Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julianxzz Member

Any chance to buy expansion with Steam wallet?
    pls pls~~~~
  2. Optimist Member

3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The Drakkin only exist in EQ1 due to the events of the timeline that only happened after the time split. Mayong Mistmoore ended up becoming a god, which ended up threatening the lands where of most of Norrath's dragons brood and hatch their young, so the dragons decided to create a race of humans infused with their own draconic traits to help protect them and reproduce more often to help keep things going.

EQ2 already has its own draconic humanoid race: The Aerykin, who are humans infused with draconic traits who found themselves freed from Kerafyrm's rule after we banished him into the center of Luclin when we undid Luclin's destruction with time magic.
    Smashey, Optimist and Breanna like this.
  4. LDEffectsMe Active Member

As someone who was just rocking a male Vah Shir on Mangler last year, I think the most important and defining trait of Kerran vs Vah Shir is that Kerran are lanky looking and Vah Shir are much more muscled, like a Barbarian vs. Human kind of deal.

I know you didn't imply this was the case, but I hope it's not just different fur patterns and they do look somewhat in the spirit of their EQ1 ancestors.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Ir1shguy New Member

New race needs a new class this many years into the game, a lot of us have at least 1 of everything already :)
    Breanna likes this.
  6. LDEffectsMe Active Member

Go to talk to EverQuest 1, which hasn't had a new Class since Gates of Discord in 2004, or a new Race since The Serpent's Spine in 2006. 16 and 14 years ago respectively. :eek:

Trust me when I say, EverQuest 2 is very fortunate to still be adding a new Race in 2020. The game is only 4.5 years younger than EQ1 and it's adding a new Race a decade longer than EQ1 did, and both still do annual expansions. Don't be surprised if there's never a new Class added again. A new Race is much easier to balance with racials than a new Class thrown into the mix, for any game.
  7. Ir1shguy New Member

They already added 2 classes and I dont play EQ1 so dont really care what they add or dont add to it. Anyway I wont be surprised if they dont I mean who would lol but if you never ask you will never get.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I think I said in a different thread these are not retextured Kerrans. They definitely have more bulk. They are lithe but more muscled. There is a definite silhouette change.
    Sionx, Breanna and LDEffectsMe like this.
  9. Revanu Well-Known Member

Will there be an option for race change granted to players upon their release or is that a “see marketplace request”
    Snikkety and Breanna like this.
  10. LDEffectsMe Active Member

Very nice. Now if you could green light making them available to play as soon as the expansion is pre-ordered, that would be love. :D
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It would be missing a financial opportunity if they gave us a free race change. Luckily, the potions aren't that expensive on the broker.
  12. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I have never gotten past the trial week on EQ1, so I don't know much of the Va Shir, but of what I have heard, they are the ancestors of the Kerra of Norrath, Wicked! I would like to unleash my Inner Vah Shir!

This may be wishful thinking, but it would also be wicked if there was a website that would let you load any character you have and show you what they would look like as a Vah Shir as well as to see the transitions from one race to another!
  13. Naramsin Well-Known Member

It was kinda a PITA in BoL to have to buy multiple different adornment recipes off 3 different vendors from 3 respective zones. I would prefer they keep it simple and consolidate all adornment recipes into one recipe book, consolidate all armor recipes into one recipe book, consolidate all furniture recipes into one recipe book, consolidate all Jewelry recipes into one recipe book, etc.
  14. Koroshiya New Member

Any chance of an engine upgrade/update coming anytime down the road?
  15. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

So you want to be able to achieve all your goals in one fell swoop, log out and log back in again next xpac when you'll have something to do again?
    This game is more about the journey than the destination.
    Blazen and Breanna like this.
  16. Melkior Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Click to cure can already use a potion. At least with a custom UI. I haven't used to default in ages so not sure about that.
  17. QToonz New Member

Um... just a revamped Kerran OR have I missed something?
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Nope, brand new models with new animations on two sets of combat.
    Alyndrys, Breanna and Bludd like this.
  19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

And a new ridiculous dance that only Vah Shir understand.
    Quillyne, Dude, Sionx and 6 others like this.
  20. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Can't wait ! I love the fae dance , little ballerina ! I am sure I will enjoy the Vah Shir dance even if it is ... ridiculous :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.