Producer's Letter: Darkness Dawns on July 30 [UPDATE - Launch Date July 23]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I guess no response about the long overdue, long promised KoS/Shadows AA tree revamp is not going to happen again.
  2. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure why the anger...however might I point out that the last 2 game updates with new x4 raiding content gave the community Deadcutters and Sirens Grotto raid zones that are in no way intended for "casual" raiders. In addition, in both cases only a few select high end raid guilds were selected to test them out in beta for everyone else they were closed and yet surprise bugs were allowed to follow through to live. The reason given was for secrecy purposes but with EQ2 no longer using an NDA during BETA'S I'm at a loss as to why the need anymore.

As for the proposed Arena of the Gods no one knows just yet how much easier if any they will be compared to contested Avatars, how much better the gear will be if any as well...one should at the very least withhold judgment until they hit Beta before coming down on them.

As for general x4 content the lack of new easy mode content for raiders not in high end in 2 consecutive raid content updates is an omission by error (which is bad) or by design (which is worse).
  3. ZUES Well-Known Member

We saw how well this worked with Silent City. The loot table and experience were never paid attention to. You have to give us a reason to do zones or else your efforts are in vein.
  4. Ridolain Active Member

Is there a tradeskill quest line after 40 like you get in New Halas or BBM? If there is do let me know, unless you see them differently.

And I enjoyed what Domino did. Yeah tradeskill AAs are fine and all, but I guess I enjoyed her talking to us and all. Each their own.
  5. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Domino was one of the most beloved devs for a reason shame some cant understand that.
    Alenna likes this.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Check out http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Timeline

At 40 you get TS quests in Lavastorm. At 50, go to Isle of Mara, and so on. If you mean, do they unlock an Advanced recipe vendor, then no.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Communication is nice and all, but it seems people are content ignoring the state of tradeskilling before the change in personnel, where things became so easy. The AA tab is something of a joke. You could take every skill and only lack 2-4% of a bonus on a few lesser skills. We may as well have gotten all those stats on some gear, instead of jamming up our adventure AA at the time. On top of that, the latest additions by the new personnel are treated like they were insignificant and didn't change anything.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I think part of that might be so many complaining about how hard the crafting quests in CS are and how often you die (OMG crafters should never be allowed to die!!). Challenge those players to do the Kunark crafting quests with a ground mount (not a leaper, not a glider, no flying allowed, a plain ordinary ground mount only) the way you had to when those quests were released, and then say if they're easier than CS or not. There was a reason you are given an emergency campfire (instant camp I think it is, I've never tried using it) when you got the For Profits quests.
    Ranga likes this.
  9. Ridolain Active Member

Didn't change much for my class and how I play. Like I said, how everyone sees them.

As for the tradeskill AA, I think it was more the mindset of how the game was created, saying people could be an adventurer OR a total crafter. And there are many on these forums that all they do is craft. So I can see how important communication and AAs are for them.

Guess my playstyle is just different than yours :)
  10. Cinnamon Active Member

I got to looking at the new newb armor and does anyone feel the Guardian and Paladin armor should of been switched around? Paladin should of had the white/gold colors since white normally represents good.