Producer's Letter: Summer 2021 Edition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Accendo Guest

With Summer halfway over, it's time to check in with our Head of Studio, Jenn Chan.

[IMG]

To the soldiers of Love, Honor, and Valor of the Celestial Watch and the esteemed scholars of the Academy of Arcane Science (and for those of you that fall in-between on the spectrum), JChan sends hails and well wishes.

Let's start by announcing that our next game update is going to be called Toil and Trouble, and it will be available on August 10th, 2021! We plan to dive deeper into the content that's coming in a post scheduled for a later date so keep an eye out for that to land soon. In the meantime, know that no matter what your playstyle is: whether you like to tradeskill all day, run around and complete quests, or raid with your guildmates, there is something for everyone!

If you've been away for a while and are thinking about coming back, COME BACK! Why, you ask? Also starting on August 10th, 2021, and ending August 24th, 2021, we're offering a lot of extra bonuses for members. Log in with an All Access membership and get a level 120-character boost (one per account) that can be claimed (/claim) in game by any of your non-TLE characters. Plus, members in Reign of Shadows will have bonus loot satchels for most quests. What's in those satchels? Glad you asked! They will have anything from heroic to public quest loot in them which will be a paw-some way to get your characters quickly caught up for the new expansion.

Kaladim, on August 10, 2021, let's have a party! Destiny of Velious raid bosses and heroic end-zone bosses will reward double loot. This lasts until August 24, 2021, just before the additional Destiny of Velious content releases. On August 25, 2021, the Fortress of Drunder dungeons unlock including the memorable Palace of Sabaron.

[IMG]

This fall be on the lookout for Panda, Panda, Panda! The event, formerly known as Days of Summer, is returning, and you can look forward to updated quests and items. This is a great event if you’ve been away for a while and need a quick way to catch up or get a bit of a boost. Maybe your house is feeling a little stale and needs some redecorating? No matter what your need, our favorite ambling tradesbear has plenty of rewards to help you out. Yun Zi, The Great Traveler awaits!

Finally, what's a Producer's Letter without some sort of hint or tease about what's to come in the beyond times. The thing you're all probably wondering about is our major annual end-of-the-year event. Oh look! A dinosaur!

[IMG]

You'll soon be the Centaur of attention,
    Jenn Chan
    Head of Studio, Darkpaw Games

Mellody, Rienna, Jinksie and 11 others like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm on limited income, so that leaves me out. Just spent half my monthly income on dental surgery.

I really think some items should be given to f2p. It doesn't take much for me to be happy.
  3. Darwiin Active Member

@Geroblue Why would you even reply like that?

I am more worried about the name of the next GU. Toil and Trouble

With a name like that it mean our not so favorite Cow loving Dev is probably in charge of another silly Dungeon that I will only ever run once because the encounters are over complicated or plain silly.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

He loves Meatbeasts. There's a difference!
  5. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Few quick questions:
    1. If the expansion is a level increase, how will current tier heroic/PQ rewards help a toon get ready for the new expac?
    2. Why is there no mention of the loot crate concerns players have been concerned with? There's been zero official response other than Kander suggesting there "might" be some lesser versions of those items available in the future.
    3. Why are we seeing balance adjustments to classes with zero explanation? Balance adjustments are good...but communication is important or we do not know if they were implemented correctly.
    I know it's crazy to think I'll get a response on these questions but I'm running out of reasons to keep my friends engaged with the game.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Then you'll be glad to hear about the upcoming live events that are available to players, whether f2p or not. There's new content and new items with Tinkerfest (going on now!), Nights of the Dead, Heroes' Festival, and Frostfell!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Kattt Well-Known Member

Can you please clarify when the days of summer is going to start this year's/when active? I have heard different months/dates.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Peredhel Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up, Jenn and Kaitheel :)
  9. matsuo New Member

Playable Centaurs confirmed.
    Dambae Shadowfury likes this.
  10. Apkerian New Member

I stopped playing regularly about level 95. I did some solo stuff to level 100. I have looked at coming back however there
    seems to be no path in place to catch up or even comprehend all of the changes. Are there any plans to make the game
    more inviting to returning players or just jump into the windstorm and try to figure it out?
  11. Cylob Member

Days of Summer! Yay! Thought it was replaced by the coin event. Good to see it's return.
  12. Standard Member

With a best-in-game feature, such as a racial merc or something? That made quite a lot of money in RoS, maybe we can do it again in the next xpac?
  13. Standard Member

1. *crickets*
    2. *wind blows, bell chimes in the distance*
    3. *tumbleweed rolls by, a gate knocks in the breeze*
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

so are we still on luclin?
  15. Vishous Member

no love for Tarinax?
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I do spend money in the Marketplace. Sometimes too much. I responded like that because it affects my game play.
    Schmetterling, Breanna and Tkia like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I don't like shark meat, but a nice grilled shrimp on the bar-be-que could work.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Interesting. It's odd that the content comes out in 7 days but they will tell us at a later date what it is? Why not just tell us now since it's not that far away. Kind of an odd way to do it but whatever.

I would also like to know if we are still on Luclin. I hope not. It's time for something new. I really haven't liked all the times they reuse zones and really hate when the dungeons are just overland zones with boxed out areas like in BoL. I really miss the old real dungeons we have gotten in the past.

The level 120 boost will be good for some current players. It sounds like they are trying to say it's a way for new players to get into the game. The problem with a new player using the 120 boost is that they have no idea how to play. It just dumps them in game with hot bars filled with spells and skills with no direction.

For the extra loot you get from RoS quests. Is that just the sig line or would it include the dailies and other quests. That would be nice if it did. That way players that have completed the sig line would also get extra loot.

Will be good to see what is planned. Looking forward to the Panda stuff. Thanks for the update.
  19. Zartuim New Member

Silly question... What is a "non-TLE" character?

(Sorry, I am just coming back after 7+ years away)
  20. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Welcome Back!!! It's a Time Locked Expansion server. So as time goes on or certain event occur the game will unlock content based on the order it was unlocked by releases. When it started it was a fresh start for all players. As time goes on more content is unlocked. They are about to unlock the Destiny of Velious expansion content.

This link might be useful:

https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-kaladim-tle-server-faq-2019

So a non-TLE character is a normal character on a server that isn't TLE.
    Geroblue likes this.