Problems Since 1/10 Test Patch

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Build 14483T:

1) The Marketplace is not available, and is more than happy to spam you about that detail every couple of minutes.
    2) The housing leaderboards (/house_ratings) are displaying as utterly empty (no homes listed at all in any category.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yow! Is this the patch on Test, or everywhere? :-/

EDIT: Ah, nvm; TEST patch... :confused:

Is the Marketplace spam actually showing in people's chat channel windows, when it should be showing the "Your 500 DBC is ready for pick up, you lucky Member you!" notices? :-/

Uwk
    a wee bit distracted these days, but should still check out the House list, if nothing else; it's one of the ways to get around quickly, even with alts' homes...
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Kander is notifying the appropriate person(s) about these issues.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It wasn't posted here, so in case this stays (or comes back), thanks to Ennia, we now know that message is in Game Text -> Status Text.
  5. Gelenor Well-Known Member

I see a couple of PvP files in the test patch too :eek:
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Oh, what ones? What ones? Tell me tell me! :cool:
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Don't get too excited; we're probably just Testing the eventual PVP server mechanics. ;->

I doubt/hope not that PVP play outside of Duels, etc. will be a thing on Test. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Siren like this.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I would be perfectly happy with nothing more than the original battlegrounds, the rest of the game could continue on as it is.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen. Don't get me wrong; some of my best friends are PVPers, it's just that the grand majority of the noisy jerks (which could actually be a relatively small minority, strict numbers-wise) aren't in it for the "challenge of facing off against a human, rather than a computer-generated, opponent, and relishing the opportunity to essentially play chess at 80 miles an hour," but rather for the kind of [NSFW]-ing playground bully shenanigans that I, for one, play this game to avoid (and I like to think I'm not alone in that). It doesn't help that most of my experience with such in-game were either in WoW, City of Heroes (once that game INSISTED on people participating in such when it first came out as a thing over there), or were WoW refugees playing here. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Hey, we're not on Test_copy when there were PvP testing on (where I got happily ganked by PvP-ers camping the buffer when I didn't understand much about the way it worked). If there's "noisy jerks", as you nicely put it, trying to heroic-buff to Test itself to annoy non-PvP players, they'll be promptly ganked by those of us who are 110 with current gear. Just shout and someone will come.
    But if they do want us to test something PvP-related, I'll be happy to help. I suck but I like it (and PvP is the only thing I truly miss from Elder Scrolls Online, it rocked there if you like sieges)
    Cyrrena, Ishtara, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I guess my question about those is this: if we choose not to test that, will we be forced to anyway? :-/

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! Any indication back yet on these? First time logging into Test in a bit (much to-do on Skyfire...), and the initial issues are still there. Kinda makes it hard to do our "job" if everything isn't functional. :-/

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or the way it works, but I tried to Scribe a Blue-Striped Sentient Present from this most recent Frostfell when it was in my House Vault bags, and it didn't work (until I Scribed it from one of my Inventory bags). The error message I got, though, for trying was a wee bit strange (minus the quotes):

"You are currently not in a bank transaction."

Er, yeah, I knew that; I was in my HOUSE at the time, silly game. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Elyria like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Does it also seem like one is dismounted when leaving a house, regardless of how mounted one was going into it, or is that just my imagination? :-/

Uwk
  15. Elyria Well-Known Member

I was still mounted when i left my house a moment ago, but I did receive the odd message about not being in a bank transaction when i tried to scribe the blue-striped present from house vault, as well:p
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How oddly specific! :D

Uwk
  17. Elyria Well-Known Member

Hehheh, whenever I see weird occurrences like that, I always try to replicate it to see if the same thing happens and if i can figure out why.:) I just happened to not have scribed that particular present yet, so i wanted to give it a shot ;)
  18. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

My favorite bug so far was when you paid upkeep on your home and it kicked the whole server off..was interesting to say the least.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Did it depend on where you did it from, like within the house, outside at the door, through the Leaderboards, etc.? ;->

Uwk
  20. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I paid it at the door in Neriak, after the second time of it crashing I decided I really didnt need to pay it that bad.