Producer's Letter: August 2015 Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

On the server consolidation, don't worry. We haven't written the process and we are investigating server populations. Part of this work will include determining if duplicate names of guilds and characters are going to exist and how many. We will continue our plans based on all the information we can gather that will make it as smooth and as simple as possible to move your characters and ALL YOUR STUFF.

Don't worry...we aren't going to ham-hand this...(I've always wanted to use that word...).
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

Thank you Holly. I know you will do your best to make sure it is as fair as possible.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Seefar like this.
  3. Strings Well-Known Member

I am very unclear about what the name plan is. Hopefully AB won't get "consolidated", but if it does, are we talking, like, I'll have to sign on before any other Lutestrings from other servers (Not sure there are any except for ME on Test), OR can I log in at the very moment the server opens and snag the name Gninja to troll him because I'm still a bit miffed at the guy?
  4. user99_ New Member

select count(*)
    from account a
    join account b
    on a.toonname = b.toonname
    and a.servername = AB
    and b.servername = Unrest

TA-DA Happy to moonlight for ya ;)

At the end of the day basically save all unique names, and let the rest fight over it.

Personally what about all of those people screaming I want it to be FIRST COME FIRST SERVE! oh yea those people aren't whinny ******* so they don't need fixed, I desperately want my name back that some noob stole and sits with a lvl 1 they never play.

Please give us new hardware and the .01% of the people that don't have a life and rush to get names on the server, let them be.

FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!
  5. Simparri Active Member

The most disgusting thing about this thread is Daybreaks diddling around and ignoring the players questions. It is a little after 12 noon in the corporate offices in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, they have had at Least 3 hours to go over the players questions here & are apparently blowing us off. Even a simple short comment stating that they are being misunderstood & will get back to us shortly with more details could calm much of the hysteria.

Roshen just dropping his bomb on everybody at 9pm EST & bailing out sure didn't do Daybreak ANY favors. Daybreak might want to consider getting someone to give their office personnel some customer/consumer relations training, so far it looks as though there are few in the head office who have Any idea on how to peacefully communicate with their customer base which is ridiculous in a company that requires happy customers to stay afloat.

EDIT: added after finishing & finding Holly had answered

I have Nothing but admiration for Holly & nothing in this is aimed at her. Holly had been doing an admirable job for all of us.

Mugwump
    Seefar, Naramsin, suka and 1 other person like this.
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

Go up five posts. And take a chill pill.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

you got an answer simparri I guess there is no pleasing the I want it now folks.
    Dendrelis, Seefar and Windstalker like this.
  8. Simparri Active Member

Holly answered while I was writing mine. I added my apology to her in edit to my post.
  9. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Thanks, Holly, looking forward to more info on what will happen. :)
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Thank you Ma'am.
    clarity of thought, understanding, always are good things.
    involvement & option for participation even better :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

In that case, I'm going to apologize beforehand for almost all the Finoras in game. I think there are like 2 that aren't me (and one of those might be me that I made on a free account I forgot the name & password on when trying to test something). Including one of the misspellings of it.

And I still stand by my cry for something nicer than an X for duplicate names ;) Just give us _ really if it won't break the game. :)
  12. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Thank you, Holly. Because of you, I remember that there are people at Daybreak that care about us. I'm glad that what Roshen said isn't set in stone, and I'm guessing that maybe the morning was spent in meetings discussing this? Or maybe not. :)

I've been looking forward to the merges because I like seeing other players in the game, but the name thing really had me in a panic. I'm so glad that things are still being worked on, and I'm sure that you will try to prevent this particular problem from being quite so disastrous! Just remind them that hey, this option would essentially encourage the players to cause a DDoS attack in our panic to keep our names. :)
  13. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Heh. There's a limited number of Anaogis in game, two are me (the main one on Mistmoore Permafrost and the young one on Stormhold). I'm not very worried for myself, but this needs to be handled clearly and properly for a lot of other people.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

thank you Holly
  15. Charlice Well-Known Member

Are you new around here or a troll?
  16. Seefar Well-Known Member

I was at your tombstone in Windstalker Village earlier, mourning the loss of the dead. It's so good to hear that you're listening.

... waitaminnit... you're ALIVE?
  17. Caela Well-Known Member

I still am feeling a bit uneasy about the name process - I didn't see anything by Windstalker that said it wouldn't work exactly the way Roshen described - whether the process has been written or not.

Ironically, last night, I thought this was a bunch of hoo about nothing, and surely Roshen was thinking of something else and it would all be straightened out this morning - but, well, it' hasn't been. It's still clear as mud.
  18. Mystfit Well-Known Member

That's more all the panicers issue then theirs. Though I agree that dropping a confusion bomb like that so late in the evening was kinda a bad idea, she gave as much info as she could. We're looking into it...we won't ham hand it...we just need to look at what is affected. At that point it becomes on us to let them work it out.
    suka and Seefar like this.
  19. Gaiusofcamelot2 New Member

Name seniority should also factor in total play time in the last year...not just who logged in once or twice in the last year.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol one thing just came to me I am one of those people that's has characters on both sides
    Just could not help myslf wanted to see both factions on the pvp server so I got duplicates of all trade skills.
    I will have to do some serious relearning of new skills when Nagafen ends up on the new server.
    ( there is no dought in my mind Nagafen will go there )
    how about calling the new server " Horizon"

o Ammyeh you forgot Schreck