Producer's Letter: Expansion, Anniversary, and a new server!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

chattie, Siren, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  2. Vunder Well-Known Member

I am really excited for this xpac

However, unless there is a SERIOUS stat crunch to get stats back to a normal area i will stick with classic.

I really miss this game but I hate the slow progression server and I hate the crazy inflation of plat/grind fest and and stat inflation have ruined live for me.

I will hold out hope!!!! I really miss this game.
    Jaeded likes this.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Too some folks its worth it...I ain't one of those folks.
    Geroblue, chattie, Siren and 3 others like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

At last years prices, I could buy a PE and a CE for that price.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol a level 85 level boost that's so 5 or 6 years ago , didn't they say the cap will be 120 but heck don't rush it we get to 150 soon enough.
    Did I miss the house somewhere in that list ?
  6. EmJay Well-Known Member

I don't care how cute it is, please provide an option to be able to hide it. Thank you!
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

That option will definitely be provided.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

At that price you get everything in the CE & PE and you get the extra items as well.
  9. Twofeets Active Member

If we buy the pre-order do we get the pre-order buffs from CD? (Or is there any way to get them for those of us who were gone for the launch of CD?). That jump/fly buff looks amazing!
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

It is amazing at times, can get you killed right smartly too drifting where you don't belong.
    Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  11. Twofeets Active Member

That would be awesome, but unless they tie it to payment information, address, or a similar identifier I can see how it would be easily exploited.

HackerzXYZ "Yes, this is my main and these other 341 accounts on my family, I want to be able to 'trade' them heirloom items"...
    Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  12. variando41 New Member

I played eq2 2005-2010 then i left. Those five years was my best mmo experience and still is. I was very excited when i saw new live server whit sub. But if there is 90 boost option and p2w, no thanks hard pass on this...
    Cyrrena, Siren and Pixistik like this.
  13. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

They haven't released the FAQ for the server yet. Literally all we know is that it is going to be a live server that requires a sub, and that you can choose to start at level 90. Nothing else.

Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but we just don't know for sure yet.
  14. Elfrina Member

This game is more setup or raiding guilds. The drop rate for jewelry has be the poorest so far. Spells take too long to research and the master drop don't exist. Why scrolls ? Just drop books so we can have a better chance of moving forward in the game. I'm in a top raiding guild and still need to upgrade my 95 wrist (we raid 4 nights a week).... Need better drops in solo zones so players have a better chance to get in groups.
    Rosyposy and Korochun like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

It's all hush , hush , well for everybody's sake I hope this new server is much more than they let us know right now.
    Maybe we get a cow that gives us milk to make cheese with and a garden where we can grow materials .
  16. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

I agree, the game needs to be more casual players friendly in terms of gear. The difference between heroic and raid gear is too huge. Raiding is basically the only way to get a good gear.

Before experts and summer events it was 65-70 versus 110 resolve gear. 40-45 levels! It's way too much. Experts did a good job increasing the level to 95. It should allways be like this just 10-15 levels difference. Raiding should provide faster accese to a good gear and a few rare powerful items, but it should not be the only way to gear up relatively well.

And before someone says that one does not need a raid quality gear if he, or she does not raid; this statement is a complete false. It is impossible to enjoy the game in 65 resolve gear, it's not even possible, or very very hard, to do t2 heroics with the full group of 65 people.

If I were a developer I would do the following things (let's assume the best raid gear has 110 resolve,and obviously there should not be so many raid tiers. Just 3 is enough level 100, 105, 110):
    1) Heroics drop level 90 items with the chance to proc level 95.
    2) Heroic missions give some curency a non-raiders can accumulate and buy level 100 resolve gear (pretty much as etherial coins, but all year long),
    3) Heroic weekly mission gives one random level 105 item for your class.
  17. Alexstrasza Active Member

Why on earth should casual players need gear the same tier as raid gear? This makes no sense, casuals need to stop asking for everything to be given to them. If you want BiS gear then raid. The whole point of raiding is to get the BiS gear because you need it for RAIDING. Heroic gear is just fine for heroic zones, itemization should be tailored based on what content is being done. Casuals do not need raid gear plane and simple.
    chattie and Pantaro like this.
  18. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I cant argue with the way you feel about this, this kind of attitude is one of the reasons the population is where its at because apparently the devs feel the same and the game is designed as such.
    Higher populations mean more money for the game, lower ones do not.
    I suggest they keep heading down the path they are going and lets see how far we make it before the wheels fall off.

I will refrain from posting about how I really feel towards people like you and the folks who actually sign off on thinking this is good for the health of the game.
  19. Alexstrasza Active Member

No please tell me how you feel and why you think my 16 hours a week of raiding the hardest content in game warrants the rewards I get being handed out to casuals who don't do the same thing. This game is catered to casuals enough as it is already. Look at this game at its peak population days, Raid gear was 5000x better than anything you could get in heroics. Now its barely a difference. So stop giving me your sob story about how you think the dev's cater to raiders because they don't. The casual population outweighs the raiding population by a metric ton. You are completely delusional if you think otherwise.
    chattie and Pantaro like this.
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

I feel like you're entirely misunderstanding his point. There is basically no content that requires you to have raid gear outside of raids. In fact, even up until the highest tier of raids, expert gear is used. I still use expert gear and we're clearing Kael regularly. There is no reason to hand people 110 resolve gear when the stuff you're doing caps at 1900 resolve. So what's the purpose of you having 110 resolve gear outside of "I want it?" It's completely useless to you if you don't raid, so why?
    chattie likes this.