Producer's Letter Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Mandoblast Active Member

So if there is no level cap increase, this will be the 3rd straight expansion at level 100. AoM increase from 95 to 100, ToT was locked at 100, and now it seems KA (??) will be at 100.

AoM also gave us the class prestige line so that expac we got level increase and AA tree. I am NOT counting the deity window in ToT as any sort of character progression because it was and remains very generic and not very helpful at all.

Now I do not know what "character progression" is planned, but I was really looking forward to old school grinding out levels for new content. #levelcapraise2016
    NrthnStar5, Juraiya and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. Castegyre Well-Known Member

Where or when can we expect to see some advertising beyond forum or social media posts for the expansion?
  3. Anzark Member

Inb4 new "character progression" is basically leveling up your artifact err i mean epic weapon...
  4. Jrel Well-Known Member

Will melee AA prestige conversions like MA to Potency, Haste to Potency, etc. be fixed to match those of the casters with Pot to Pot or Pot to CB conversions? Or will items with melee stats be raised to huge amounts to match the 400+ potency items?

Will the CB cap be unlocked since that is deadlocking casters with CB prestige conversions who have already ran into the CB cap wall months ago (and that was more than 4 months ago)?

Will the WDB cap be raised (since current WDB on items are trival numbers with the potency inflation) since it has been capped at 300?

Will melee autoattack be adjusted to allow CAs to be cast freely just like spellcasters can with their spells since spellcaster autoattacks do not interfere with their spellcasting?
  5. Anhari Active Member

6. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Could we have one triple up something or other just for variety sake ;) (jk)
  7. Jeeshman Member

My feedback: this sounds great so far. All-new zones that build off of Kunark sounds intriguing and honestly I'm happy keeping the level cap where it is, as long as there's something to progress with. I'm surprised, however, that they didn't increase the level cap because that strikes me as easier than trying to balance out a different form of progression.
  8. Kander Developer

There is no re-use.
  9. Kander Developer

Possibly. :)
    Belenos, Mystfit, Mizgamer62 and 3 others like this.
  10. Kander Developer

Nope.
  11. Kander Developer

Not this either. Its something different. Make sure you log into beta when it starts to check it out.
    Belenos, -Soteria-, Dabb and 5 others like this.
  12. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Thanx for the slashed price on ToT ... I'm not far into it, but I'm already liking it more than I did AoM, simply because there seems to be a lot more to do than just a sig line.

Thanx for the return to Kunark! I'm looking forward to Kaesora :)
  13. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

I loved Kunark when it came out so I'm excited to hear we are going back there but also that it's totally new content!
  14. RadarX Community Manager

As we get closer to launch there is absolutely an marketing plan which includes advertising. The best time to do this is when there is something to buy so as in prior years preorders will begin in the near future. .
    Belenos, Siren, -Soteria- and 3 others like this.
  15. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Will there be a discount on preorders?
    HaphazardAllure and Mizgamer62 like this.
  16. Ratitz Active Member

Speaking of which, is there a set date yet? (I don't know if this has been said already or not).
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. Ratitz Active Member

And also, kunark has been historically one of the largest expansions in terms of quests, zones, and raid content. Will this follow suit? What can we expect to see? I'm just worried about people doing all of it in 2 weeks. Hard stuff is fun!!
    I want to be impressed.
  18. Dockter Well-Known Member

Couple requests if I may:
    • Bring back Willow Wood!
    • Make tradeskills hard again. I remember the days of multi-tier combines to produce one item, its better that way.
    • Kill off multi-quantity crafting. It should take me longer than 15 seconds to create 100 drinks....
    • During this Kunark expansion, will you be using the blank space on the map next to the river in Jarsath Wastes?
    • Make zone in's less "portal ish" DB and SoE got very lazy with Zone in's to instances and area's, everything is these stupid portals, why can't they be entrances in the zones that take more than 5 minutes of programming to do? Please spend a little time with this, it needs polishing.
    • Make traveling more difficult. The easy portal access to every zone, shortcuts to zones has to go away, its suppose to be a challenge to get around, the world is large, use it.
    • A "stats crunch" would be nice. Having characters with 8000% potency is beyond stupid in my opinion.
    • Please de-value the currency. Please stop injecting millions of plat into the game via Loyalty tokens. Its ruining the economy on servers. Krono going for 300k is just stupid, it makes selling tradeskill items virtually pointless.
    • Please actually "advertise" this game. The lack of users vs. what WoW has playing Legion makes me sick (I hate WoW btw).
    • Please do a gear / item refresh to the tradeskill merchants in Mara, long over due.
    As a side note I moved all my characters over to the "Isle of Refuge" server. I hope eventually all the servers take this "free trade" approach.
    Ridolain_Kirkwall likes this.
  19. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I like that this game tries to address different play styles ! While I like to use as many ports as I can or use "multi- quantity" crafting so I have more time for questing or decorating you also have your option to refuse using ports, run around as much as you like or craft one item at a time :p
    Belenos, Sejreia, GrunEQ and 5 others like this.
  20. Enkefalos Member

Can't wait for the expansion, I hope we get more then one overland zone and I enjoy exploring EQ2's interpretations of EQ zones. And did I misunderstand Kander's post about the pre expansion event already happening ingame? Is it related to Public quests?