Producer's Letter Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Felinae Member

I am excited to see this expansion, the Kunark of Everquest holds many memories along with fun and challenges.Glad to see those zones opened up. It was my favorite expansion back in the day.
    Febrith likes this.
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

Zone, an singular. Plural dungeons and features, though.

Kander did state that the prelude event is already in game, but no hints at what it might be.

Another poster speculated that it was Public Quests.
    Enkefalos likes this.
  3. Anhari Active Member

I doubt that it is the PQ's, but think that more than likely some other zone/event that hasn't been touted yet, just to tease us!
  4. Tekka Well-Known Member

You would think they'd at least point it out, if not hype it up, to get people... I donno, engaged and interested in the expansion.
    GrunEQ, Juraiya and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Kander Developer

Yes. The PQ's have the prelude events. There is more than one PQ.

Yes, 1 Overland zone. Its larger than Thalumbra. We are going to be making close to the usual amount of heroic and raid content, maybe a bit more, but this expansion we will be making more Solo and Advanced Solo dungeons as well. So expect 8 to 12 solo dungeons, all in the 4 or 5 themes we are using.
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information, Kander, much appreciated.

:)
    -Soteria- and Prissetta like this.
  7. Dabb Active Member

do we have an estimate date when the beta will start and how do we register for beta?
  8. Neiloch Well-Known Member

IF you talk to the PQ vendors a bit they give some flavor text to what is going on, not much though.
  9. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Hello Kander,
    when i first heard about Kunark being the next expansion i had mixed feelings about this. On one side i loved this expansion and had the best time back than.So i was very excited.
    On the other site Kunark is known for being a huge expansion in terms of overland zones and in contrary to this i heard your announcement that it would have 1 overland zone.
    I am a veteran with this game and have never been quick with criticism, however this time i feel i need to want to let you know my concerns.
    Since february (I believe) you and other devs said you didn't create any new content for ToT ( as in never seen/explored content) in order to create an "epic" expansion. Many of us swallowed the abysmal tiny ToT expansion in prospect to have a much bigger (in size) expansion.
    Now you are telling us it is the same ToV/ToT expansion type that we hoped we wouldn't have. Furthermore you are catering more and more content to the solo player and forget about High End Heroic player. I know many high end player i spoke with on Thurgadin are tired of Solo Festivals. They want long heroic questlines and content that requires a full group of 6 (no mercs), time and dedication to tackle.

This is just my thoughts.
  10. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Hello Neiloch,
    when speaking to the PQ vendors they only tell you about the Thalumbra x4 PQ. That is at least how i understand it.

I did the PQ in JW/Maidens Gulch.During that PQ you learn that someone resurrected the Iksar skeletons. While killing the 200 skeletons for the PQ there are Drolvarg Guards x2 Epics and 1 Drolvarg Warlock x4 epic spawning. I don't know if that is a hint.
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

Are you going to do something like make the store bought mercs actually worth the money spent to get them? Like maybe the tanks can hold aggro, the healers can heal and the DPS can well - DPS? Is that part of the expansion plan?
  12. Castegyre Well-Known Member

This seems like GM/Story Telling 101 to me. If your players can't follow your clues it's usually not their fault.
    GrunEQ and Tekka like this.
  13. Stimps Member

Epic 2.0?

What about epic 2.0?

Can we expect epic 2.0?

Or do I have to get that stupid op hammer?
  14. Breyl New Member

I seem to be the only one, who is excited about the prospect of pvp battleground :rolleyes:
    haven't played in so long, but that might just tip the scale if its decent
  15. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Starting to think the Devs don't know how continents work.

That, or Skyfire erupted so profusely it created a second landmass :/
  16. chattie Well-Known Member

If I may ask for an addition to the expansion it would be to add a tradeskill use for the harvestables that have stacked up in my house and guildhall from ToT. Progressing Shipwrecked would be an ideal way to do that, and the prefect reward would be a salvaging potion, as Quints are so needed and hard to salvage. A little boost to our salvaging would be perfect! Thanks!

Also if there are new harvestables in the next xpac please make them useful :D Thanks again.
    Ursa Minor and Prissetta like this.
  17. Ishtara Well-Known Member

I am really excited about it! Since you are just coming back you likely missed all the threads, but once Kander said they were working on it, we all put our pitchforks and torches away. ;)
  18. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Is there any kind of progression planned for tradeskills ?
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  19. Tekka Well-Known Member

I've not seen any information at all about tradeskills.
  20. Kander Developer

Yes. Domino is working on TS content.