Producer's Letter: July/August News & Updates

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Windstalker, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

And oh yeah, I came back to this thread to post a small complaint: You have to have enough station cash in your account to cover the *regular* price of an item before you can buy it, even though you get 40% off (+ another 10% if you're gold) when you go to actually pay for it. Otherwise, it tells you that you don't have enough station cash, even if you have enough to cover the final, discounted price. Quite annoying, and not cool.
    Belenos, Rhodris and Feldon like this.
  2. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Hmm I've still managed to get transfers done in the past just by letting customer service handle it, I hope that's still the case. Although I don't have enough SC to transfer anyone atm anyway. :p Okay thanks!
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Best Buy has 1500 SC cards on sale for $10 each running July 2 - July 5 according to the EQ2 launcher. And transfer tokens (like practically the whole rest of the cash shop) are 40% off right now (with an extra 10% off if you're gold- not sure if that extra 10% off works with kronos golds though) until July 8. If you're going to do it and you can actually get customer service to override the "recurring credit card payment" requirement, then now's the time.... ;)
  4. suka Well-Known Member

hmm- strange that eq2 would behave differently from eq1 with this. i was able to buy a token on a silver eq1 account and it is sitting on my toon until i am ready to subscribe for a month to move her. there are a lot of safeguards in place to prevent characters from being stolen. you have to prove that you own both accounts. you don't get to move a character to an account you don't own.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Well, I have looked multiple times over the years on my own silver alt account because I have one 95 sage I'd love to get off there and onto my main gold account, but the transfer token option would never show up in the Services tab. It just wasn't there. And this was the answer I was given. And I'm not the only one to have complained about it in the past, although I can see both sides of this issue having friends in WoW who had their toons stolen.

But if the transfer tokens are there for silvers now, then why are you waiting until you subscribe for a month to move her? ;) So you can buy the token without being gold, but must be gold to actually use it? Isn't that the same thing as a gold sub restriction for transfer tokens then?

I am going to go look again right now and see if there is even a transfer token available for purchase on my silver account. I don't think I have enough SC in there to buy a transfer token right now anyway though, so I guess I'd have to put more SC in there to find out for sure.
  6. Tabri Well-Known Member

Im a krono all access member and I have the transfer tokens showing on the marketplace to purchase.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

Do you have enough SC on hand in that account to pay for it then? Does that make the difference?
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

I wonder, do you have the "Hide Unusable" at the bottom of the SC window un-checked? Maybe he has it checkmarked, so the transfer token is not showing for him because he can't use it unless he's a gold sub?
  9. Starrfeesh Member

I've transferred servers.. too many times to count, while subbed with krono. You have to go through customer support, who will remove the SC and temporarily activate the krono in the marketplace for you.

I'm looking forward to the duo, although the fact that it's nexus(-based) makes me die a little inside.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Okay, in my silver account, I can't see any transfer token available in the SC shop. So is this a bug, or how it's supposed to be these days?
  11. suka Well-Known Member

this was on eq1, not eq2. and yes you have to subscribe for a month to move her. actually you can move a week after you subscribe, however i have 5 games to buy in the next expansion so i won't be moving anyone soon. she can sit there for awhile. i seldom play eq1 anyhow- just when eq2 is down or if i need to make stuff for family members.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

it was in eq1. i was just wondering why they handled the transfers in eq2 differently. if it is ok to buy the token in eq1 it should be ok to buy it in eq2 as well. seems someone up there doesn't agree though.
  13. Aleksis Member

Sooo, new Loyality items??? Can we see this time the promised majestic pridewing on the loyality merchant or is the 300 million status pridewing the "promised" one that no one can really reach and buy?
    For me its all about the appearance and non of the really good stats from Alberich which i can never buy...

So please add the majestic pridewing (or its similar appearance) on the loyality merchant. It would be one of the maybe 5 "nice" items for the loyality tokens.
  14. Tabri Well-Known Member

I have also used the token to transfer servers twice as an all access krono member without contacting SOE for anything just buy the token and use it. Now if you want to move from one account to another you buy the token make sure its in your bags you then do have to contact SOE or put in a petition with the transfer information in it along with.
  15. Bekkr Well-Known Member

That's how rebate schemes work, yes.
  16. Rhyashaa Member

The person who mentioned hackers transferring toons and such was correct. After the huge hack incident that happened a few years ago they changed the rules about transfers. In order for transfers to show up on your account, you have to have a credit card on file with them for more than 7 days. It used to be 30 days. I'm not sure if they need to have charged that card to make sure it is valid though. That is how people who pay with Krono or SC Cards are able to see the tokens, there is a credit card on file in their account and they just pay the sub in advance before it is charged. If you absolutely refuse to keep your CC on file with them for whatever reason then all you have to do is contact support so they can verify you are the owner of the account and they can lift the restriction either temporarily or permanently. I had to do it one time with one of my other accounts. It isn't a big deal and doesn't take long.
  17. Rhyashaa Member

Had to laugh about this. "Scheme." It is just like going to the store and buying something with rebates. You realize that don't you? Big electronics store selling big name phone for "$99*!" (Small print) *after rebates. You have to pay the entire amount for big name phone then fill out the paperwork and wait 4 - 6 weeks for that rebate. At least in Everquest you get it right away without worrying about having to fill out and mail in the paperwork. In fact, that is how those big name companies "scheme." Most people forget or lose the paperwork and never mail it in. Profit for the company every single time. I'm sorry you don't have the SC to get the item but if you went to buy big name phone without all the money they wouldn't let you have it either.
    suka likes this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

ok. so that is why i can buy it. i buy stuff from sc on my silver accounts so i keep a credit card there. however you have to be gold for a week with a recurring sub to use it.
    Rhyashaa likes this.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

you know, i see a lot of posts in these forums where the people actually seem to forget that soe is first and foremost a business. not just a game. not a charity, but a legitimate business that does things pretty much the way most other businesses do.
    Rhodris and Rhyashaa like this.
  20. balzor Active Member

It blows my mind sometimes when people get outraged over having to pay to play this game. Pretty sure soe doesn't pay its staff in station cash lol.

Oh the mortgage? Can I toss you some everquest 2 station cash instead of real money? you see my employer can no longer pay me because everyone at their business expects every product for free.
    suka, Naudi, Avahlynn and 1 other person like this.