Producer's Letter: May/June News!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Windstalker, May 16, 2014.

1. Chama Member

2. Chama Member

Cannot spot anyone getting bent out of shape over this.
    All replies are nice and friendly as far as i can say.

Maybe one is a bit impatient - so what.
    It's a good sign if ppl cannot wait for something to start.
    It means that this promotion was a good idea. :)
  3. Ratza Well-Known Member

I also agree that no one here seems bent out of shape over this but as a player I'll say I was disappointed that there wasn't better communication to say June 3rd instead of the claim "month of June" because last time I checked my calendar the month began on the 1st.
  4. Nelie Well-Known Member

Would be nice if they posted the same info on Facebook as they do on Twitter. I personally do not use Twitter but I am all over Facebook. Even here on forums when they have the information about it. Posting on 1 social site and leaving the other ones without the information is kind of messed up and poor communication on their part.

Btw everyone thinking really hard about the "month of June" part, it still doesn't really mean starting on the 1st of June. That is like saying I will wake up tomorrow. Will I wake up at 12am or will I wake up at 8 am? Doesn't matter, I am still up the next day anyways. Just like "month of June" means...well...June, it is not a direct time.
    Finora likes this.
  5. Windstalker Executive Producer

Luperza is good about re-sending anything I Tweet about. On the date being June 3, it's our bad. We had to update our Code for a couple of the benefits and they needed a couple of tweaks or it would have been available for the weekend. Given the minor delay, we are extending the promo to July 4 to include the American July 4 long weekend.
    Sambril, Finora, Jrel and 2 others like this.
  6. Flatline Well-Known Member

would be even better if it was on the forums ? mmm ? social media is the devil! :p
    Malleria likes this.
  7. Jrel Well-Known Member

Well we could post Tweets, about the game from SOE staff, on here immediately, but that would be like what all the other websites do... Oh wait... o_O
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  8. Arahad Member

Does anyone know if they plan to change the "in game" quest currency again with this new Expac, making Etyma's obsolete for the new tier?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

Just going to point out that you don't have to go anywhere else to follow EQ2 stuff on twitter. It's in the side panel of the main forums here for me. There's a dropdown menu. You can get the ones under Everquest 2, Holly Longdale and SOE help. Also a feed of EQ2 facebook posts.
  10. Nelie Well-Known Member

True, I have seen it before and keep forgetting about it. Need to start using it more. Thanks. However the official post was a reply on Twitter and dont think the side panel shows replys. There was no reply to the one on Facebook though. Only way I knew about Twitter was someone said it was on Twitter, and after digging more, found a link showing it was a reply to a post.
  11. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Well of course they will. How else will they make everyone start over and have to play the game, grinding out the new tokens for the new gear?
    Deveryn and Feldon like this.
  12. Reshi Member

Servers just came back up after the patch but the 25% xp thing is not showing when you mouse over the xp bar. Does it showing for anyone else?
  13. Deathstorm Member

Just now seeing the 25% xp bonus, but do not see the x4 Etyma yet. Maybe I'm missing where they are showing that.
  14. Windstalker Executive Producer

We verified that the XP, Etyma, and Heroic Character benefits are working. If you are having issues, please email me at hlongdale@soe.sony.com.
    Feara likes this.
  15. Regolas Well-Known Member

Will double check when I get home as it was early when I did this, but it seemed that the 4x etyma was only giving 3x on collection turn ins. I turned in all the fabled sky collections for the weapon, and was only seeing 2 lines of 3 extra etyma for being a member, so I was I think only getting 9 etyma (3 original, 2x3 bonus) per turn in.
  16. beagley Well-Known Member

Same here on the tradeskils daily.

I think the double-double 4X in the post is wrong and has set a false expectation. I think that the text is flawed rather than the maths.

If the base is 1, then to double the etymas you'd get 1 extra as a bonus to make 2. If you then doubled the bonus you got, you'd then get 1X2 extra, i.e. 2. In my non-quantum physics rulebook 1+(1X2)=3 so I can't quibble with the maths.

However I can quibble with the bold statement in the posts that we'd get 4X etyma rather than 3X.
    Regolas likes this.
  17. Regolas Well-Known Member

Agree with the quibbling. When you advertise 4x etyma, it should be 4 times.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

I got 4 for the dailies and 40 for the weekly. If you're only getting 3 and 30, you probably need to talk to customer support.

Note: The message says you get 2 and 20 extra, respectively, but if you check the quest, the base amount the quests give has been doubled.
  19. beagley Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll check tonight when I get chance to play again. I was going off the "you been awarded 2 bonus tokens as a member" message and missed they have doubled the base reward. Makes sense for them to do that as then there isn't any extra coding to do to give the non All-Access players their double up if its done in the base and the All Access code continues to do its doubling thing as before.

It only works though if you know or remember the base has been doubled from 1 to 2 in the first instance:)
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

Last night, I was getting Triple Etyma, not Quadruple Etyma.
    Wirewhisker likes this.