Proving Grounds first impressions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kielex, May 9, 2017.

1. Vokan Well-Known Member

I couldnt see any damage, and from what I understand, I wasnt supposed to. Its extremely frustrating when it feels like you are sntading there doing nothing. I dont think heals were working either
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Oh, heals are working... my max average heal was a whooping 13k.. they are just totally insufficent compared to the incoming damage.. which we can't see actual numbers for...
    But when all group stuff is rolling, including extras and emergencies and health is still ticking DOWN instead of up, it's a pretty clear indicator that incoming damage is far exceeding incoming heals.
  3. RescueMe Member

From today's patch notes:
    Most percentage based heals now scale with level, and in some cases have been reduced in overall healing amount.

Welcome to what Shaman have had to deal with this entire expansion.

In all seriousness though...sounds like a knee-jerk tuning issue that they over compensated on.

Also, could be since stats are out the window there, druid heals no longer are all Complete Heals. And, since it's been so long since your heals haven't been Complete Heals, no one understood that they were really underpowered all this time anyways.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

None of the warden heals are pecentage based.. outside of proving grounds.. and shaman are in a waaaaay better spot then healers without wards this expac.. as their wards get bigger with cb, pot and ab mod and non-wards are capped in effectiveness by the target's health.

Sooo... by your statement.. I should be able to face-roll heal proving grounds.....?
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah the % based heals are more tank focused. On bruiser, lost 20% on my self heal

no he means druids suck at healing but we didn't know that till BG :D
    Revanu, DoomDrake and Shmogre like this.
  6. Bishka New Member

Every time that I enter a solo queu, the zone is finished and there is time remaining on the clock. This is a bug.
  7. Gaptia Active Member

This is garbage.
    I have no casting speed, no stat. As an illusionnist with T3 raid gear I can't dps at all. My templar can't heal.
    We have to play back in 2005 with so long casting speed and like having spell in apprentice I.
    That plus the bugging queue system. I stayed half an hour on an already finish instance. So I can validate the familiar quest, but no coin (of course the zone was already finished for the team I rejoigned).
    If you joign an empty/broken zone you have a timer preventing you to join an other bg.
    You spend hours on this. So bad, a rum cellar zone would have been much more desired.
    You have obligated me to play each days for 6 months for the ******* ascension xp limit, you'll not see me in the broken bg.
  8. Justaplayer Member

I'm pretty sure there is an exploit too. Looking at the leaderboard finishing in 10 min, when intended completion time was 30-60 min. And the servers weren't even up for that long to learn the strats and optimal group makeup to make the dungeon that fast.
  9. Ezoo Member

Appears that Solo was not tested. It sends me into a group, and an instance that
    seems to be completed.
  10. Crastinal Active Member

I tried this with a couple alts. First on a lvl 97 guardian that somehow could join for some reason. I thought it was like agnostics but nope... 5 minutes in, alt+Z and /df doesn't work, had to close the game.
    The second time a lvl 100 brigand and it was so... slow.... over 20 minutes in and the group was still tripping roots. Tried to leave again, no way out, left the body lying in Tunaria until tomorrow morning when I will check in to tradeskill. Will I be able to restore my characters? The suspense is killing me. /s
  11. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

not an exploit so much as a complete lack of class balance. Grab a few conjurors, you'll be done in a few minutes. If you end up with a group of rogues/tanks/healers, it could take an hour.

I was kinda excited about the race concept, but it's not much of a race under the present conditions.
  12. Rotchi Active Member

Did anyone really expected this to be polished and tested before release?

Nothing that SOE/DBG have released have ever been polished... wait for the patches as usual, we have been customers to this company for so long we know what to expect. Maybe the matchmaking bugs that have been in the bg's since release will finally get fixed??
  13. Iglu Active Member

Went and had a look, stats got squished and when I came back out they didn't quite return to normal. Chat filters broken and voice chat as well. What an exciting experience, not sure I will go back.
  14. VGScastaway Member

Glad they pushed off class balance in lieu of releasing this trash.
    Now that the orange rune has dropped sin further into the dps sewer compared to already op classes, I'm sure I'll be able to get a group for this (bs) bis gear really easily... Might be ok, since the thought of running the same stupid zone a hundred zillion times (with no autos that's been pointed out; really a treat) isn't appealing, and since I'm not going to be doing my raid any favors anyway - what is the actual f***ing point of this game for me?

Now, instead of even attempting any kind of class balance from now until the new xpac (which I'm not buying until I hear from reputable sins they actually did fix anything), they're going to be chasing a never ending stream of bugs in BG - like they didn't learn their lesson the last time they tried this crap and it broke things in live game.

Stupidest release yet. Well done.
  15. Fleurs Active Member

I'm not saying that shaman are in a bad spot, but as soon as you enter expert raid (like Crypt of dalnir, for the one i tried), we have 75% of the damage going right through our ward, so, no matter our wards protect for 200 million HP (which can easily be the case with that orange rune) or 50 million HP, our ward never deplete, because they block so little damage. I have not seen a ward break because of damage instead of duration since a looong time.

To heal reliably, we have to stack over 4-6 differente ward, so that big hit is decreased by -25% and -25% and -25% and -25% so that the tank isn't oneshot. If that happen on a DPS, then we have 2 group ward (regular + Shackles/Aegis), so oneshot are still frequent even in heroic expert (1st named of Shrouded templed) And since the damage is split between different wards, they are even less likely to break.

So, while shaman are still in the best position to heal, we begin to lose player in expert due to mechanic, and not due to our lack of skill, so all 3 archetype (four with channeler) are still frustrated by this. And our heal are already capped in a way, since it is useless to have wards over 40 million (mine are 2-4 time that minimum) exept on very very few boss. (like order and chaos, which make me do 13-15m HPS)

Well shaman are still better than other, but we are frustrated like you (at least i am) with that imbalance. I don't like shaman being *required*, and i don't like being unable to keep people alive even when i have half a billion wards on them remaining.
    -Soteria- and captainbeatty451 like this.
  16. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Similar experience for me as for others: went in solo, got put into an already in progress fight/match. No threat meter, no damage showing, self heals were essentially not there, damage was odd and unreliable.

Timer rendered in the middle of my maintained spells and couldn't be clicked on or moved (even F10 didn't show it as a window), which meant I wasn't able to leave the zone. Went through a bunch of folks coming in, trying to kill a bug, and leaving again; eventually, in the middle of trying to kill a bug, there was a fanfare and a message that the fight was over and blue team won (blue did it in 07:36, red showed about 44:something). Didn't recognize any of the names on the list, so I'm guessing it only registered the first folks in.

Got punted out automatically (which was a bummer, since I was trying to read the screen) and my chat settings were all messed up (looks like everything was checked in my "Main Chat" tab and unchecked in the other tabs) and some maintained spells were canceled (shrine buffs were the ones I noticed first). On the plus side, even though it was an odd disaster, it counted towards the familiar quest so I got the reward.

Not sure I'm going to go back in though... :(
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

Yeah but how do shamans in BG ?
  18. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

To hell this, to hell cross server garbage, stupid BG technology. I do not care much about combat stats, though it's definitely annoying and brings only frustration.
    But the biggest problem is being zoned into BG servers with all the bugs and issues they have.
    Just make it a regular zone on OUR servers. Just a six-men zone. Add a lader-board if you care...because I'm sure not a single player wants to compete with other group in the zone and wait till the other group finishes the instance. Noone cares about winning against another team, all we want are tokens.
    Earar likes this.
  19. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Just tried to give it another go. First time I was placed in the raid and got 5 min debuff after leaving, the second time I ended in a cleared zone and was kicked out because "the number of players exceeds....." Got another 5 min debuff.

To sum it up-to hell those Proving Grounds.

And speaking about technology. Why can't you do crosserver stuff without making a copy of our toon and placing on BG servers? Why other games do not require it?
  20. Iglu Active Member

Since when does Solo mean group, serious DB do any of you play this game.