Progression Server Assassin Equipment

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Haun, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Haun New Member

Quick question on Shattered Lands equipment choices for an assassin, on progression Kaladim.There seems to be two schools of thought on stat priority. Some sin's are going after ability mod gear, regardless of offensive skill. While others value dps, haste, crit, potency, multiattack and offense. When evaluating best in slot for tier 5 equipment on shattered lands content what should one look for to maximize raid dps? If possible please give me some examples. Thanks fellow Sin's.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can test it using ACT and going and finding mobs that respawn quickly that you can kill without too much trouble. Fight stuff with one gear configuration for a while, then swap gear to a new config and test that.

Crit and Potency affect everything, including your combat arts, and I personally would weight those heaviest. Ability Mod also affects everything, and it caps at half the amount of your biggest hit: I would weight it after Crit and Potency. The reason is that in my testing, I get a lot more DPS out of Crit (up to cap) and Potency than I do AB Mod.

DPS, Haste, and Multiattack affect your autoattacks, so I'd weigh them lower.

You really don't care so much about a single piece of gear, though, as much as you do about your overall stats. You have to weigh your other stuff in the mix a little. I recommend looking yourself up on DragonsArmory.com before you go adventuring or raiding or shopping on the broker for gear so you know what stats overall need boosts.

If you have several items in your possession already, put them on one by one, then /camp to yourself, and reload DragonsArmory to see how it affected your stats overall. Rinse and repeat for the other options.
    Hiza likes this.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Crit gives a multiplier to auto attack as well as your combat arts, focus on that. Try and prioritize crit, potency, and haste as you can get lots of dps mod from group buffs like dirge, coercer, and zerker/inquis. MA comes from villainy, if it's the same as FG. If you aren't getting that setup the class has a 0% chance of being of any value anyway.