Producer's Letter: AoD Expansion & Membership update!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Balbasur Active Member

Can you implement a connected server broker for Gold members? One that you can acess all the servers and sell to all the other servers, if you have the vet crate and are gold the broker fee is 0% World Wide?

Also, can you make it so all Fabled Items are no longer no trade?
    suka likes this.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

Sure.

Step 1: Completely rearchitect the EQ2 database.

4 months later...
    suka likes this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

lol- and that really is how it would go- neat idea though- if it were feasible. one of the drawbacks is that different servers are on different computers basically. they are connect, but they are separate.
  4. slippery Well-Known Member

You know they said they're rebuilding the database next year right?
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

you don't need it you drop down to Silver when you decide to stop being gold.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

no that must have been something i missed- so it might be possible then?
  7. Ulrichvon Lichtenstien New Member

Sorry but XP means nothing to most vets. I mean a bonus and all would be cool for some, but there really needs to be a lot more for gold or something less for silver. Just no reason to pay for a sub if you don't sell on the broker, and even if you do, why have more than one sub in a household now?
  8. Ulrichvon Lichtenstien New Member

/snore

Doesn't interest me in the slightest. I've been paying for gold on 6 accounts and not redeemed 1 loyalty token or bag of plat. I think I'm sitting on 30k plat and the only reason I don't have more is I just gave up on trying to get more.

They're going to have to come up with something substantial to add to gold to keep us paying, or they're going to have to rethink giving silver the entire game.

I for one would like to understand their new business model and how these changes add revenue. Is the plan to give the honey away for free then take it away after they get some people playing again?
  9. Ulrichvon Lichtenstien New Member

Why can't you trade from 5 accounts to one gold and run your brokers off that one account?

This is exactly what I will do on the 1st,
  10. Ulrichvon Lichtenstien New Member

Seems if I got really stuck I could buy a krono with plat and get support for a problem, hardly seems a compelling reason to pay for a sub just in case I need support.
    Kraeref likes this.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

hmm- i seem to need a lot of support - and believe it or not, that petition thing works on my silver accounts too.
  12. Ulrichvon Lichtenstien New Member

Since 2004, the number of petitions I logged that did not involve a loot assignment issue (since addressed with mechanics) or a character transfer request is 3.

All 3 of those were stuck character issues resulting from my character being located in a zone that SoE removed from the game.

I'll sweat it out not having a petition unless I spend a krono.
  13. azcn2503 Active Member

Are these changes the same for European customers, also?
  14. LeGuud New Member

Here is why I'll still pay to play.
    I work for my money. I enjoy that. Now SOE makes this game that I enjoy playing. Those people deserve to make money doing that. It's their living, what they do. And they do it well. So, thank you, SOE, for providing me with countless hours of fun. I'll keep the gold sub.
    Kurisutaru, Awkk and Tariya like this.
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

Shall we keep extra char slots that we got while being gold ? I think i got one or two buying expansions or may be as veteran reward.

I also wonder if we will keep our veteran rewards, call of the veteran is really a wonderfull ability.
  16. Patchkit Member

I think the vet rewards are set to time in game not sub level but I could be wrong , and I think the only char slots you lose if you go silver is the 3 given over silver any others you keep.
  17. Patchkit Member

You know I can think of lots of thing SOE can do to keep me paying for a gold sub, and others would like them also . But not everyone would feel they were good enough. We all play the game in different ways . Now if they set up a select your 5 perks form a wide list of choices maybe more would be happy to pay the gold fee and play there way. it would work for me !
    Twyxx and Feara like this.
  18. Shazbot Active Member

This is just a guess so don't shoot me if your guess is different, but, if SoE had enough Gold accounts to EQ2 to make them worth protecting they likely would do whatever they had to do to protect those accounts.

I'm guessing, and again this is just a guess, that they have many more Silver than Gold accounts at this point and that the trend is away from Gold and towards Silver. That would explain more clearly than anything else why SoE has made Silver accounts so much more viable and attractive than they used to be.

Also wanted to add that the free-loading argument is mostly bunk. I've spent more on SC in the last year than I would have on a subscription. I've bought specialty mounts for multiple characters. I bought about 6 classes and 2 race packs right after returning for the latest go-round. I bought spell and item unlockers galore. I bought 4 character slots. It all adds up and my purchases related to EQ2 are about $250 over the last year.

If that's not worth trying to maintain the customer then SoE is doing something wrong.
  19. Raahl New Member

Great news for FTP players!

Not so great for Gold players. :(

Sony, please make paying a subscription worth it. Right now it's not worth the extra perks you are giving us. My suggestion would to give some sort of buff that added to combat abilities to the gold members. EXP and gold is ok, but with how easy it is to get coin and exp in the game, it's not enough.
  20. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

sure petition works on silver, but if you look at the matrix it only works for transaction based issues, lose an item, have problems otherwise in game then to bad, so sad, can't help