Provisioner rare droprate

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Redlight, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Redlight Well-Known Member

Still seems 1 in 600 nodes. Please fix.
    Siren, Elyria and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I think its perfect as is.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Redlight Well-Known Member

Not everybody likes harvesting for 3 hours plus per rare. This is ludicrous.
    Siren likes this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Ludicrous is an appropriate word to describe it, but Rare should mean just that...Rare!
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Elyria Well-Known Member

lol, Rare at least implies it should pop up once in a while...i was harvesting in New Halas all evening yesterday, and i was clear-cutting...i got Eleven *severed bones*, maybe Five rare *whatever the pelt is*, a couple rare loam, and...wait for it...ZERO @^%$#^ *FIRE MELONS*:mad:! Haha, maybe the RNG Gods are trying to tell me i am a carpenter?:rolleyes: i was torn between provisioner and tailor...don't really wanna carpent with this char:(

*oh, Great and Powerful Gods of RNG, by the power of earth and bush, and den and sea, i'll sell my severed bones for a reasonable price on the broker, if you just give a couple fire melons to me:D*

*edit: apparently this is the PVP TLE area, my char is on Kaladim:eek:. whoops, but still...
    Siren likes this.
  6. Restrained New Member

agreed, rare drop for loams and provis is crazy low.... is more like ultra rare.....
    Siren likes this.
  7. Redlight Well-Known Member

Might as well give every single rare harvestable and fabled drop the same drop rate as the mythical maldura hammer. I would bet that this game would die in a month.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

My main on Skyfire has been a Provisioner since launch day, and I can tell you the rare drops have been terrible even on the free servers since rares were first added to Provisioning (they went in years after the other crafting lines already had rares, so apparently their drop rate is separate from the rest).

You might want to consider re-speccing into another line of crafting if your level isn't too high yet. There's a trainer you can go to (usually nearby the regular crafting trainer) that will put you back to level 9, so you can immediately pick another crafting line instead (I know, ugh, right? But it does save you 9 levels of crafting again anyway).

Woodworkers make health and power totems, besides of course all the other totems, bows, arrows, staves and wands. They also make wooden 1H and 2H weapons, but Scouts can't use those, only fighters, mages and priests depending upon which wooden weapons they are.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can't really judge drop rates until you have 1000 pulls or more to have a reasonable statistical universe. There is a Harvest Tracker plug-in for Advanced Combat Tracker that I like to use so I can see what the actual drop rates work out to be, without relying on my own unreliable "feeling".

You can install the Harvesting plug-in, then import your old logs and see the harvesting results that way.

The provisioner rares are extremely rare in all tiers, with a drop rate of about 0.5%.
    Pixistik likes this.
  10. Hekter New Member

I got 13 fused loams in about 4 days...thats way too long.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) How many individual harvests was that? How much actual time did you spend harvesting? Four days doesn't mean anything if you only spent ten minutes a day harvesting.

(2) What is your harvesting skill for Mining (which is what you need for loams) and Gathering (which is what you need for provisioner raws)?
    • To harvest common resources you do not have to have a particular harvesting skill, but if your skill is low, you may have to try more times to get a harvest.
    • You do have to have a minimum skill in order to be eligible for rare harvests, which will be 5x the max level of the harvested items in that tier. Fused Loam is T5, level 40-49, so you need 5 x 49 = 245 minimum skill to get a fused loam, or any rare in a T5 zone.

(3) Are you using any gear that helps harvesting? Some reduced harvesting time, some offers Bountiful Harvest (which means you harvest two times on one pull), some can even increase rare chance. I'll list the stuff that's in TLE level, but there are tools available at higher levels also.
    • Woodworker-Crafted Harvesting Tools
      • Ash Harvesting Kit (level 20+ adv/crafter) -- Reduces harvest time by 0.1 seconds, +2% chance of a second harvest.
      • Briarwood Harvesting Kit (level 30+ adv/crafter) -- Reduces harvest time by 0.2 seconds, +4% Bountiful Harvest
      • Teak Harvesting Kit (level 40+ adv/crafter) -- Reduces harvest time by 0.3 seconds, +6% Bountiful Harvest
      • Sandalwood Harvesting Kit (level 50+ adv/crafter) -- Reduces harvest time for all harvesting skills by 0.4 seconds. Has a 8% chance of a second harvest.
    Siren likes this.
  12. Hekter New Member

Eradani likes this.
  13. Eradani Well-Known Member

Sig forgets we're not a live server

as for me, i've been harvesting (for hours at a time) since 2006 and i don't need a parse to tell me that food rares are extremely low, both root and ore rares are low, gems are somewhat low, rare pelts are ok, and wood rares in T2 and T3 are terribly high. there's no root rare off food bushes for us.
    Siren likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Noo. All those items are crafted at sub-50 levels. I play on FallenGate, so I dunno if the new TLEs have tinkering, but woodworkers make crafting tools with recipes well within the TLE range.
    Siren likes this.
  15. Hekter New Member

There is no tinkering until eof and I was able to get Teak Harvesting Kit, they sell it for 15g on the broker.