Producer's Letter: Class Changes on Beta

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Good day, Norrath!

This week, we are starting to beta test class changes for scouts, fighters, and summoners. We have wanted to tackle some high priority issues for these classes for a long time and we've been working on solutions. This includes improvements like increasing DPS for scouts and fighters, which goes along with a gear revamp for fighters’ defensive armor that makes playing the game more rewarding (i.e. using abilities will matter more). For summoners, we've addressed some lingering issues with pets and implemented a whole new pet AI, as well as the long-awaited summoner pet window that will display pet stats. We've invited some of our community experts and players to help us test on Beta for release as soon as we are all satisfied which will hopefully be in a larger update at the end of the month (more news on that really soon).

We are also focusing on and continuing to bring improvements to performance. We are aware of the lag concerns and are working hard to address them as quickly as we find them. We found some issues we patched out last week and we’re seeing improvements. Please continue to use /bug and /feedback if you are experiencing severe lag and aren't using a third-party UI mod (which do tend to bog down clients).

Last, but not least, we wish you the best of the silliest of high holidays with Bristlebane Day events. We will continue to bring you infamous holiday fun throughout the year and, as always, will continue to provide frequent updates and bug fixes.

Spring has sprung and we’re excited to be on this journey with you all! We appreciate you all and the support you've shown us.

More news to come!
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Should we be expecting any patch notes for the changes put on beta?
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Wait...do you mean it will actually stop snowing soon? (fingers crossed)
  4. Caith Developer

Eventually...
  5. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Just a quick comment.
    Assassins are clearly the top dps in the game right now. And it isn't really that close. I might be the closest person parsing to top assassins right now, and the best ones beat me by roughly 20%. Do they really need a dps increase?

Or is that a dps increase only after poisons are fixed?
  6. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Yeah I am hoping the 'poisons being fixed' is a given here. Otherwise Assassins need zero boosting. I'm assuming this is a part of adjusting passive vs. active DPS for scouts as well.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Mogrim like this.
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

What's the status on the remainder of the class updates - healers, etc. We had lots of feedback in those focus threads too!
  8. silamdarr Member

Are some of these (besides summonses) on beta already?
  9. Adegx Active Member

What? Does Soon(tm) belong to SoE and cant be used by daybreak?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Caith like this.
  10. Karsa Active Member

Well some us, cough cough, need more help than others... So we shall see..
    Tierisch and HaphazardAllure like this.
  11. Grif Member

sounds good but why stop there. how about a revamp to the goblin gambling game that only shoots out a winner every 5 years. make the stakes higher and ppl will play it. I could only imagine the crowds around it if it were higher stakes and faster payouts.....I now realize that I should win the award for most off topic post in a thread. yea fix the scouts...
    Wirewhisker, Losadunai and Tierisch like this.
  12. Faelfreeblood Active Member

There is a issue with npc's in the ground that only pop up like dragons teeth when you click on them, but its not really serious because you still can click them, and they do pop up to where they should be.

I love the event, my favorite thing is the bounce game, I love it!

Dont care for the race in enchanted lands though...dont mind it, but the bounce is the first mini game on any mmo I actully found fun beyound the reward it gives. I have otherwise always thought them bothersome.

I always liked the little piriate instance but wish it was repeatable for sure. Keep up the good work guys!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Ratafen New Member

Why do you have the beta server for this? Have you forgotten we have a TEST server? Beta is usually there to test stuff that will be in upcoming expansions.....right?
    Lateana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

I'm hesitant about these changes coming. On March 5th, Windstalker created a thread stating Server Performance issues were a high priority. It's getting close to a month and no one from the EQ2 team has posted any updates on this. Now you are planning to make the game more CA based for scouts / fighters. How are we going to do anything in 2-10sec delays and continue trying to time our auto attack. And how exactly are these changes going to be tested. Not to offend anyone, but people play these classes differently and to be honest, some don't have a clue to a classes full capability. Just throw random changes to CA's on beta and see how the forums handle it? There going to be discussions class by class? More detailed information would be appreciated once it becomes available. Thanks
  15. Elinea Well-Known Member

People can't copy their existing characters to Test, that's why. I've played on test on and off for years. Haven't gotten any higher than level 41, and have maybe 25 plat to my name. I couldn't test these new changes with that.
    FriggaWitch and Finora like this.
  16. Laserbeak Member

are you on drugs friend? you base this opinion off one assassin from russia that was CLEARLY cheating? LOL... mogrim warlocks are CLEARLY the top dps. and we BOTH know this, Bar none...I mean this is what you do when you feel your e-peene in jeopardy I guess..? .. I cant believe you're even on here saying this.. but hey you got focused casting changed to the best super temp in the game, that is incredibly overpowered.. so I guess I can believe ive read this... SMH.. Bet lets be honest there are NO ASSASSINS WW beating mogrim/excellent warlocks ...given the cheater Cian4k from russian.. who's been suspended.. for cheating..so. yeah.
    Errrorr and Gillymann like this.
  17. Belenos Well-Known Member

Hmmm--sure wish I knew a bit more about what this really means--does it mean tanks will now be more squishy, and need to make up for that with abilities? Anyone know anything about this who could shed a bit more light on it?
  18. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

There are 7 scout classes in EQ2. 3 of them cannot use poisons. Please do not nix improvements for the other six classes just because one of them is top of the parse (where Assassins should be, really) and has access to poisons (which do need to be fixed, yes)
  19. Laserbeak Member

I mean I can link you to eq2flames parses... find assassin parse thread show me ONE assassin other than the cheating Russian who even looks like he's in the same EXPANSION as mogrim. I mean he is literally doubling assassins on most fights.. and I can bring in many many many top players to confirm this.. but go to flames.. and you tell me. But I do Agree all scouts need love.. not just assassins... and Beastlords can be good good dps.. Ive seen them in raid.. but its always the hate... and thier pet surviving.. that is the problem.. not the raw encdps #. imho.
  20. Silzin Active Member

If you are expecting ANY Constructive feedback for any, let alone all of the changes that will need tested, we need update notes day by day as things are changed. Please!