Producer's Letter: July/August News & Updates

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Windstalker, Jul 2, 2014.

1. suka Well-Known Member

kk where is that "holidays in July: sale??? why are we only being offered some prowler mounts that no one wants? is this really the "big sale"??? how disappointing. seems like someone is either speaking with a forked tongue or out of both sides of their mouth here.
  2. Meeba Member

"We’re going to run a “Holidays in July” sale from July 3-8 that will include all previous holiday items (Frostfell, Nights of the Dead, etc.). At the same time we will run a 40% off rebate for most items in the store."

I took this to mean that ALL the past holiday stuffs were getting added to the marketplace AND going on sale. But I have been checking since 9 am est and still no update to the marketplace. I too have been wanting the Fright Manor and possibly the Winter Retreat. What gives? *tries shoving her money through the monitor*
    Siren, Avahlynn, Dagger and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dagger New Member

I am still not seeing any sale or additional items on the marketplace either. A start and end time for events that don't kick-off at midnight would be useful to have. Hope it starts soon!
    Avahlynn and suka like this.
  4. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the 'sale' isnt turned on yet... possibly by noon Pacific time.
  5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I really hope so, or else we'd best learn that 'all' is the same as 'soon' (TM)...
  6. Loch Well-Known Member

Whoa there, buddy. Before we start slinging insults around, let's back up for a moment. Those prowler mounts and other cat related items have been on sale for a little while now. The sale hasn't kicked in yet for July.
    suka likes this.
  7. Kyssa New Member

If this holiday sale doesn't contain the prestige houses that come with the Nights of the Dead and Frostfell and Summer etc then I am not just going to be disappointed but am going to be completely gutted and livid. Surely they cannot tell us that ALL the previous festival items will be going on sale in the marketplace and then not do what they say? Surely they would not be so cruel /cry

As I am in the UK, I have been waiting since 6am this morning for the sale to start. It is 6.30pm now and still nothing - getting all wobbly and shaky now lol
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Probably adding a time to the announcement might not be a bad thing to do, that is, if anyone at SOE/PST is around the office as of yet. :p
  9. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

The news article states 12 noon Pacific, which is in approx. 35mins.
    Rhyashaa likes this.
  10. Kyssa New Member

So 8pm UK time :) I am so excited now it is ridiculous - I really need to get a life rofl
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

I do not see a time listed anywhere in the initial news post in this thread, copied here for reference: (So where are you seeing a time?)

Good day Norrathians!

We’re heading into summer and looking ahead to more entertaining updates and the expansion. Below I’m going to list the update plans like I did last month to keep you in the loop on what’s coming up!

For July, including this week:
    •Status Point Merchant Updates: New items added
    •Summer Ethereal weapons! And we’ll have Artifact versions of these too!
    •Aerakyn Lore & Legend Quest
    •Tinkerfest!
    •Ages End: The Final Chapter (a X2 instance)

And in August:
    •New Loyalty items
    •Nexus Duo Challenge instance. (Also SOE Live week!)
    •Moonlight Enchantments content additions
    •Status Point XP Bonus Days

We also have a few promotions, too. We’re going to run a “Holidays in July” sale from July 3-8 that will include all previous holiday items (Frostfell, Nights of the Dead, etc.). At the same time we will run a 40% off rebate for most items in the store. Heroic Characters will be excluded, but remain at 25% off for members. The ToV expansion will remain at 15% for everyone.

Come join us in Norrath this summer!

Sincerely, as always,

Holly "Windstalker" Longdale
    Sr. Producer
    EverQuest II
  12. Naudi Active Member

Look at my shrimp. My shrimp is amazing. Give it a lick...
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  13. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

https://www.everquest2.com/news/holidays-in-july-and-rebate-sales-2014
    'From July 3rd, 2014 at 12:00 PM PDT until July 8th, 2014 at 11:59 PM PDT'

From the EQ2 News Homepage... I'm sure Lupreza will transfer it to the announcements page at some point... I'm sure the day before a long US holiday weekend is a bit hectic but the information is there for those who search a little.

Also, just going based on history with EQ2 for a decade, these weekend sales and promotions usually start somewhere around noon Pacific.
  14. Healious Active Member

Off the Everquest2 website

From July 3rd, 2014 at 12:00 PM PDT until July 8th, 2014 at 11:59 PM PDT, all items except for Heroic Characters and Expansions will be available for a 40% rebate sale. This sale is available to all EverQuest II player (free and members). For those of you who are members, you’ll be provided an additional 10% rebate upon checkout!
  15. Kickya Active Member

Yehaww more things to spend status on , HOWABOUT adding more ways to gain status to accompany this ?

what with guild halls needing status I'm tapped out o status atm lol.

Something like ...

Solo quests in to nexus and higher , group quests weekly quests etc

and the status gained should be relative to if your FTP or subbed.

Potions that give xp etc should effect coin and status too imho.

And their could or SHOULD be another tree like the dragon tree added to the game this should be your heritage / legacy tree and is SHARED by all the toons on your account. Each toon you get to level 50 75 100 should add 5, 10 , 15 Points to spend in the tree. with the abilitied as you progress into the tree costing more to gain.

The numbers may need adjusting but the idea is sound.

Things I would put in this tree would be fairly minor but at the same time useful

10% Run speed , 10% flight speed , 5% in combat run speed
    10% CC , 5 %Flurry / Double cast
    5% Rare Harvest 5% Dura or prog

Stuff like this should be easy enough to set up I guess so howabout it devs ?
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

Since I got e-mailed about this, a correction here.

Characters are exported every time you Login or Logout, and are *usually* exported if you make a gear change which results in your character looking different (thus triggering a paperdoll export). So, you won't always export on a zone.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

ok giving the benefit of the doubt. but it is July 3, it is after 3 pm cst, and finally the holiday sale just kicked in. about time but still it is late on the third.
  18. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Why can't I see the transfer tokens on the market? My accounts are active with kronos.
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

Yes and no now with current itemization.

Now all jewellery is basically the same stats with different effects, all they really need to do is come up with some new effects. But unfortunately, it'll probably be a slightly poorer version of the x4 effects or Undercover Assault III (ie a slightly better heroic effect)
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

You have to be a recurring, paying gold subscriber with a valid credit card on file to use transfer tokens. Even just paying for a month with a SC card won't do it, let alone using plat to buy kronos. It has to do with account security and gold farmers/hackers formerly hacking player accounts, then stealing characters off those accounts and moving them to their accounts.

It's been that way for years in EQ2, and many other MMOs have had to set up similar limits. It used to be pretty common in the older days of MMOs for characters to get stolen whenever player accounts were hacked. I know several old WoW players who had it happen to them at various times.
    Feldon likes this.