Producer's Letter: AoD Expansion & Membership update!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Pone the Wonderhorse Member

Will the price of the CoE expansion come down or be available for SC? My son plays on a free account but can't join me raiding etc, and with the new expansion out soon, we don't want to fork out extra if the new expansion comes with CoE.
  2. The Jones Active Member

I like the changes a lot. This could really bring some people to the game. Also, I will absolutely continue to pay for a gold membership so that I have access to the broker and researchers.

This new F2P model is a lot like Rift and I think it's great. Nice move SoE.
    Kurisutaru and Quinterra like this.
  3. slippery Well-Known Member

What do most people use the broker for? Consumables that they could just craft themselves, get someone in guild to make for them, or join the crafting channel and get made for them. The broker's a convenience that is easily worked around. Once you have your masters neither that or the researcher really matters. A lot of people don't actually sell a large enough quantity of stuff for enough on the broker to make that deal breaker. You figure you could probably unlock all your spells for 900ish SC and it's a one time deal. Then nothing. If you get a high value item to sell on the broker it effectively only costs you 5 SC to do so.
  4. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Sounds like you put the matter smartly to rest.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

Um what about the other 20 aa that came from AoD?
    Feldon likes this.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Also, any item that is stackable, you only need to buy a new broker token if the stack sells out. Just keep replacing the bits that sell. Frozen mana would be a good one for that approach.
  7. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

there are still 3 other things that Gold subscribers get besides the ability to move the AA slider

500SC
    5 packs of LON boosters valued at 2.99 each
    3 goblin tickets - item unattuners are only 32 goblin gold which you can get fairly quickly not to mention a unique mount.

Not going to give up my gold accounts, only paying 7.49 a month for them on the special discounted yearly subscription cost they offered last year.
    Kurisutaru and Tariya like this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Hum, 2 questions:

First, if someone has a silver account and already has several unlockers, what are they supposed to do with those now? Can they get a refund? Or can they be changed for say broker unlocks? They are still still available to be bought as of today and I know people who've 'stocked up' on them to use as they level up & still have many left over and there is no way they'd use them all up before item restrictions vanish.

Second question, do you really think the 'gold perks' are going to continue to be enough to have people actually sub? They've been whittled down to nearly nothing. 15% more coin in a world were money is easy to get & 10% runspeed when you are already going 145 really honestly isn't much incentive. This coming from someone whose paid to play Eq or EQ2 on multiple accounts since sometime in 1999. I love the game, but why should I continue paying for that & the privelege of using the broker as a storage spot?
    suka and Wirewhisker like this.
  9. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Doubt you will ever see a expansion available for SC anymore, that option was pulled a long time ago
  10. Qixil Active Member

Good for non-gold accounts, but I don't see how paying $15 or even buying a Krono is worth only the use of broker, adjusting AA slider and researching (plus the speed/coin buff which is really nothing at all). There should be more incentive than this to be gold IMO. Playing 2 accounts, I might, just might, keep one of them gold for the use of the broker, but seems rather silly to be paying just for that.
    Avirodar, Finora and Wirewhisker like this.
  11. Maddybooboo New Member

Come on, the really high price of a krono now doesnt justify what benefits are left, even with a plat bag, it doesnt even make much of a dent in the cost of one on the broker. They have been over 800 plats and your work your butt off just to pay for a krono? The greed factor has taken over in the krono market. My biggest motivation to have gold is all the unlocks I wont have to use. Now I can do other things besides salve each day to try and buy another krono.
  12. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

TBH, my goblin tickets have been rotting in /claim ever since I tried 'em the first month they came out. I do tend to log on to /lon, but have yet to get the Gorowyn house. Lottery is not worth $2.99 per month. I have several thousand SC saved up since the only thing I use it for is character slots, and I don't have all my alts to 95 yet, so will be busy for a while yet with the slots I have.
    Quinterra and Alenna like this.
  13. LordVeredeth Active Member

I just get more & more disappointed in the direction SoE is taking this game. You can now buy your AA & toons from SoE directly? Next you will be able to buy PvP / raid gear in the SC marketplace.

People are so thankful over the F2P gear restrictions being removed but all that means is SoE is moving to full blown micro transactions so you will start to see more & more aspects of the game being sold for $. Pretty soon there will be no reason to even do anything since you can buy your way to boredom.
    Avirodar, Nightmare-6 and Tariya like this.
  14. Feara Well-Known Member

Whoa, my gold sub just deflated!
    SlowDeepNhard, Feldon and Alenna like this.
  15. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I truly hope, both for SOE's sake, and for sake of the player base, that this plan turns out well. Because I don't see how anyone but people like me (who are going to keep paying a subscription regardless) will continue to pay $15/account just to use the broker, get 15% more coin, and get 10% faster mounts.

tl;dr -

[IMG]

But, good luck, nevertheless.
    Alenna, Nightmare-6, Finora and 3 others like this.
  16. Iadien Active Member

Very good changes. Wish it didn't take so long to get rid of all of the annoying barriers to entry though. Hopefully the annoying popup to subscribe when exiting the game will be removed next.
  17. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I've asked a couple of people this question in-game...I'm sure SoE has data projecting that this will work, but if the majority of the playerbase goes Silver, where will the revenue streams come from?

Are Krono/SC sales so strong that they can keep the game afloat as the majority of the revenues, augmented yearly by Expansion sales and what could end up as a minority of people subbing Gold?
    Mermut likes this.
  18. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

They have pills for that.
    Feldon and slippery like this.
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

They should add a small adventure/tradeskill/aa bonus and also a guild status bonus to gold accounts as well. Might keep more of the gold accounts that way.
  20. Cloudrat Well-Known Member