) Will try diff tiers later on!
  20. Kasa Well-Known Member

I use EQ2maps & do not see any marks on my maps in Thalumbra the Ever Deep. but I do see icons of a circle with a sword in Tranquil Sea. My husband has no custom UIs & can see the marks on the map. I ran the Search and Destroy quest in both locations around those zones, I get the quest updates but no rewards.