Proper guild halls

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Surgeon, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Surgeon Active Member

We're currently able to buy houses, prestige homes and pretend they're guild halls.

However proper guild halls would be welcome, because right now it's a pain in the *** to manage access to guild house for large guilds.

I do mind paying 10€ for a prestige home, however I'm willing to do so for the guild. However the functionality is in already, why not use it?
    I'm however not paying 50€ to fully decorate the guild house with stashes.
    It's a subscription required server already and the functionality is already in.
    It's bad enough we don't get guild banks until DoF expansion.

The guild hall issue needs a solution.

What could it look like?
    Guild halls without most of the amenities.

But with bank, depots, mender.
    So people still need to go out to the city to travel and broker and sell.
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

GH are coming with later expensions
  3. OldRodKS Member

I think they've said in the past that Guild Halls will never come to TLE servers.
    Bekkr likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Don't hold your breath. Fallen Gate is in Destiny of Velious and still has no guildhalls.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

Once a dev said his biggest mistake was to make guild halls .. because it emptied cities.

so it must be a deliberate choice.

Good thing with TLE is you can choose to upgrade your game. If they choose to, they can add/remove stuffs or balance classes .. too bad they don't seem to do it enough. Especially AAs ..
  6. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

You know, you don't even really have to use one House for the entire guild. Before Guild Halls, Portent Alliance and True North and so on had several houses with amenities for use by all guild members, that I can remember. Back when Antonia Bayle had an actual community, instead of being the shamble-house it is now.

No reason people's guilds can't make coordinated efforts to status/gold farm and do the same here, really.
  7. Surgeon Active Member

Yes yes let's forget "guild halls" as you know them. Earar they are not coming. As Sig said, because so far there is no solution to the guild hall problem.
    "Guild halls" is not what I'm asking for.
    I'm asking for not having to micromanage house access for guild members and not having to spend 50€ on depots, which I won't.

I'm asking for a defused, improved version of guild halls.
    The things that keep people from going out to the cities should remain outside of guild halls.

But the things like a tactician, a bank, depots and tradeskill npcs should be in.
    There has to be some kind of reward for leveling guilds.
    There has to be some kind of upside for being in a guild apart from the social and help side.

Well Kurei, good for you.
    It's not about aesthetics or roleplay.
    Micromanaging access for coming and going guild members is painful and annoying, also not foolproof.
    You have to set everyone as friend, we're currently at over 100 names. There are even larger guilds.
    I can think of better things to do than going down a list and writing down each name to set access, then double checking the permission list if members are missing from the guild list vs the permission list to remove people who left.
    Unnecessary management overhead.

A guild "hall" where people can gather for raids,
    refresh ammos, food, pots, etc, get buffs and buy sigils/signets, access the guild bank
    OldRodKS likes this.
  8. Frid Member

I hope they never get introduced. Guild halls killed the sense of community in cities.
  9. OldRodKS Member

How about the ability to add anyone with your guild tag as a trustee automatically?

Like you can list people individually or you can check a box that says "All Guild Members".

That would help immensely in setting permissions.
    Rosyposy and Ragna like this.
  10. Surgeon Active Member

It's less work just doing a filter if TLE server those amenities are not available, aka they don't even show up for purchase. And only few should even be purchasable. As a result upkeep should be reduced.
    Developing a new UI element for houses imho is a larger effort than just writing a filter.

Frid, did you even bother to read the thread or did you just decide to derp all over it without reading any of it?
    And if you did, how in the world can this be an adequate response?
  11. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Aside from the depots, the bank, mender, broker, and status merchants tend to be situated all right next to each other anyway. If your good aligned, you already have a de facto guild hall- North Qeynos. If you're not going to put in all of the other garbage as well, there's no point in bothering with guild halls.
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I love guild halls - I like playing with others, but not wading through crowds in cities! I'm having fun with a great guild on Kaladim, but I don't like the decision not to have guild halls... I don't like it at all!
    Soara2, Breanna and Armageddoux like this.
  13. Venser Active Member

What dont you like about it
  14. Cviidar New Member

Base on what I've heard so far there are no plans to add guild halls to the TLE servers but I completely understand why people would like to see them. To me, there are three major advantages to having a guild hall.

1) A completely neutral location where the entire guild can meet without having to worry about sneaking past wandering guards.

2) Depots for sharing items with the rest of guild while not taking up guild bank space. Not just harvesting depots (which along with the guild harvesters is HUGE for a crafter trying to level up) but also depots for Legend and Lore items and collection items.

3) They function as a major travel hub. I know how we're supposed to be experiencing how big the world is again but running through Nek Forest to get to the dock gets pretty old, fast. Qeynos/Halas has an advantage right now as the run through TS is much shorter. The advantage will shift back to Freeport/Neriak once KOS comes out as the spire is not that far from the Commonlands dock.

There's ways around each of those items but they do tend to be clunkier.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

No. Guildhalls will never come because Kander doesn't like them. Same with chronomages, and lots of other things that were put into game at a later point but don't fit the "tle experience".

To counter the "tle experience" we tried explaining that things like familiars, pay to win expansion collector's edition packs, lack of veteran rewards, etc also don't fit the "tle experience". You get the idea, but it fell on deaf ears.

Plus it dips into depot, and training dummy pay to win money.

Oh, but you can also totally buy the highhold (?)guildhall on the marketplace, then receive no refunds/guild hall.

Enjoy.

Edit: Also another reason is maybe something I discovered on stormhold. The level 100+ banner's totally worked on the server, they gave me insane amounts of stats. It felt like no one tested them/realized they were in game. So maybe that's the reason and they decided to just not include them on Fallen Gate to avoid the recoding of it all? Unsure. Either way. It's been said several times that they aren't coming, despite significant feedback of the players on Fallen Gate voicing that they wanted the guild halls.
    Soara2 and Sigrdrifa like this.
  16. Surgeon Active Member

I think they see their cash shop works with being lazy so they're not doing anything.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

ZOMG, the world is coming to an end, because I TOTALLY agree with Adoninilol here.
    Soara2, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Surgeon Active Member

All the things you mentioned can be solved with a filter.
  19. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Try doing it more, your view of norrath will become realistic.
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Bekkr Well-Known Member

These two sentences are hilariously contradictory.