Producer’s Letter: New Fabled, Ethereal Items, Server Stuff and MORE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Lag and server populations are also issues that we're aware of and working to resolve.

Re: Merge?

Cross server dungeons may help with issues that some servers have, as well as transfers or merges. As mentioned during today's stream (there's a link in Holly's post if you missed today's show), we're discussing the right way to handle this in a way that benefits EQ2 players best long-term.
  2. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Last year, one of the devs posted that there were plans for upcoming non-max level content. Now this was stated before the separation from SOE and I haven't seen anything since, so not sure where this stands... or perhaps whatever was planned died :p
  3. Malachy Well-Known Member

My heart literally skipped a beat when I read the first line about a time locked PVE and PVP server. Seriously, I am beyond excited. My hope is that both are locked at 70 or 80, EoF or RoK and never progress farther.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
    Siren and vagrant13 like this.
  4. woowoowoo New Member

I am so excited for a progression server. Fist pumping irl and everything.
    Shesaz likes this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

As part of the announcement, some of the expansion 12 dungeons will be playable level-agnostic so level 20-94.
  6. Elorana Xael New Member

*smiles happily*
    The Queen Of Love is returning to Norrath at last, though some of it is nice, nothing else matters.
  7. Charlice Well-Known Member

Wow, pretty awesome announcement!
    Siren and HaphazardAllure like this.
  8. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

TBH, this has me interested as well. I like SOME parts of the EQ1 model (BTW, anyone know if the EQ1 ones are Subscriber only still?) such as the timeframe for expansion progress (Think it was like 6 mo. between OG and Kunark in the mid-paced framework idea). Hate the lack of server space they are reporting though.

What I would LOVE to see on our end is to increase overworld difficulty back to the "old days" -- PM me all the hatemail you want if you know what the old days were like and didn't like it lol -- as well as making content relevant to the altered gear. Since these servers are meant to be nostalgia trips for people then the difficulty would be a plus, especially with all this uber-powered gear.

It would also be fun to have the IoR and the Districts back, would love if Roshen or someone could provide some insight whether or not this is possible, I do not think it is considering older statements in regards to peeps asking for TLP servers however.

Also requesting permanently-disabled BGs on those servers may not be asking for TOO much for the pvpers I'd imagine?
    vagrant13 likes this.
  9. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

And as long as you're working in Antonica, please fix the Coldwind King Crab, kkthxthx.
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  10. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

As for the announcement, I am gently curious and will wait on further developments.
  11. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Me too. I just wish so many players hadn't already left the game. Maybe if they can pull things together, some of those players might return.
  12. Yume New Member

Excited to see people actually posting in this thread. I have just come back to game after a long hiatus that began after the release of Sentinel's of Fate. Unfortunately, Nagafen seems dead. Nonetheless, I have been looking into progression guilds so I am happy to hear that there will be servers that specifically support this type of gameplay.
  13. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

When we speak of Antonica, can the Timberclaw gnolls remember how to unleash their TRUE power on us lowly qeynosians? Lately, I've felt like even a butterknife can split their leaders in half. Let's give them back ^^^ Heroic status please. XD
    Mizgamer62, Foretold and Wirewhisker like this.
  14. Shesaz Active Member

15. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Aye, the one major thing from EQ1 that I am hoping they go against the grain on is the 'paid members only' part. Again, unless they've dropped that in EQ1 now even in which case I may have to get it on Ragefire...XD
  16. Liou_Unrest Active Member

Just to be clear, It seemed as though in the stream today Ethereals were targeted to be added to the game as early as tomorrow/but no later than a week or so. In your post Holly you eluded to it being a bit "later in summer" can we get clarification on this? Thank you!
  17. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

Why do you want me to group? Why is that so very important to you? I don't want an incentive to group. I enjoy playing in a game world with other players, not going through scripted group content. I do group sometimes but I would like to progress doing the content I like how I like, not how you want me to.

I really think this "incentive to group" mindset is out of touch especially with how mmos have evolved.

Anyway I'm curious and will watch how things progress. I think time-locked progression servers are cool. Some have been asking for that for a while now.
    SayWhat, Darln, Naramsin and 7 others like this.
  18. Lamatu Active Member

Will the new progression server have no /marketplace since it was said no /claim either?

I just wanna start thinking of my low level outfits now.
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

You can progress through all the solo content you like. But you can't expect to get the same standard of rewards vs people who work together to progress.

The game has way more solo content now than ever to appease all playstyles. If you want items that are overpowered for your playstyle then buy them and quit complaining that everything should come from solo play.
    Eliohia, flameweaver and Neiloch like this.
  20. Stardrama Member

. I don't suffer from lag, even in the high end zones, at least, not so far. Perhaps some tweaks to your system could help? I seem to be constantly upgrading my pc for this game (and others) and it has worked for me so far. Is there a specific zone that is giving you trouble?