Provisioner or Tailor?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Trojake, Apr 19, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Trojake Guest

Which one of these would go best along side Warlock? Are the hand-made robes worth being a tailor for? Not looking to get rich, just want an artisan class that's most beneficial to Warlock. I thought about Provisioner for Drink purposes..
    Message Edited by Trojake on 04-19-2005 11:31 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Soefje Guest

I would try provisioner. Use the money you save by making food and drink and buy good robes. One of may alts is going to be a provisioner and I am amazed at level 15 how much more coin I have because I don't have to by food/drink.
    Message Edited by Soefje on 04-20-2005 08:28 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Thyriel Guest

I would definitly say in all my time as a warlock, the most money for crafters my sage has gotten.
    Tailor i think i maybe needed 3 pieces in during all levels, (and 2 of them where tier5 rare pieces), Provisioner i would not recommend. I thought that once myself, but after figuring out how much work it is to make a "simple" stack of drinks that last for maybe a week i really decided that it is much more effective to just farm 3,4 hours a week and spend half the money from that farming into some provisioner. I stoped doing my Provisioner at lvl23 although, but i guess it wont get funnier at higher provi levels, even at making only crude drinks to save time i needed around 3 hours pure crafting for a stack, just not worth the time i think
  4. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

Sage is nice for spell upgrades and Tailor/Jeweler's are great for armor upgrades, but the truth is, there's better (Adept I's or Master I's, or quested/raided gear). Provisioner is the only one that you are literally making the best that is out there, all the time, from day one until...well, forever.
  5. ARCHIVED-Flachette1 Guest

do provisioner youll save cash from keeping the 3hour drinks you make for yourself and make cash selling the 1 hour drinks which arent hard to make. Tailor really isnt a bad choice either considering they make those voodoo dolls now but there will be a point people wont need tailors but they will always need a prov. Just whatever you do, do not do alchy, we suck now and have almost nothing to market anymore. Level 42 alch here and with the offline selling and removal of dependencies and crapification of potions and poisons my sales went from 50g + a day down to maybe 5g if im lucky.
  6. ARCHIVED-WaachBack Guest

IMHO, go Tailor. Dolls and rare armor are very nice. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Alfred75 Guest

IMO, ask such questions in the Tradeskills Forums...
  8. ARCHIVED-Ingrata Guest

Definitely ask this question in the tradeskill forums as they may have a lot more information for you.
    If it were my choice, I would go Tailor. Being able to make your own outfits would be of great benefit... not to mention the rare items you'd be able to make and getting things imbued. Provisioner can be a whole lot of work and it does get a bit exasperating to just cook and cook and cook all day for 1 weeks worth of food... and that doesn't even count all the 'oh I forgot to purchase food' people you run into out there. (Personally, I don't gift food to strangers, but I've seen more than one person notice X person in the group is a provisioner, and then they'll ask if he has any food or drink 'to spare'...hideous behavior). Granted, everyone needs food and drink to adventure/craft in this game, but that doesn't mean you'll always be in the mood to craft your own necessities... and it's very easy to fall into the 'I'll just buy it this one time' mentality... been there done that, and that was the end of my crafting :smileysad:
    Ultimately, you're the one who has to craft, so make sure you really love the crafting class you pick. :smileyhappy:
  9. ARCHIVED-LoraJ Guest

I'm a provisioner, but making enough drinks/food to make a decent profit keeps me in the kicthen too long. I have fallen way behind in my adventuring. I should probably be lvl 42 right now, but I am only lvl 34. Although my provisioner is 44. I was trying so hard to crank out stuff to provide food/drink for guildies using T5.
    My boyfriend has a tailor. He has mad so much in the last few weeks with the dolls. He makes like 30g a day and I make 10g if I am lucky. And that's with 4 hours of crafting.
  10. ARCHIVED-Melkor66 Guest

well i am a 46 warlock 50 provisioner. Don't do provisioner for yourself cuz really the only thing you will use is food while soloing. With conversion spells high lvl you don't even need drink since there is very little down time between pulls making it useless. Did provisioner for guild members. I make about 50g a day after i spend like 3 days crafting so you can make money but you have to have a buying base i guess.
  11. ARCHIVED-TheBladesCaress Guest

As a level 38 Warlock, I can generally go grouped without using any drink, and never run out of power. Provisioner is worthless to warlocks.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kaeylum Guest

I'm a 32 Warlock, and a 32 Prov. IMO go with tailor, there are so many provs(atleast on my server), and any more they aren't the piggy bank they used to be. Infact at this point, you can make more money not even worrying about Crafting, and just sell the drops u get while Xping.