PSA Regarding "Account to Account transfers are now available"

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Apr 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

What was left off of the announcement is the cost,...
    just a mere 4999 DBC, aka $50.00 minus one cent.
    to throw some data across a network connection via copy/paste,...
    or perhaps move onto a USB Thumb Drive,...
    or portable Hard Drive,...

one could BUY their very own 1-2TB Hard drive for that much,...
    if we pay the 4999 DBC, do we also get the 1-2TB Hard Drive with the copy of our character file(s) sent to us as backup?
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

I think this price is fair. Look what it runs for a server transfer. Most just won't be bouncing from account to account on a whim now will they.
  3. Wart One Member

Server transfers improved over the years BUT HAVE ALWAYS COST $25.00.

Character transfers cost $25.00, then were $0 when the service shutdown, then went to $49.99. Because they figure no one will notice the price increase.
  4. Svenone Well-Known Member

I know I was intending on transfering a few more characters to other accounts, but the price increase put a kibosh on most of that. I transfered two of the most pressing (IMO) cases, but the rest are now in the "so long, have fun in FTP" land. Because $50 each is just too much IMO, especially now that account-account transfers are completely automatic and do not incur the time and expense of any CS people's time.
  5. Wart One Member

Some farthing grabbing manager expects noobs to think it's not a big increase, using $49.99 instead of $50.

Expecting to see the secret automated server transfer box next. Complete with new $49.99 price tag.
    Roomis Ce Gloomis likes this.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

This, pricing, and lack of customer service is my biggest gripe about Daybreak Games. Ever since they took over, they have literally charged twice as much for EVERYTHING than Sony for less service on, well, everything.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

As a retired computer tech, even $25 is too much.
  8. Roomis Ce Gloomis Member

$25.00 - Character account transfer, World of Warcraft, yearly revenue $2B. Blizzard net worth $29B.
    $49.99 - Character account transfer, EverQuest II. Was $25.00. Daybreak net worth $250M???

$10.00 - Server transfer, Star Wars The Old Republic. Electronic Arts net worth $23B.
    $25.00 - Server transfer, EverQuest II. Daybreak net worth $250M???
    Look Indeed. Daybreak gives out FREE server transfers too.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I was hoping for a one price option to merge 2 accounts together. I have 4 accounts that I would love to merge into 2 and 2 and then another 2 that I would leave alone. So they would still get revenue for 4 accounts and I would have no FtP.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I'd merge accounts for $50 - but will not spend that much to transfer one character. :eek:
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  11. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

The greed math wouldn't support a $50 merge price. But you never know. Maybe asking in a certain manner might get Mr. Contraire* to put it in. ;)
    * Asking to return the transfer service was so irritating, that one employee made the punitive cost change from $25 to $49.99. o_O

$50 Merge cost versus current cost**.
    ** Of course some will have more characters. Driving up the cost/profit.

Free-To-Play base character slots: 2.
    Cost to transfer 2 characters to another account, $99.98 = $49.99 x 2.
    Plus $10 per character slot, $20 = $10 x 2. Total $119.98 = $99.98 + $20.

Subscriber base character slots: 7.
    Cost to transfers 7 characters to another account, $349.93 = $49.99 x 7.
    Plus $10 per character slot, $70 = $10 x 7. Total $419.93 = $349.93 + 70.
    Balanced with the subscription loss of $14.99 per month, for the closed account.

Why get $50 when you can rake in $119.98 or $419.93, and deter people closing their accounts by cheap consolidation? Easier to bleed convince a customer $49.99 at a time, than hundreds of dollars at a time.

Not that Daybreak doesn't give a volume discount.

499 DBC - Item Unattuner
    2,999 DBC - Item Unattuner Bundle (7 Item Unattuners)
    500 DBC - 2 Item Unattuners. ***
    *** Remember when you could spend your monthly allowance on unattuners? How cash tight must a company be to remove something like this?

But It's typically a small discount.

BUT at $50? Daybreak think of the money grab profit that's possible by people accidentally pressing the commit transfer button. And those fees are non-refundable. :p And customers realizing their error, spending $49.99 to put each of their characters back. :p

Get into the action.
    Join the nearly 15 thousand view "Character Account to Account Transfers Unavailable" :D(At Original Price).
    Geroblue likes this.
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree, @Kawoosh, about the numbers. Except they won't be making ANY $$ from me on account transfers. (they get my $$ on the Marketplace... :eek:)

I'd even pay $99 to merge two accounts, but no more than that.
  13. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

... that COMES WITH the/any needed Character Slot(s).
    Hate to spend THAT much, only to find that the recently arrived characters are [UNAVAILABLE] due to having exceeded number of available slots,...
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Laaw Well-Known Member

Inflation? I just wait for server mergers. TLE no point the other new servers is there a reason to transfer?
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Good point! However, in my case, I'd be moving toons from F2P accounts to my all-access - each of the F2P accounts has two toons... so that would be $99 + 2 slots for each account... yeah... probably not going to happen.
    Geroblue, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.