Producer's Letter: Summer 2019 [Discussion]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Hail, almighty Norrathans!

Summer is upon us and we've got updates for you! We are all really excited for what's coming this year, including the 15th Anniversary of EverQuest II and our expansion. And we've got plenty coming up between now and then!

Legendary Ethereal Item Drops and New Expert Dungeons!

This summer, play in new Expert versions of the heroic dungeons in the Chaos Descending expansion for awesome lewtz! It’s a good idea to use this opportunity to get leveled up for...reasons…too!

Check out this Fabled item from an Expert dungeon:

[IMG]

You also may want to look for some best-in-slot items in the Chaos Descending Public Quests as of the June 18th Game Update too. Vagueness intended. Both the Chaos Descending Public Quests and Expert Dungeons begin June 18, 2019.

Here's a look at a couple of the tasty Ethereal armor items dropping this summer. Whoa.

[IMG]

Nagafen PVP Server Seasons

The first Nagafen PVP Server Season 1 will come to an end on June 18, 2019, with the Game Update and will kick off its Season 2 on July 16, 2019. The team will be making some changes and tweaks based on Season 1, so keep an eye out from posts from the team as we move along!

Let’s Celebrate Pride!

This year, you can get our Pride-themed bunny familiars from the in-game store for free from June 21, 2019, until July 31, 2019. As a studio, we support every gamer who contributes to our community. Show the love!

[IMG]

The Scorched Sky Celebration Heats Up!

For the second time, worshipers of Fennin Ro and his son, Solusek Ro, will be celebrating across Norrath with Scorched Sky celebrations! The celebrations begin June 26, 2019, and end July 8, 2019.

[IMG]

What's new with Scorched Sky this year?

The Ember merchants have 31 new items available, including a whole new building block set and an armor crate!
    New Quest: The Heat Is On offered by Limora Roamhill in Darklight Wood.

Returning Features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event.
    • Ro worshipers are found fire dancing, summoning fire elementals and praising Fennin and Solusek Ro.
    • Tempered by Flame - Players defeat fire elementals (level scaling) found in areas of the world where followers of Ro are located. Defeat fire elementals to earn Coin of Ember.
    • New "Corilac Gem Stones" event collection.
    • "Festive Fireworks" city quests.
    During this special celebration, the devotees of Flame are offering a chance for all to rejoice in the primal power of Fire and Flame, with no grudge towards those who have embraced other deities. They believe that within the flames all mettle is tempered, both literally and figuratively. That which is weak, distracting, and fleeting will be burned away in battles against fire elementals, leaving only the strong and resilient.

For a full breakdown of the event locations, merchant items, lore and more, see this post from the celebration’s introduction last year: https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-scorched-sky-celebration-june-2018.

Expansion Tidbits. Like, Itty Bitty Bits

It’s definitely a little early to be talking about the expansion, but we can tell you it’s a good idea to level up your characters over summer and fall with our leveling-up events!

Yep, we are doing a 10-level increase this year with our expansion. We also have some new features we're excited to talk about when we get into the nitty gritty of the expansion this fall, including the lore and location...and it's a familiar one if you know EQ.

Nope, no more on that. Guess all you like. You might get lucky.

EverQuest Anniversary Pack Countdown

Don't forget to get your hands on the EverQuest Anniversary Pack available on the store. It's got some goodies you might be interested in! The regular price is $34.99 (for a $60 value) but you can get it for $19.99 from now and throughout June. It's got a Flame-Branded Steed mount, Journeyman Boots of Adventure, a backpack, painting, mount Barding Slot unlocker, and more! To see all the details, go to: https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-year-of-everquest-pack-updated-2019.

[IMG]

Getting Together

We are still working on planning a fan event (now probably next year to give EverQuest and EverQuest II fans and guilds time to prepare and plan). We’ll have some questions to ask the community about who might be interested in joining us for a weekend fan event, focused on the them, with Q&As, roundtables, and activities for gamers and roleplayers. Fun stuff!

We’ll start rolling out some questions and possibly surveys as we move forward!

Sincerely, as always, friends,
    Holly “Windstalker” Longdale
    Soara2, Saw-Lau, Herne and 5 others like this.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

No panda quests? 90 resolve armor thats relic on top? no new runes?
    Soara2, Juraiya, Bella222 and 4 others like this.
  3. Lavanda New Member

4. Trasor Active Member

Are we to always expect a season model now for PvP? Can the team elaborate why they have shifted to this model, when it is different from other servers?

I know many former players had gripes with the fact that our characters were deleted so soon and there were externalities with only 3 months of server longevity. I realize that we do have a small player base, but have demonstrated time and time again (for better or worse) that we will come back with cash in our hands so any further clarity in those subsequent posts will be appreciated!

Thanks so much for giving it another shot!
    Ishtara, Soara2, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  5. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Curious about the expansion. I doubt it will be like this, but there was a sort "remember the good old days" thread on reddit and we ended up talking about how it would be cool for an expansion to sort of bring things down to earth, so to speak. Something along the lines of how Isle of Refuge returned, or Zek, The Scourge Wastes. An expansion that moved away from the godlike aspects and had us facing down more worldy threats. Encroaching armies, rise of the orcs, city plots, that sort of thing.
    Soara2, Juraiya, draidean and 6 others like this.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

According to the news article, discounted pricing ends July 1.
  7. Flatline Well-Known Member

So... lets address some of the elephants in the room :

• Status cost for alts, several MILLION per item - keeping in mind that leveling from 100-110 via POP gives approx 1.7Million
    • Heirloom of black adorns - i know a "raider" issue, but still why arent they heirloom to make it ALT friendly
    • The cost and restrictions of account to account transfer ...
    • The ethereal event logic, once again its a Daily allotment of currency, not a weekly this have been requested so many times.. then add PQ to the mix for coins and people are ripping their hearts out.
    • Masters being rare than rocking horse ... fuel .. this expansion
    • Orange adorns not giving account unlocks (Alt friendlyness and all) - might i add that the PoP implementation of Boxes with the adorns was PERFECTLY implemented!
    This is just me giving a few examples of things we as a player base would like see addressed in a producers letter, the game itself, the core of the game, not JUST (while intriguing dont get me wrong) vague hints at things to come with the next expansion/GU.
    While i havent seen the patch notes - which im sure is being prepared for tomorrow as i type, the fact that we so rarely address the bigger issues (without me even touching mechanics and class balance) is as a long time player of this game (since early access ,... dont think it gets much longer than that) is just frustrating to say the least.
    Sincerly
    A current Player
    Soara2, Hellfiren, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

Would have been cool to include some info for the Kaladim server.. maybe a release date for DoF?

:confused: TFW you server doesn't even get a mention in the "Summer Letter"
    Soara2 and Bekkr like this.
  9. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

No new adornments? 90 resolve on gear? Celestial spell books when we get 10 new levels in November?

Can someone explain to me the point at this point.

*edit*
    Ah items are being added in waves. Really hope wave 2 and wave 3 has a lot better items.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Grumpy1 Member

besides the occasional fluff stuff like the bunnys, the ethereal gear? just wow , just look at the gear it is ..... underwhelming is the best thing i can come up with . its barely an upgrade from the ethereal event last year. It's sposed to bring people back in the game. try harder , sowwy
    Soara2 and Pixistik like this.
  11. Flatline Well-Known Member

Its supposed to be something to keep people entertained over the summer, what it turned into is a grind fest trying to get all coins you can for those expensive items etc.

Its funny thjough
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Alexstrasza Active Member

Lets address how reading stuff is hard, the ethereal items level, they are base 90 resolve, I am sure they will be equal to or if not better than T4M, as they are usually best in slot, who cares about the relic tag, its Ethereal Relic Tag and not the same as normal relic tag, read the item description, try to read stuff thoroughly before coming here to complain about nonsense.
    kingmob23 and Breanna like this.
  13. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

14. semisus Does not play this game

How about reading they wont gain resolve by lvlin?
    Pixipuffle and Soara2 like this.
  15. Flatline Well-Known Member

Lets address the fact that Resolve dont level with planar levels then ? or do you have info we dont ? :)
    It might be that it WILL level when you hit max, or it might be like last year where it gets patched in later.. but for NOW ... if we base it on how it is NOW .. you cant say that :) not even close

And you can wear 2 of those items - ethereal relics - beyond what else you can wear, however there is only 1 of the items with Mitigation on it... so AGAIN as a tank i got to level items i wont wear to unlock things ...
    But lets see... it might get fixed
    Pixipuffle likes this.
  16. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

This expansion really is gonna take us to the moon and back.
  17. olleran Active Member

[QUOTE
    Lets address how reading stuff is hard, the ethereal items level, they are base 90 resolve, I am sure they will be equal to or if not better than T4M, as they are usually best in slot, who cares about the relic tag, its Ethereal Relic Tag and not the same as normal relic tag, read the item description, try to read stuff thoroughly before coming here to complain about nonsense.
    ][/QUOTE]

The Chest and Legs are actually Greater Relic
    Soara2 and enotirab like this.
  18. Flatline Well-Known Member

Oh and i missed this tidbit

You also may want to look for some best-in-slot items in the Chaos Descending Public Quests as of the June 18th Game Update too. Vagueness intended. Both the Chaos Descending Public Quests and Expert Dungeons begin June 18, 2019.

Thats just .. close to insulting, with the time zone and all ... i can make 2 PQ'es through a day, so EITHER
    1. I dont have dinner with my family
    2. I Stay up late to do a PQ event
    Really?
    Pixipuffle and Soara2 like this.
  19. Alexstrasza Active Member

There are fingerprints on my gold doubloons.
  20. Kardinal New Member

Sorry to be all positive, but THANK YOU for the update.:) Always great to hear about upcoming stuff, and it's a relief to know about - and plan for - the increase in levels.

Love the game, and always will. Some expacs are better than others, and I'm just hoping that the trend of making non-shaman relevant continues into the next (insert small plug for inquisitor boost here).

Can't wait for stuff to do in the game again. June 18 can't arrive quickly enough.
    Soara2, Mepps, Raff and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.