Producer Letter: About Heroic Characters...

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Loendar Member

Wait - where do they state that the Heroic Characters will be 3500 SC? I don't see any costs in the Producer Letter - did I miss an edit?
  2. slippery Well-Known Member

It doesn't say it in the letter (odd isn't it!) but it is in the linked article.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  3. Loendar Member

Ah ha! Thanks - I only read the posting.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. RadarX Community Manager

Let's keep this on the topic of Heroic Chacaters please folks. Free to Play, Pay to Win, etc... discussion can be freely talked about in General Gameplay. Thanks.
    Vegentius likes this.
  5. Arieste Well-Known Member

In the FAQ, it says:

Does this mean that heroic characters do not count toward your character slot limit?

Or that a character slot for a heroic character is included with the 3500sc purchase of this character?

Or should the FAQ say "you are limited only by the number of character slots you have on your account" ?
  6. Yrrkoon New Member

Excellent! Looking forward to this!
  7. Wanic Active Member

I'd go with option 3.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  8. JesDyr Well-Known Member

Character building in EQ2 isn't about levels or AA, It is about gear.
    Karrane likes this.
  9. Foretold Well-Known Member

Honestly, this approach sounds really well thought out. I hope it works well and brings new and returning players.

I am hoping that the free heroic character is one per account, not household.
  10. wdleggett New Member

Where in your station account does it ask for or show your address? Only thing I can find is Country and Zip Code. The only other way they could limit it to one per household is if the same payment info is used but that's not cut and dry either. Really should be one per account and if not I'll have to rethink if I want to continue paying for something I rarely use only to be nickel and dimed constantly.
  11. Goretog New Member

So you get a free heroic character, and are all heroic character's (including the free one) unrestricted? as in can they use all gear???

and if this is right does that mean you can buy (or use the free one) to raid and not have to worry about subbing to use all gear?

I also know that the "try a heroic character option" is restricted tho.
  12. oldskool Active Member

A level 85 character isn't winning anything. Nothing. It's not pay to do anything.

The only thing this does is remove much of the motivation for power leveling. If you want to do the old zones that option is still there.
    Vegentius likes this.
  13. Arieste Well-Known Member

Well they did mention some kind of separate UI for the heroic characters, so i'm thinking they might sit in a separate place. Plus, it would be against their own interests to limit the number of times you can spend 3500 SC on one of these...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Wanic Active Member

Hey maybe Sebillis will be emptier next double xp weekend!
  15. oldskool Active Member

My favorite feature of this is the try before you buy. There are many classes I have not played and didn't want to go through the first 30 levels or so before their distinctive qualities started to show. I expect to try before I buy nearly 10 classes. I probably won't buy any of them but at least I'll have a tiny feel for how those classes play.
  16. Goretog New Member

Never mind just read it again looks like the "free promotion" heroic character is limited to one per household not the "buy" version.
  17. Le Clown Active Member

85/100 Guard/Zerk/Bruis/Monk/SK/Pally/Temp/Inq/Fury/Ward/Defil/Mystic/Assassin/Rang/Troub/Dirge/BL/Swash/Brig/Wiz/Lock/Conj/Necro/Coercer/Illy LFG PST
  18. oldskool Active Member

Just curious:

First, for a limited time, players can create a Heroic Character for free. Oct. 1 until Oct. 15 is our “Hero’s Call” event which invites new players to create one free new Heroic Character per household. Existing accounts can create or upgrade to a Heroic Character for free too!

I assume that F2P people will have all the gear and stuff unlocked if they create their 'free' Heroic character.

I also assume that the 3500 SC includes all gear unlocked.
  19. Goretog New Member

That's what i'm reading, during that time F2P people could make a character that's unrestricted, so as long as they stick with it they can raid and do everything in game without subbing if I understand it right.
  20. slippery Well-Known Member

That's quite a leap. Aside from what you come with when you get the character I wouldn't expect anything past that when it comes to things being locked.
    Neiloch likes this.