Progression server

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Kazooooooooooo, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

I haven't been around in ages on the forums or the game so I'm just curious if any of the Dev's have had a stance on a progression server as of late?
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

The search button has always been there....when you use it you will find your answer...which is NO.
  3. Ilovecows Active Member

No, the devs would rather see pvp in this game die than possibly split up the population on the few servers that still have players. If those servers go the way of Nagafen, they can't keep juicing the game for money.
  4. Exur Well-Known Member

I don't care for that bug infested "original game" code... A new server with expansion level zones locked. No transfers allow until all expansions have been "unlocked". Unlocking can occur after a defined amount of time or player achievements. THIS is what people want. New EQ1 progression servers are not releasing project 1999. I need a better excuse from SoE development, cause that one isn't what anyone wants anyway. What we want is much easier and much cooler then what they think. Needing original code?? ... who are these people. Do work
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Exur, let's face it, there's no one left to do any work. Heck, this game has been on life support for several years while its devs worked on other projects (Free Realms for over a year, The Agency, Landmark and EQNext, etc.) even before 31 more people were just let go this month. Now even the blue servers are going to languish like Nagafen has been doing for years.
  6. Exur Well-Known Member

oh... I'm not delusional, I know what reality is. I was merely commenting on the "reason" development said it couldn't be done in the past. A Progression server is not the original game needing the original code. It's the current game with expansions locked, including all the AA, exp, gear, content and story that goes with an expansion. It will never happen due to staffing at this point, but if it ever was considered... it would be a PvE server. So we move on and we mourn yet another desired feature this game could have had.