Program Crashes After Character Selection Screen

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Mystria, Sep 23, 2014.

1. LordTiras Well-Known Member

For a fix, no unless the possibilities I mentioned above work. Your best bet for now is to collect information from dxdiag, and copy all of the files that end with .log from your entire eq2 directory (do this by searching in the eq2 directory for *.log, and copy all that it finds to a compressed folder on your desktop). Support may need this from you to figure out what is happening.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

Considering the changes to the EQ2 game client yesterday, it's possible that there is a correlation, or it could be complete coincidence. I don't have anything to add except opening a ticket at http://help.soe.com/
  3. Thimdirran Active Member

Add me to the list of can't get into the game. Not even to character select. I had this problem back on the 16th and used the suggestion to delete everquest2.exe eq2.ini eq2_default.ini and eq2_recent.ini which worked all the way through until today. The numbers after my dirextx9renderdevice.cpp error are
    15524):
    01437.dbb
    I'm running Windows 7 and using GTX 295s. Incidentally, a few days after the quick fix above I downloaded Landmark which also did a DirectX installation and that runs fine still. I played EQ2 every day since the quick fix in case that wasn't made clear.
  4. LordTiras Well-Known Member

Have you tried that same fix again to see if it works temporarily again?
  5. Thimdirran Active Member

I did. I also tried the change resolution trick and just now (by which I mean over an hour ago at this point) uninstalled/reinstalled.
  6. Ishtannia Member

STILL cant play eq2 and im paying for it. I am getting very angry. I have tried EVERYTHING. Not cool. I hate that patch and wish it was never done.
  7. Ishtannia Member

We all need to buy new video cards now because of this. Not very happy. I've played this game since it came out and now I cant...I checked the new minimum requirements and all of us that posted on here have to buy new video cards or this game will NOT run since that patch. =(
  8. LordTiras Well-Known Member

9. Ishtannia Member

YES
    NO
    1. eHow
    2. Hobbies, Games & Toys
    3. Video, Computer & Internet Games
    4. Online Games
    5. Sony Everquest Requirements
    Sony Everquest Requirements

By Jess Kroll, eHow Contributor

Originally released in 1999, EverQuest was one of the early successes in the massively multiplayer[IMG] online role playing game genre. To accommodate as many players as possible the game runs on lower technical requirements than most games at the time, a model that has become the standard practice of MMORPGs. With EverQuest 2, released in 2004, the requirements were raised, but the minimum to run the game remained simple.
    Other People Are Reading

1. EverQuest Minimum Requirements
      • Windows 98/2000/ME/XP (or Vista/7)
        Pentium III or Athlon equivalent, 400Mhz or better
        256MB RAM
        Direct X 9 compatible video card with 32MB memory (Nvidia GeForce 256+, ATI Radeon 7500 or better)
        DirectX 8.0 compatible sound card
        450MB+ free[IMG] disk space
        4x speed CD or DVD-ROM
      EverQuest Recommended Requirements
        Pentium 4 or Athlon equivalent, 2Ghz
        512MB RAM
        Direct X 9 compatible video card with 32MB memory (Nvidia GeForce 3+, ATI Radeon 8500 or better)
        DirectX 8.0 compatible sound card
        1.5GB+ free disk space
        16x speed CD or DVD-ROM
      • Sponsored Links
      EverQuest 2 Minimum Requirements
        Pentium III or Athlon equivalent, 1Ghz
        512MB RAM
        DirectX 9 compatible Video Card with Pixel and Vertex shaders and 64 MB of texture memory (Nvidia GeForce3, ATI Radeon 8500 or better)
        DirectSound compatible sound card
        6GB+ free disk space
        16x CD or DVD-ROM
      EverQuest 2 Recommended Requirements
      • Windows XP (or Vista/7)
        Pentium 4 or Athlon XP, 2Ghz
        1GB RAM
        DirectX 9 compatible video card with Pixel and Vertex shaders and 128 MB of texture memory or better
        DirectSound compatible sound card
        6BG+ free disk space
        16x CD or DVD-ROM
    Sponsored Links

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/list_7160321_sony-everquest-requirements.html
  10. LordTiras Well-Known Member

Heh OK, for starters that's on eHow, and is just culled from the official site, AND they are out of date. Nonetheless, this line is the minimum required video:
    "DirectX 9 compatible Video Card with Pixel and Vertex shaders and 64 MB of texture memory (Nvidia GeForce3, ATI Radeon 8500 or better)"
    The GeForce3 came out in 2001. It's a 13 year old card. I promise you that a GTX 295 exceeds that. It also exceeds both the official recommended (512MB/GT 880 or higher) and the "DirectX 9 compatible video card with Pixel and Vertex shaders and 128 MB of texture memory or better" listed on eHow.
    So either way, no matter which set of requirements you use, your card is FAR ahead of them. So what here implies that you need to buy a new card?
  11. Ishtannia Member

The game itself got messed up during that patch im thinking. Ill try tech support again, but as every hour goes by i am getting more and more frustrated. I've literally tried everything including new drivers, new direct x, etc etc etc etc. nothing is working =(
  12. Ishtannia Member

I have a GTX 200. It worked fine before this patch and I have dirext X 11 on my system.
  13. Ishtannia Member

I can play every video game out there on my computer except for everquest 2, the one I want to play. =(
  14. LordTiras Well-Known Member

It's quite possible that the game has a new bug, in fact that's the most likely issue here. I have a vague suspicion that part of the update added new fields to the Options wherever they are stored, and in some cases these settings are being created with bad values, causing the game to be unable to load. Without knowing the technical details of the changes, though, I can't really say either way if that's the issue.
    It's unfortunate that tech support has not responded to you. This seems like there's a technical glitch that came with the update that affected a small number of people in similar ways. Granted, there have been other updates that have done the exact same thing, but in those cases also it was, in the end, some for of issue with the update or the updated code.

And the GTX 200 came out in 2008 and also far exceed the requirements, so you're okay on that aspect.
    Ishtannia likes this.
  15. Ludichris1 New Member

I am also running 2x GeForce GTX 285 , version 340.52. I also am unable to log and play.
  16. osiruse New Member

same thing as me and all I got was the same old whats your dxdiag and msinfo then they want me to redo the bluescreen error nd give code im like wtf its not my machine its your game
  17. LordTiras Well-Known Member

You do realize that such information can be a "smoking gun" when finding issues? There is no magic crystal ball that someone can look into and say "Oh, of course! Without knowing anything about your system, I can definitely say that it's X issue and of course it's this line of code!". Chasing issues can be complicated, and while it probably is in the game code, without that information (or a system in the development team that sees the exact same issue), it'll never get fixed. That's just how it is in software debugging.
  18. Ishtannia Member

I'm going to cry. ran patch, got new direct x and still not working. tech support has no clue. i just cant play. LordTiras, help!! <3 I really am going to cry if i cant get on =(
  19. LordTiras Well-Known Member

So the next step seems to be collecting EQ logs and seeing if it's spitting anything out. Open Computer from the Start Menu, and open the drive EQ2 is on, and then open that folder. Once you have the EQ2 folder open, in the upper right, type "*.log" into the search box, and let it search. Copy all of those files into a compressed folder on your desktop. Once you have those collected, we can see if there's anything in there that helps.
  20. Igochan Active Member

No news about that? I'm really upset. Weekend and I can't play :'-(