Producer's Letter: Carnage in Kael & more! [Discussion]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Somedude Active Member

Can someone please explain to me the idea behind this new event server and how that would be remotely appealing to play on?
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

What new event server?

I only ask because the original announcement is about the game's next expansion. I don't see anything about an event server, but I could have missed it.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

This text from the OP:
    The team is also planning to launch a new server for the anniversary which will have a unique rule-set. Hints? Start as a Heroic Character with all content unlocked up to the Chaos Descending expansion and live server (normal) experience rates!
    Cyrrena, Pixistik and Dude like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Thanks! I totally missed that part. :confused:
    Cyrrena, Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

What I don't understand, most of the issues on live and the TLE servers are not fixed do to limited "time and resources".

So how does adding another event server, that no one was asking for a good use of time or resources?
    Tkia, Rhodris, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  6. Mycelian New Member

I vote Seattle. Many people will need Windows 10, after Windows 7 expires next year. :cool:

Geographic center of the middle (north to south, not west to east) 48 States of the U.S., not "Lower." It's just "48 Contiguous States." Because too many people, who have no idea about U.S. geography, say "lower 48 States" when they really mean "48 contiguous States." There are no "lower 48 contiguous States." Sure Hawaii has an Interstate Highway, but that doesn't connect to the other 49 States.

The lower 48 contiguous States, are every State of the U.S., except Alaska and Maine.
    • Alaska - northern most U.S. State. 71°23'20"N 156°28'45"W
    • Alaska - western most U.S. State. 51°16'7"N 179°8'55"W
    • Alaska - eastern most U.S. State. 51°57'42"N 179°46'23"E
    • Hawaii - southern most U.S. State.
    • Maine, easternmost part, 44°49′N 66°57′W.
    The 48 contiguous States of the U.S. - every State except Alaska and Hawaii.

Lebanon, Kansas, geographic center of the 48 contiguous States of the U.S..
    [IMG]
    Belle Fourche, South Dakota - geographic center of the United States (50 States). Belle Fourche (Beautiful Fork) population 5000+. Hotel room about $150 a night. I have a friend from North Dakota, and whether it's North or South, don't hold a Fan Faire during the winter. Or fall, or spring.

Which makes 49 States, and a very odd looking flag.:rolleyes: I may have been first taught there were 48 States, but time and textbooks changed. It's 50, since 1959. Ya know, when the U.S. went from 48 States to 49 50 States.
    [IMG]
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Hawaii has, at least, four Interstate Highways. H1, H2, H3, and H201. All of those are on Oahu.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Corby023 New Member

I 2nd this opinion.

Kittybock likes this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If my relatives let me, I can drive to Austn, just take two days. Hmmm... may not be such a good idea after all, but I might be able to make it.
    Kittybock, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

It isn't, its a cash grab.
    Rhodris likes this.
  11. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Another event server? Have these devs looked at player numbers on the servers we already got? Can you stop splitting up the playerbase?

Its a MMO afterall and in a MMO you need other players to play with and engage in the world.
  12. Conifur Well-Known Member

I got married there.
    Cyrrena, Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  13. Jazie New Member

I suggest Denver, Colorado. Middle of the country, reasonably affordable, lots to do, great scenery and weather!
  14. semisus Does not play this game

Agreed , at this point in time you should consider mergers before more servers.
  15. Nicolos Active Member

I second Denver for sure. Plenty to do and not sweltering hot in the summer.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Vegas in June isn't that hot, at least they are not saying Phoenix, basically it hits 100 sometime around the end of February and stops hitting 100 around mid-November.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Mountain time zone, so it cannot be in the middle, unless its nowhere... :)
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I do believe you are talking about Yuma, Arizona. Southwest area of Arizona, on the Gila River. ( Hilah, as in the Gila monster. ) Hottest place in the US, and the earliest.
    Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

That is an AMAZING idea. Not for currently playing chars, but oh, how I loved rolling a char on Mistmoore in EQ to get to know the game a bit more. Starting at high level, with the possibility of doing current content right of the bat to get to know the game a bit more without struggling to catch on with your not-played-in-5-years-or-more char? It is very good. Temporary, but very good. And if you couple that with some promo to bring back old players, it could be very appealing to them.
    Cyrrena, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  20. Trynbuy Member

Seattle Washington would be the best please to have it
    THE EVERGREEN STATE
    Lumien likes this.