Provisioner / Armorer

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jordus, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Jordus New Member

For a Paladin. Which would I get more use out of? I already have an alchemist. Not a raider mostly Molo.

Thanks.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Armorer is of use for a short time as you hit new tiers (10, 20, 50, 80, etc) and then not at all. Food and drink are always useful
    Jordus and Tekka like this.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Provisioner - armour gets replaced all the time, but you will always need food and drink. And can make a tidy bit of coin on the broker selling it as well.
    Jordus and Tekka like this.
  4. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

You can switch profession any time. Almost all recipes of previous profession will be lost during the switch and it would take from 2 to 3 months to get to level 100 in new profession without working yourself too hard.
    Jordus likes this.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

As previously stated, provisioner would be your best bet long term since in a lot of games, this one included, gear is a finite need, where consumables are not.

If you have a lot of resources, and don't mind grinding rush orders until your brain falls out, depending on your play time you could swap back and forth between crafting professions in an evening to a weekend. A week tops if you don't want to push it.

However, it is not something I would recommend to the average sane person.
    Jordus, Mermut and Rhodris like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Armor is expensive. Making new armor as you level up is helpful, but since the new trend is to hand out a set of starter armor at the beginning of an expansion, it lessens the usefulness of mastercrafted armor.

However, that being said, if you use refined rares to make mastercrafted rubicite armor, then experiment it to Visionary, it is much better than the freebie armor from the box at the spires, and will get you through the questlines and into heroic zones. Then as you upgrade your gear, you put all that mastercrafted stuff on your mercenary.
    Jordus and Evguenil62 like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

How much does it actually help the merc? I haven't noticed any merc, geared or not, that does even 1/2 the dps of even my low dps healers.. and the healer mercs keep my non-healers alive just fine in next to no gear.
    I suppose it's better then destroying the gear you don't need any more, but I'm curious if it actually makes a noticable/useful improvement to their performance.
    Tekka likes this.
  8. Lucus Well-Known Member

the only real benefit I've noticed is them having higher health so they don't die, important for healer merc anyway PQs give you random prestige merc armor anyways which is better then what can be crafted.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've seen the merc gear from PQs, when I was running them. I've never had problems with my healer mercs dying.. but then I never use mercs outside of solo instances on my weaker toons, maybe that's why.
  10. Wart One Member

TLE or regular server, provisioner. @max level armorer is one last set and done. You will always need provisions.

You are a Paladin 76 Armorer 80 on Fallen Gate and Paladin 91 Alchemist 85 on Maj'Dul. You use armorer on yourself constantly, or buy provisions constantly?
  11. Jordus New Member

Thanks for all the replies. I will go with provisioner.
    Tekka likes this.
  12. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Maj'Dul:
    I could not find any useful crafted gear as level 91 Paladin on Maj'Dul. I use infused and imbued gear from agnostic dungeons which is much better than crafted gear at this leve. And I use a special heritage gear coming from my other character on Fallen Gate. Heritage gear is the best at level 91. It might be completely different for characters of other levels though.

Fallen Gate:
    I used to sell crafted armor pieces in the past on Fallen Gate to earn a bit of coins and I crafted a couple of armor pieces for myself when I was a low level paladin. It helped a bit.

I have provision on my character on Maj'Dul. I made enough provision for myself when I was a provisioner, I don't need to buy it on broker at the moment. I can also ask for help with gear or provision my guild fellows when I desperately need something special.