Producer's Letter: July/August News & Updates

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Windstalker, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Good day Norrathians!

We’re heading into summer and looking ahead to more entertaining updates and the expansion. Below I’m going to list the update plans like I did last month to keep you in the loop on what’s coming up!

For July, including this week:
    •Status Point Merchant Updates: New items added
    •Summer Ethereal weapons! And we’ll have Artifact versions of these too!
    •Aerakyn Lore & Legend Quest
    •Tinkerfest!
    •Ages End: The Final Chapter (a X2 instance)

And in August:
    •New Loyalty items
    •Nexus Duo Challenge instance. (Also SOE Live week!)
    •Moonlight Enchantments content additions
    •Status Point XP Bonus Days

We also have a few promotions, too. We’re going to run a “Holidays in July” sale from July 3-8 that will include all previous holiday items (Frostfell, Nights of the Dead, etc.). At the same time we will run a 40% off rebate for most items in the store. Heroic Characters will be excluded, but remain at 25% off for members. The ToV expansion will remain at 15% for everyone.

Come join us in Norrath this summer!

Sincerely, as always,

Holly "Windstalker" Longdale
    Sr. Producer
    EverQuest II
  2. Cheesenabber Active Member

I thought it was 25% off heroics for members?
  3. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Excited for the July additions... the August leave me underwhelmed but working on the expansion needs to happen.

Edit: I re-read the July updates and an x2 to finish off the Ages End chapter/prophecy?? Hmm, seems a bit odd but will wait for more details to comment further.
  4. Windstalker Executive Producer

Derp. Yep, it is. Edited the post.
  5. Hammdaddy Active Member

Will this x2 be difficult?
  6. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I really hope the end of such a stupendously long, drawn out saga, does not end in an X2..?

Thumbs up if it is just the first page in the final chapter, or something to that effect!
  7. Vallaria Member

Consider me cautiously excited about these two updates.

I'm super exited for the “Holidays in July” sale! It'd be great to get my paws on some NotD stuff that I missed, as well as other holiday items. :)

July and August sound great!
    Rhodris and Avahlynn like this.
  8. Qixil Active Member

Please open up the Vault of Serilis too.. it's been a long time :oops:
    Naudi and Siren like this.
  9. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I'll second this. Sale=good. New moonlight enchantment stuff=good.
    Rhodris likes this.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's been going for like a decade. How many pages do you need? ;)
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

Cannot agree with this more. It would be a spectacularly poor move to wrap up the entire lore structure the game has followed for years in a zone many will find inaccessible.

Also, nothing for heroic players, again. Tired of the same old zones!
  12. Deago Well-Known Member

Toss in a Moonlight mercenary or something....:D

Would make an easy healer type...lore wise I would think?
    Naudi likes this.
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

Any update on Dungeon Finder 2.0 status? I got the impression it was quite high on the priority list but it's gone silent again.
    Kraeref and Feldon like this.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

How did we go from No x2 zone on EQ2Insider last time, to now a x2 Zone this month?

Impressive turnaround, can we assume everything else you said no to for next month? :D
    Wirewhisker, Naudi and Feldon like this.
  15. Aneova Member

on the Aerakyn L&L... WHY NOT SOONER!!
  16. Ruckus Well-Known Member

That L&L should have been in game when ToV launched. By the time it finally gets into the game, we'll only be fighting Aerakyns for a few months before the next expansion comes out and I doubt if there will be Aerakyn in any of the zones in the new expansion.

Kind of like the boarfiend L&L that was new in the TSO expansion. The boarfiends were only really in the caves in Moors, and you didn't see one of them in a raid zone, and I'm pretty sure they were not in any of the instances.
  17. Nicolos Active Member

I thought the point going forward would be that all play styles could see the story. It would be a slap in the face to not allow the final chapter to be seen by those same players. I have a feeling I know this answer, but do you have plans to include the soloers into the finale with a solo version?
    Belenos, Rhodris and suka like this.
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

However, boarfiends were also in Runnyeye as an enslaved warboar and a savage warboar (plus the mob called a swine fiend in Nektropos Castle), preceding TSO by at least two expansions - they were first in the game somewhere between late KoS and early EoF. Viewed in that light, we are lucky that we are getting the Aerakyn L&L prior to the next expansion. o_O
    suka likes this.
  19. Nenn New Member

Wonder if it is possible to do something with guild status if guild is 95...like have it go into escrow or something. Also would be nice to have a loot pet!!! So don't have to stop....loot pet could loot!
    Siren, Feara, Sherbie and 1 other person like this.
  20. Maltaros Active Member

Does anybody else feel this is really lightweight (both the promised content and the effort it took to write it up)? Everytime I see one of these I feel like they are doing less and less every month. Really, status point bonus days? I suppose in September they will say one weekly event will be telling us "Happy Tuesday!!" It would probably technically count under their terms.