Producer's Letter Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Sky Shrine the best way to level from 95 to 100
    Katz likes this.
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

And therein lies part of the problem.

I wouldn't call it angst so much as well founded skepticism and legitimate concern.
  3. Kalmaraa Active Member

Okay here is a more detailed map of Kunark for those that need it.

[IMG]

The black lined areas are explorable zones we have already. The black star is where the Feild of Bone is located, where lore states the ruins of Kaesora are supposed to be. Other thenthe 3 islands over the contentent, the rest is Unexplored areas we currently have no access to.
    Belenos, Sejreia, GrunEQ and 5 others like this.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Clearly it is going to be an underwater expansion like many people have asked for over the years.
  5. Kalmaraa Active Member

I doubt it, the problem there is that not everyone can breath underwater like a Iksar and Froglocks without some item or spell. The item i a old lvl 20 one to that takes up a earring slot. I doubt anyone would want to lower there stats just for a zone that is underwater.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The new Dolphin mounts will provide water breathing.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Problem with the map you're using is that the blank area is a heavy mountainous region on our in-game map (The filler you see along the ends of your maps in the zones bordering it). As in, we'll never be able to physically walk on that place unless we're inside a cave or something.

So I guess we're getting another underground expansion. xD

As for the 'not everyone can breath underwater' thing, that didn't stop Rift from granting all players a lore-given buff allowing them eternal waterbreathing in the Plane of Water. xD
  8. Kalmaraa Active Member

The devs mentioned areas like Warsilk woods, which is not underground so where likely going to get more overland zones.

Well so far there has been no word on the buffs on the new mount just yet. Lets wait till there posted before jumping the gun there.
  9. Adevil Well-Known Member

The Fishbone Earring doesn't need to stay equipped. If you use it you get a water breathing buff that lasts for 12 hours.
    Spindle likes this.
  10. Jrel Well-Known Member

Clearly they were joking because everyone hated being underwater in EQ1. Being underwater in EQ2 is no fun in the park either.
  11. Tekka Well-Known Member

One overland zone and dungeons.
  12. Caith Developer

Manatees
  13. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Some of us enjoyed Kedge Keep & would love to see it return.
    knightowl, Dude and Castegyre like this.
  14. Castegyre Well-Known Member

Kedge was one of those places early on where I felt really tested.
    Livejazz likes this.
  15. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

You have the ABILITY to create one drink at a time, or walk instead of fly, use the old train of boats, avoid the guild flag etc..., if you so wish. Don't demand everyone do it your way just because you feel like making us all suffer. -.-
    Belenos, GrunEQ, Raff and 4 others like this.
  16. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Fishbone earring has a castable buff (don't need to keep it equipped) for underwater breathing that lasts 12 hours. IMHO, a good prelude to an underwater expansion would be a quest to upgrade that buff to a permanent one that includes underwater vision. (Of course, we could all start carrying stacks of otter/turtle totems... o.0)

[IMG]
  17. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Someone forgot to put white stitching on that! ;)
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  18. That guy. Well-Known Member

Or group with a priest class like a Fury, who has a group underwater and vision buff.

Edit: Also, manatees have been removed from the endangered list. Yay!
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

EQ2 underwater combat. /wrists
    Ridolain_Kirkwall likes this.
  20. Maldek Active Member

Fishbone earrings? Totem of the Otter, come on