Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gillymann, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mermut Well-Known Member

That does seem to be their MO for EQ2.. rather then invest it back into the game, spend it on new titles that don't appeal to the core EQ2 players.
    Mizgamer62, Rhodris and Gillymann like this.
  2. Relanah Active Member

One can only hope that this new title is EQ3...

If not then meh...
  3. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

If you chase away most of your core players, you only have to support the hardcore addic... err dedicated players who are left. The ones who are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on familiars and mercenaries and spell upgrades. And who are most likely to keep putting money into the game regardless if the game makes them mad or not.

If you have enough of those players still playing and paying, then you can afford to milk the cow without giving it much to eat
  4. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

The chances of eq3 are slim to none.

Also, a great number of the open positions posted on their website require console experience.
    Rhodris and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Relanah Active Member

I know... But I can dream right?

Technically, doesn't discount an EQ3. They could be trying to pull a FFXIV with multi-platform ;)

It's almost certainly not, but I live in hope of a good MMO to come by soon...
  6. Keedahm Member

EQOA 2 then?
  7. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Dunno.

I just see them stepping back from mmorpg's and shipping console boxes.

I mean, It doesnt seem there has been a lot of activity around supporting and developing their pc games and mmos since CN took over.

All wild conjecture - only they know what their plans are.
    Mizgamer62 and Rhodris like this.
  8. Korucuu Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure about that! (yes total sarcasm for those without a clue)
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

10. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Instead of pushing out yearly expansions, take a 1 year break and fix your game.

Improve performance. fix spells and fix combat in general. Balance classes. Remove and/or add new AAs. Make classes unique again. Do something about the stat inflation, without adding new ones while keeping old. Improve client and server stability. Think of new ways to create raid encounters so you dont wipe 6 minutes into an encounter for not doing the script 100% correct, panic scripts are horrible. Killing a raid for doing too much DPS also sucks. Make a cross server LFG tool, its sorely needed in 2018, especially with the low player count we got. Make Make old content relevant again while doing all the other stuff... I'm sure there is stuff here I forgot.

And the most important thing: Find a guy and put him in charge of the overall game philosophy so we dont constantly get system tacked upon systems. Who ever is in charge now, if there is one person calling the shot, is doing a horrible job and has been doing a horrible job for years.

Just as a side note: give us contested content. Its one of the things that made EQ2 stand out. Both raid encounters and heroic zones are amazing fun on TLE.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

It's gonna be a mobile game, I'm calling it now.
  12. luxxxaeterna Member

I am voting for a new tamagotchi game.Can I grow a Ratonga or a little Iksar please?
    Snikkety likes this.
  13. Castegyre Well-Known Member

With one or two good cross-platform titles to its name CN might be lucky enough to sell DBG to EA.

Isn't it odd how that seems like it might be an improvement?
  14. Rubick Well-Known Member

Having the same expansion out for 2 years I think would just bury this game unless they released several adventure pack type deals with additional content to keep raiders interested.
    Drona and The_Real_Wurm like this.
  15. Fistpower Well-Known Member

So you rather play a broken unbalanced game as long as you get new pixels. Okay. Good on you.
  16. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

It won't just be the raiders who get bored... and I hope to god we get something other than "expert" zones added to the game this year.
    Rhodris likes this.
  17. Conifur Well-Known Member

You go back into all the zones that are not being used because very few people actually level that way and increase everything to include the quest for level 110 characters. Don't make new quest, just use the old ones and up them and change the reward. Start with Commonlands and Antonica and call it "Everquest 2 Uprising" - have it so the Orc and Gnolls are trying to invade Freeport and Qeynos. Charge $15 for it and call it a adventure pack. Then work your way out to the other zones as the Gnolls and Orcs expand. Or start someplace else and work towards Freeport and Qeynos. Heck, make all of Velious level 110. Up all the dungeons and raids. There is a ton of old stuff no one uses they could make "new" without a ton of work, then they cold do some of the harder stuff over a longer time. There are a lot of ways to skin a kerra, they just need to decide if they want the game to die a slow miserable death or if they want to try to make it last.
    Kawoosh and Prissetta like this.
  18. Meneltel Well-Known Member

How about making the game show some of the lore changes also? Have Neriak showing the strains of our gods dying and the stress it is causing on the Teir'dal society. Have the Queen trying to take advantage of that to become the goddess she thinks she is? Or at least claim that mantle more. Even if it is just in the NPC's conversations, shouldn't be that hard to do and yet would show a more up to date feel for the city and background.
  19. Castegyre Well-Known Member

They've long since screwed themselves. If they don't put out an expansion on a regular basis the players will get bored and discouraged and the company won't get its money. Maybe, if they did a lot of PR and communicated the situation clearly and fully to the player base then they could get away with it in that regard. The company is still going to want its money, though.
  20. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

The "model" (and I think she might take it as a compliment, she is definitely a pretty lady) is our current Producer.

Lauren “Mooncast” McLemore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.