Proving Grounds first impressions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kielex, May 9, 2017.

1. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Proving grounds is the end of heroic zones lol, and free 100 is the age of summoner hell
  2. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

1. You end up in already cleared zone.
    2. You enter different instances
    3. Some spells work better then the others. But it's unbalanced as hell.
    4. Heals their are percentage based. Unbalanced as hell again.

Some classes do better then the others, much better. Two BL in the group is enough to oneshot first 3 nameds.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

good to know ... :D
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Those are the options you queue with.

You can either queue your whole group, or solo.
    Shmogre likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that. No healer that isn't a masochist wants to run the PQs in their current state.
    Add that they are buggy as all get out and are even grindier then instances....
  6. Ezoo Member

Well, so much seems to not work that it gives the impression
    of being super buggy. If this is not the case and it is working as
    intended then the devs should explain up front so the impression
    is not so bad.
    Hash likes this.
  7. Xpect New Member

Suggestion...fix the ques so that we don't enter a match where you are the side that has killed the fourth and final mob. Seems like it would be an easy group check for the cue software.... almost every time I que...I am put in a group that has completed and is waiting on the other team to finish.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they keep reusing that matchmaker; since the DF went in, it's been borked beyond belief. Maeveniou or however he spells it was supposed to be the Big Bug Crusher Dev according to his sig, but he stuck his head into the matchmaker's door then ran off screaming, and nobody else has seemingly tried since.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

5 Queues so far;

1st Put me as a 7th player in a raid.
    2nd Zone Already Cleared
    3rd Zone Already Cleared
    4th Zone Already Cleared
    5th On Red team with 6 mages, Blue team already completed.

This is beyond a joke. How can something this broken even be released.
  10. Redlight Well-Known Member

One think worth mentioning after completing my one and only run through this and exiting I ended low on a few stats so just bringing that to your attention, lots of bugs as mentioned in this thread but once they are ironed out it will be an option for when i only have a limited time to play.
    Gnoma
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

It's a bit sad because these sound like the exact issues that were raised when they did that short lived new-BG beta that quietly disappeared a while back. They've just taken that same code with the same issues and put it live without fixing it.

Lots of fixes coming tomorrow... if it only takes a couple of days to fix these problems, why weren't they done prior to launch?
  12. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I feel really bad for all the paying customers. They completely abandoned the rework on BG's without saying a word and now it has come back to haunt us. I'm hoping for some karma.
    Ishtara likes this.
  13. Lurkerr New Member

Where are you seeing this list of fixes for tomorrow? Mind linking the thread please?
  14. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

The only place they post anything these days.

[IMG]
    Scrappyz likes this.
  15. Hash Member

I couldn't agree more. It should be painfully obvious that this content is severely borked! How any of these issue could have simply been overlooked is very hard to fathom. I feel like after weeks of looking forward to content that was somewhat like BGs/PvP (at least in its idea) that this is a far cry from being entertaining/challenging or even fun. It just confirms the gut wrenching feeing I've had that the days of PvP for EQ2 are never to return. Even if they fix these PGs it still doesn't hold a candle to true interactive PvP. Oh well, another one bites the dust?
  16. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the point of it was so that the uber t4 raid guilds don't completely and total destory anyone even thinking about doing these. you know hte people who are at the caps in live an everything, so that if you even cut it down to a 3rd of what it is on live, they are STILL max capped on everything. getting rid of your blue stats was to make it so it doesn't matter one iota what your gear is, it's how well you can play and adapt to the situations.
  17. Kristabella Well-Known Member

THIS about sums it up.

Until this can be fixed it needs to be stopped completely and tested before restarting it. Why keep causing more and more grief amongst members.
    Iglu likes this.
  18. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Every single content patch so far has have issues. I'm not sure why the playerbase keeps getting upset when its always been a fact that the content will have issues for at least a few weeks, like always.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Bugs, yes. This is the first time, in a long time, that an added feature has been 75%+ broken on release.
  20. Kari Well-Known Member

Well I read all the warnings on this thread about solo queuing, and I joined a group and we queued as a group. The run went well and I was looking forward to analyzing my parse data to see where I can focus on improving dps, but it turns out that my parser and my logs only recorded healing information and all the dps info is missing.

Is there a special trick to finding dps data in our logs? It records normally on the normal server but is totally missing from my battleground log.