Problems with Font Size?

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Rothgar, Sep 8, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Something that was brought up at Fan Faire was that your Chat Text font would often get reset back to 15pt after you changed it to something else. I haven't been able to find a repro case for this problem and was wondering if its something that anyone is currently having a problem with. If so, I might be able to determine the problem if I can get a copy of your settings XML file.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

If I had to wager a guess Rothgar, their UI_Settings.XML file is probably corrupted.
    It actually happens to me regarding bag sizes every now and then, where it won't save my bag sizes or position. I have to go in and manually tweak the .XML and remove the offending lines of code to get it to function correctly.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    If that happens again, since you're familar with editing the XML file, would you mind sending me the offending text so I can try to figure out how it got in that state?
    Thanks!
  4. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Check your PMs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tallhart Guest

There's also a problem I see periodically with bank container customization (icon size, etc.) being lost. Sometimes it occurs after a /load_uisettings, other times I have no idea why it pops up. It's happened to me 5 or 6 times in the past, and started happening when the switch to xml was made. I've always fixed it by manually editing the xml file.

I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll see if I saved a copy of the corrupted xml the last time it happened. If so, I'll send you a copy of that too Rothgar.
  6. ARCHIVED-arieste Guest

this happens to me every time i load settings and is mildly annoying.. which exact file is it? i can't find one called specifically "ui_settings.xml" .. but maybe i'm looking in wrong place...
  7. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

<servername>_<charactername>_eq2_uisettings.xml to be exact.
    For example for my conjuror it would be Permafrost_Sess_eq2_uisettings.xml
    I just call it eq2_uisettings.xml for shorthand.
  8. ARCHIVED-spreve Guest

A little off topic, but is there a way to change the font size of the "examine" windows. I don't play on a traditional computer screen and sometimes it's hard to read when you are sitting 8-10' away from the tv.
  9. ARCHIVED-Grumpy_Warrior_01 Guest

Emoss@Everfrost wrote:
    You can, but it's going to be fairly tedious to do. Also, since the default examine windows don't resize, you risk losing copy if you enlarge the font, or having a lot of blank space if you reduce it.
  10. ARCHIVED-MarkOrganon Guest

There is another problem with fonts - if you have "Use small sans serif font" checked then when you switch between full screen and windowed or back, the font reverts back to the horrible default serif font (the option stays checked but the wrong font renders).
  11. ARCHIVED-ScottAdams Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Elomort Guest

As this still happens I gather you never got your 100% repro?

• Set your font to your preferred size, say 20pt
    • Save the setup
    • Alter things, like make it extreme performance
    • Save that
    • Reload the first
    • Notice reversion to 15pt.

Just having a raid setup and a High Quality setup does it.
  13. ARCHIVED-gardee Guest

as soon as ya change anything on the UI seeting it automatically re set the fonts in all text boxes to your tiny 4 - 6 point font face no need to get XML files i think
  14. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

I have a problem with font size . I can't increase the size of the line I am typing prior to hitting enter. I had someone send me instructions on how to change the font size of the chat input line, but I haven't been able to get that to work either:()
    Is there something that can be done for that part of the chat?