Producer's Letter Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Kander Developer

Go look at the map of Kunark.
    Belenos, Armageddoux, Sydnye and 5 others like this.
  2. Breyl New Member

haha! oh thats nice to know :) I'm literally so close to coming back, been checking forums for like 3 months straight now :D but I just need some sort of pvp, any shape or form, for me to commit again.. its just how i am, so looking forward to this!
    HaphazardAllure and Ishtara like this.
  3. Kalmaraa Active Member

All I have to say about this is this.

This is proof that Iksar rule that is all.

As it's more Iksar love for all of us. Course it doesn't help that I do run the main Iksar RP guild on Anotnia Bayle for about 4 years now. So bring it on!
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  4. Kalmaraa Active Member

Almost forgot to ask but Kander I was wondering will there be a actual Kunark themed guild hall maybe? It would be nice as my guild is themed after the city of Kaesora and we do currently host one of the largest Librarys of both player made and Dev provided books on the AB server. Course your welcome to see for yourself as well.
    Belenos and HaphazardAllure like this.
  5. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

My Friends and I decided to go exploring after reading through these notes. We searched through Kylong and Jasarths Wastes at this point and we see the blank space on the top of the map, but we don't see anyway into that area as of yet or an NPC as a pre-event quest giver or such. We did notice that the Greenmist making reference to the iksar skeletons as the Overlord's Pawns. We noticed that Chardok was the realm of the Overlord, so we tried in there but found nothing. We will continue our search but only have found the PQ as a pre-lude.

Vasciagio Bladesong
    Maj'dul
    Belenos and chattie like this.
  6. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

A bit of confusion you can clear up with no trouble. ^_^ Are the different PQs the only prelude event, or is there something else too? (Some of us have been running around looking for some easter egg prelude thing due to what I think is a misunderstanding.)
    Also, are the amounts of time between PQs meant to be up to 3.5 hours apart for the Kylong and Jarsath wastes events?
    HaphazardAllure and Armageddoux like this.
  7. Ratitz Active Member

I wont get too much into it, because this is not the right place for this conversation, but just want to say two things really quickly:
    1. Loyalty tokens is definitely not what made kronos 200k+.

2. Stat crunch isn't really needed as long as the current content is balanced around those stats. It makes sense that older content is made easier/trivial because the newer content has better gear. That's the entire design of the itemization path they are following.
    Belenos, Armageddoux and Raff like this.
  8. Ratitz Active Member

[IMG]Wait.... that white thing at the bottom.....
    ANTARCTICA EXPANSION FOR THE WIN!!!
  9. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Penguin mobs!!! ANd belly sliding penguin mounts!!!

ANd a raid on Santa Glug's workshop to free all the enslaved gnomes!!!
  10. Jenest New Member

Iam wondering about the prelude quest also it's something I don't want to miss out on..also when are y'all going to release it on beta
  11. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

He's talking about the huge empty spot north of the Lake of Ill Omen netween Fens and JW. They did specifically mention Warslik's Woods.
    Belenos, Griffon Lady and Kander like this.
  12. Xavion Well-Known Member

please add spell depot filtering for classes i can't take 20 mins of scrolling through adept spells looking for my classes spells when there should have been a filter for class feature or even tradeskill class filter also
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

• Bring back Willow Wood! Sure.
    • Make tradeskills hard again. I remember the days of multi-tier combines to produce one item, its better that way. Please never do this. Those days were awful. The current system works well,
    • Kill off multi-quantity crafting. It should take me longer than 15 seconds to create 100 drinks.... Please never do this. I supply stuff for my guild. I don't want all of my downtime dedicated to crafting. THe current system works well.
    • During this Kunark expansion, will you be using the blank space on the map next to the river in Jarsath Wastes? Interesting question.
    • Make zone in's less "portal ish" DB and SoE got very lazy with Zone in's to instances and area's, everything is these stupid portals, why can't they be entrances in the zones that take more than 5 minutes of programming to do? Please spend a little time with this, it needs polishing. I'm intrigued. What do you suggest?
    • Make traveling more difficult. The easy portal access to every zone, shortcuts to zones has to go away, its suppose to be a challenge to get around, the world is large, use it. Please never do this. Getting around the world shouldn't be so challenging that I don't want to get around the world.
    • A "stats crunch" would be nice. Having characters with 8000% potency is beyond stupid in my opinion. /Agree.
    • Please de-value the currency. Please stop injecting millions of plat into the game via Loyalty tokens. Its ruining the economy on servers. Krono going for 300k is just stupid, it makes selling tradeskill items virtually pointless. I don't think the plat bags are the problem. They gave a way for those of us that didn't cheat to get even with those that profited from the cheaters.
    • Please actually "advertise" this game. The lack of users vs. what WoW has playing Legion makes me sick (I hate WoW btw). /Agree.
    • Please do a gear / item refresh to the tradeskill merchants in Mara, long over due. /Agree. I'd like to see new stuff on all the status based merchants.
  14. Tekka Well-Known Member

I did look at the map of Kunark and... that whole continent with its varied zones and dungeon after dungeon, quests and stories and Oh the Shinies! with the master collection.

The upcoming expansion, K2, Kunark Ascending... is the blip that's left over. I don't want to marginalize the work that has been or is being, done. It's just with so little information, and the very disappointing Prelude up to now with the PQ's, I have a difficult time envisioning how they're going to match that grandeur and sense of adventure (and yes, I know part of that is my nostalgia goggles).
  15. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Maybe I just haven't had sufficient coffee yet, but what does this actually mean?
    GrunEQ and Griffon Lady like this.
  16. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Exactly my point.

@ The look at the map statement Kander made alone, that unused chunk is nowhere near a potentially awesome overland zone. Not when original Kunark brought just about every imaginable climate together over a fairly expansive overland.

That's why I really can't get myself excited. We've already explored a vast rolling plains, a jungle, a mountain of ice, a mountain of fire, and a savannah on top of the sprawling underground, the various ruins, and an undersea city -- many of these revisted in Fableds already. What does Kunark have left to give us that we haven't seen, without adding onto the region in a drastic way a la a volcanic eruption creating a new landmass in a matter of months somehow?

People already griped about reused assets during any expansion where we dealt with the Ethenere. Any claim that we won't get reused Kunark assets seems suspect with so little information, and no idea how they'd explain an expansion to an already-large and varied continent.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. Anhari Active Member

Comon guys, how many zones did the original Kunark have? The Overthere, LoIO, Cab, Firiona Vie, Frontier Mts, Dreadlands, Kerns Castle, we could go on and on here. I for one would LOVe to have The Overthere, Warslik Woods, the mini doungens of Durga, etc back in all their glory. Lets goblin vs. Digger factions and Giants that actually have a fort to raid!

Don't get me wrong. I have only just started exploring Kunark, but didn't they combine a LOT of content into only two zones? Kylong Plains and Jarsith seem so very familiar on my first run through them that I started looking for the Dragoon Patrols, the Sarnak Knights and the Sabertooth Tigers! And where is the windmill?
    Belenos likes this.
  18. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Unfusing Zones that were initially fused for good reason and establishing "new ways to explore old ones" would literally be the definition of reused assets though.

Zones I can think of that were "fused" to a degree were the areas normally surrounding Cabilis in EQ1, because they were mostly smaller zones (WW, Karnor's, Kurn's and FoB are all present as part of Kylong Plains for example). Both Durga and Nurga are in different zones, one's a Raid and the other's Heroic if I'm remembering correctly.

Nothing from original EQ is actually non-present in our current EQ2 Kunark, you just need to know where to look and where to make the approrpiate lore connections. FV being essentially gone in EQ2 makes some sense, since it was an Elven/Human outpost in a land that is not exactly fond of outsider influence (most likely torn down by the Iksars).

Hence my earlier comment regarding Skyfire erupting. If we're going to be exploring NEW, UNUSED areas rather than re-used assets, revists to old dungeons but with new threats, and actually finding a reason to go back there without it being an Etherene-esque nostalgia romp, there needs to be some drastic change to the surrounding region that warrants it. But then you run into the same trap as Pokemon does when they introduce a new Type and re-type certain species into it -- How have we never noticed this area before?

What really boggles my mind is that Everquest's expansion is ALSO Kunark related, it appears. So now I am even more worried about "reused assets" than I was initially. Especially if they decide to share ideas between the two expansions.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

A lot of angst for something we don't know anything about.
    HaphazardAllure and Raff like this.
  20. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

We know that apparently, there won't be re-used assets.

And that Everquest is also doing a Kunark expansion.

Don't need to know much past this to be extremely, extremely skeptical.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.