pronouncation

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-therodge, Aug 23, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Coccinea_Maga Guest

I've always pronouced Vhalen as Vā - lin, like the Minbari leader in Babylon 5.

I know, I know ... I'm a nerd :smileysad:
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Well then, I hope this teaches you a lesson that you guys need to get involved in the game a bit more. ;)

(Oh the irony of that statement.)
  3. ARCHIVED-EtoilePirate Guest

My boyfriend and I first "met" through an online forum in 1997. By the time we met in real life in 2003 the damage was done, hehe. We're as likely as not to refer to each other by online aliases as by real names, when we're talking to each other. Actually it took me over a year of being together to change his number in my cell phone to his real name.
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

The character Vhalen in EQ1 was rumored to be named after Van Halen (and he was for a bard quest), so I always pronounced it V'Hay-len
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah, he is, but I don't pronounce his name that way.

BTW: Cut back on the caffiene, will ya? 14110 posts????
  6. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

That was my thinking too, Calthine. Now, I think it's more like what Coccinea said. I guess the only difference between the two that the "H" is silent, so I'm ok with that. ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Pucswift Guest

You should try going a day without speaking to them =P

That would be funny lol

Only rules.. No verbal words.. write or type =P

Message Edited by 3TAN on 09-15-2006 12:15 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-ReneeM69 Guest

Yeah i'm with the whole Van Halen thing myself. As soon as i discoved it in EQ2 I said someone's a Van Halen fan. hehe

on another subject I saw a message about the pronouncation of SOW and how it should be said. Since it's not Spirt of the female pig it shouldn't be pronounced as such. therefore it should be pronounced so (as in so what). Are you asking for a female pig or do you want to run faster? see what i mean?