Producer's Letter: Expansion, Anniversary, and a new server!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Victisa Active Member

i am so excited about this xpack, i am so in on testing the beta, also have a question, will we get little bigger player made bags? 52 slots maybe? /wishful thinking
    Bishia, Cyrrena, Geroblue and 3 others like this.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Maybe its the bag sizes that are causing all the lag? :eek:
    I believe I queried them about this in the past and it resulted in a 'No".
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like those pre-order buffs, but it looks like they're giving us a familiar instead. Personally, I prefer the buffs; you can only use one familiar, and with the premium familiar from the last expansion, I just can't see myself needing any other familiars for anything other than appearance.

I'm wondering - if you buy the family pack with the tradable gift expansion, would the account getting that gift expansion also get the pre-order familiar? It would be nice if it did, but I can see how that might be hard for them to track.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. RorschactJR New Member

I miss those Luclin zones! Ah, the Qeynos to FP run... level 1 and naked. Camping KFC in S. Karana. Creating massive trains in BB. Good times! But then, I'd love to see all the old EQ zones reworked with updated graphics and the EQII Quest and TS ease. Perhaps that could be EQNext?

In the meantime, with the new expansion beta due for open in less than 3 weeks, I did not see when pre-order would be made available. It's not on the expansion list as of yet. Did I miss it in my excitement?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

very interesting, looking forward to this for sure
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Julesholland Active Member

I would like to second the notion of not having transfers on the new server, at least for the first 6 months to allow the server to be actually fresh before folk bring all sorts of plat via transfer on to the server
    Nele, Cyrrena, Snikkety and 5 others like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

how is this new server different from the " Island of Refuge " as in being a new server?I know this new server is back to none trad-able heirloom items plus level 90 bauble, but what makes it different ? it's still early here and I might just have missed why this new server should survive any better than IoR.
    Please I don't want to rain on everybody's parade but please somebody explain it to me .
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Ziabis Member

I am really happy for all of you that feel excited for this new expansion. But for me, not so much.
    For the past several years now, I never get regular groups any more and that leads to falling to the bottom
    of the pile and then it's impossible to get groups because of lack of gear.
    Question for the developers. Would it be possible to make EQ2 into a SOLO version where I could play just on my own on my PC. I have been playing this game now since day 1 and these past 5+ years have been extremely unlucky for me when it comes to finding or GETTING a group willing to lend a hand to me. In the past year, I think I might have got 8-10 groups in a year. So having a solo version of the game would be ok at least I could play with myself in a SOLO strength enabled game content. PLEASE PM ME??????????????
    Nele, Lateana, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need to join a good guild. You signature thing shows you are on Maj'Dul, the most populated server for adventurers. There should be plenty to choose from.
    Cyrrena, Snikkety and Breanna like this.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

What exactly is the purpose of a new Live server with no real changes to the current ones?

All it will do is split population more, without anything to really entice people back. Sure it may have a month or 2 of it's own economy, but Krono will quickly put an end to that I'm sure.

At least the Nostalgia card seems to be working again. Lets hope it works better this time than the last few.
    Cyrrena, Rhodris, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

They have the hardware left and want only menbership players there ;)

In some months they can merge all left servers to this
    Cyrrena, Schmetterling and Siren like this.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

It really means "once you gift thing X to someone (like the expansion), it's gone forever for every other character because it's locked to the character that claimed it." This pack just allows you to gift each thing to someone different if you want. Maybe if you team, the consumable shared XP pot will work for the whole team while it's active, but outside of that.....

And they never let people transfer to a new server right away; it would wreck the economy, unfortunately. Sometimes, once most people have leveled to the upper reaches of the game on a new server, they open up transfers. You will apparently be able to roll a free L90 coming out of the gate; that's the closest you will get to what you want at launch-- and even then, you'll still have to earn your plat (although it will be at a much higher rate than a level 1 will, of course). Those L90s are going to kill the economy quite fast enough, thank you! Plus steal all the world firsts as well, I'd wager to bet.....
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

How can u get excited ? Nothing in the letter is really amazing.

Most likely no new class spells, crap balance, more ascension spells, no more slots for new spells, no class consolidation with maybe some spells/ability merge.

And seeing how CD zones and quests were finished so fast and the signature line so empty .. few hopes for this one
    HWRauth and Rhodris like this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

They've put absolutely everything behind a sub paywall for so long now that this is the most viable explanation.

People in general do love that new server smell, though! They can try for their favorite character names and guild names again, and every tier is populated, in direct contrast to the F2P servers which are all top-heavy with capped characters.

And all expansion content being unlocked right up through Chaos Descending might be a boon to those returning players who've been away for years. It certainly streamlines things for them, besides giving them lots more people to team with on their way up.

If you think about it, a new server is the #1 way to entice back long-lost players. They've probably lost their names in mergers many times over, and they'll need help getting reaquainted with EQ2-- help that's much easier to get in chat when everybody else is doing the same quests and lowbie dungeons you are. :)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think I pass , I was really thinking about jumping onto that one but there are just to many questions about this unanswered
    we had a very good chance to do things different with " Fallen Gate " we got close to the top servers and the whole balloon
    problem with end game that began with Kunark Ascending " could have been changed .
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  16. Xevran Well-Known Member

As a long lost player myself, the ONLY way I'd have interest in this new server is if the pay to win mechanics aren't included on it. That's more or less why I played TLE until I got bored of four months of DoF. They used free to play as the excuse to add the pay to win mechanics in the first place so a sub only server shouldn't have them, right?
    Rhodris, Loghain and Siren like this.
  17. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I think they regret going f2p, so they do everything they can to get people back onto the sub model.
    Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  18. CSP84 Well-Known Member

I have the following questions.
    First will there be a live broadcast on November 5th ? This would in line with last expansions Beta opens after Live Broadcasts.

Second will there be Overland Zones (multiple) or is the content "instanced" like the last two expansions ?
    Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It's a full on playable dragon. It's really cool too -flying, attacking,casting, the whole deal.
    Griffon Lady, Prox, Siren and 7 others like this.
  20. Loghain New Member

^^ This
    The only way I would return is the subscription model and no pay to win mechanics. Especially spells and CAs that can be upgraded with cash... No research either please...
    Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.