Producer's Letter: May/June News!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Windstalker, May 16, 2014.

1. Caith Developer

The quests rewards themselves are doubled, so if you are just looking at the chat logs you are only seeing the double from the member bonus.

We'll use the mission Pickclaw Incursion as an example.
    Normally Pickclaw Incursion grants 5 Etyma, which gets doubled for gold members.
    While the event is running, it grants 5 more Etyma, which also get doubled for gold members.
    You will see both of the base rewards in the quest reward window. So currently while the event is running when you complete Pickclaw Incursion it will display a base reward of 10 Etyma.

Since these are actually two separate rewards, when you get your gold member bonus it can display it as a bonus of 5 additional twice. However, since there is code that bundles multiples of identical rewards, it can also display it as a single larger reward, which then gets doubled once.

The display difference is due to how some of the quests are set up. If you see a particular quest that doesn't seem to be conforming to this, we can take at look at that quest in specific.
    Feara likes this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

This threw me off last night. I almost sent a bug report but decided I should make sure of the old base reward first(it had been a while since I'd done the crafter weekly lol).
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The crafting weekly currently grants 20 etyma, rather than the usual 10. I'm a bit crafted out atm from doing it 13 times, and yes, I received 40 etyma each time. I even checked my etyma balance before and after handing in the first one to verify that. I would assume other quests also work in the same manner.
    Finora likes this.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

Alright I'll watch the currency tab.
  5. Milliebii Well-Known Member

I think it is because the code that allows "double currency" would not only give you 4x Etyma but other currencies too.

By doubling the initial reward they do not have to tinker with that code.
    Finora likes this.
  6. floofloobunny Active Member

I would like to know the why about;
    changing the bunny mount animation?

why was this changed? This is a step back if you ask me. Plus it is pulling the texture on the leg in an ugly way now and I dont want to see the undertoes of my mount in my face for the whole jump either. Its un-cute. This is a SC item, so I think we deserve to know why this was changed. The original animation was much loved. Please revert it.
  7. Madae New Member

Yeah, but... what about plans to make (a option) Fae and Arasai walk/run on the ground? :)
  8. Vallaria Member

A thought just occurred to me. How will we be able to obtain the new house NPCs when they are complete.

Will they be in the SC store? Loyally merchant? Status city vendors? Will some be crafted?

Or will it be all of these?

My initial enthusiasm has turned to a lot of worry, especially if these NPCs are exclusive to one group or play-style.