Producer's Letter: July/August News & Updates

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Windstalker, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

2. GabenBison Active Member

Please don't tell me that the decade old storyline Ages End; which is the core of EQ2 lore, isn't going to end with an X2 out of all things... Since when has SoE shown actual care for X2's in the past 5 years? The only worthwhile one was ToFS and that's only because it was required to progress in the DoV X4's. Will this be another Wurmbone's End X2? Something nobody bothered to use because the loot table had no meaning and didn't fit anywhere?

No videogame development company would ever make such a decision so foolish....oh wait this SoE. Go figure.
  3. Sherbie New Member

I'm just happy we actually get notified in advance of the special events, i hate it when it gets sprung on us out of the blue o_O
  4. suka Well-Known Member

you can get boarfiend updates from runnyeye too
  5. suka Well-Known Member

guild status or guild xp? i really wish soe would have named them different names. the xp status never comes out of your pocket. it seems a lot of people are confused by this when really it is very simple. you just have to understand that the only status the guild actually gets is what you deposit into escrow- not the xp you are helping it earn. that is not status.
  6. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Yeah, but boarfiends L&L came into the game during the TSO expansion, so Runnyeye was "old" content. You'd think that the new L&L of the expansion would have some significant encounters in that expansion other than the overland ones and they were never part of anything heroic- or raid-related.
  7. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know they were in game in zones leading up to level 50, but with the introduction of the L&L in TSO, one would think that you'd see more boarfiends in the "new content" zones (heroic/raid) and not just in a few cave tunnels for a questline in the main overland zone. Once you did they questline and got your airship ride quest done, you never went back into the boarfiend caves.
  8. Kyssa New Member

I got really excited when I read about the July Holiday items etc, ie the Frostfell, Night of the Dead event items etc. As I have been waiting patiently for the opportunity of purchasing Fright Manor etc. However I am totally confused as, visiting the Marketplace I can find none of the items I was expecting to find there relating to this. I know I am not known for my Intelligence but I have no idea where to go to access the promised content. Can anyone help? Have I totally misunderstood (as usual). Would love some clarification as it is already July 3rd. Thanks in advance guys for any guidance you can give a complete and utter prune :)
    Rhodris likes this.
  9. Rhyashaa Member

Probably to cater to the people freaking out about the 300 million status Alberich the Wise mount that everyone must have *right* *now*.

They will probably have to take the servers down at 7 a.m. PST for an hour to get them up on the marketplace. So maybe expect to see them after 8 a.m. PST.
  10. Kyssa New Member

Thank you, that makes perfect sense. I forgot about the time difference :)
  11. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the nunchuks-for-brawlers update.

Also, any word on the addition of a way to see who is on in your guild in real-time through the use of API-interfacing websites like EQ2Links??
  12. Reshi Member

Lets juts hope the damn thing end even if its solo instance :p
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Ward of Elements was pretty sweet. But I'll agree that SOE has a history of hit-or-miss x2's. Kurn's Tower anyone? I really wish they'd plan an x2 for each expac and make sure the difficulty and loot fits in the right place based on existing x4 content. They basically have to create a pocket below x4 that the x2 will fill, and then throw some bonus stuff in the x2 to keep it relevant long after guilds are into the x4 stuff.
    Avirodar likes this.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

We've been tinkering with something like this. Characters are exported to Census every time they zone, so we can get a rough idea of the last time a character was online, but not necessarily that they are *currently* online.

I wish they'd give us access to in-game chat so we could do a full mobile chat/who's online app for cell phones. That would be a killer app. Maybe EQ2U is popular enough that we could just setup our own chat network.
    suka and Faelen like this.
  15. Dethdlr Active Member

I've actually had something working on my guild website for several months that is kinda close. It shows the last 20 people that logged in, zoned, or logged out. It's more a guild activity kinda thing. It's useful for my purposes but not sure how useful it would be for others which is why I haven't packaged it up like my server status widget.
  16. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Er.........the all holiday sale items sale seems to be only a few prowler cats and some mounts...

<.<
  17. GabenBison Active Member

Ward of Elements was the last really good one and should be used as an example on how to do an X2. Beginning with SF, it all just fell apart though.
    Feldon likes this.
  18. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I didn't mind the X2 Vigilant. Had some nice proc/clicky items in there, especially for healers. There was some decent right-side items for people who were not deep into X4 content, as opposed to WoE being more focused upon the armor slots.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

if you did that, maybe you could make it so that guilds could buy into a channel? that would be awesome provided it isn't too expensive. the one who would be paying is me and i am on a fixed income.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

yeah what a let down. no - not worth giving up the double xp for. the only thing i would have paid for would have been house items. I don't need nor want more mounts.
    Avahlynn likes this.