Problems on Two NotD Quests

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Orionza, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Orionza Active Member

I had problems on Broken Mirrors today - the one you get in the graveyard, pick up the item in cities, take the steed, go to the mansion, and pick up items from the mansion like, a dagger, book, etc. I finished it all, and when it was time to go to the bar, it was blocked. The spirit was no longer attackable. I definitely finished all the items, and the quest told me to go kill her. But each door was blocked. I finally left the entrance, came back in. The bar was open, and she killed me. There were now two dead bodies in the bar. My spirit tried to go around getting the bottles but they were not clickable. The spirit was following me around but not attackable. :(

Yesterday I did practically all of Hedge Hollow (first time run on a new character). I killed all the risen - both graveyards. In the second area, the risen that was supposed to drop a key did not drop one. I thought there may be other ones around, but I meticulously combed the area, and looked for any other risen. There were none. I could not progress to the final werewolf area of the quest, because I'd not gotten the key to the grimey chest (I believe that's the second one). The three npcs you have to fight on the stairs before you get to the werewolf were also not there.

Very unhappy because these are very long quests and I wasted a lot of time. Was there something I did wrong? I've done both of these a ton of times and never had problems until now.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I can't help you with the first one - I did it once, a couple of years ago, but I felt the reward wasn't worth the effort so I never bothered with it again - but Hedge Hollow should be doable. All I can think of is that you missed a body somehow. There's a lot of fog, and it's hard to see them, but if you keep running around they should all rise. I've never checked to see if the bodies show up on Track or Track Harvestables, but you might try those. Either that or you missed something earlier.

Also, did you do the Somborn haunted house before doing Hedge Hollow? Also the city Haunted House. There are certain things (for the second and later times) that you won't be able to see if you haven't done those first.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I don't know what is up with Broken Mirrors. I haven't done any NOTD yet this year, but it was working fine last year.
  4. Orionza Active Member

I did not do the city Haunted House first, but I did do the Somborn one. I would think I couldn't pick up the Hedge Hollow one if I had requirements. I've never had an issue before. And like I said, I went very meticulously through the fog. Oh and yes, I did use Tracker (I'm a scout) and one risen did come up. I killed it and that was the last I saw. I'm real confused.

It's pretty frustrating because they are both so time consuming and frustrating quests and they didn't get completed and I wasted so much of the little gaming time I have. Argh.
    Well thanks for the help though.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The only thing you have to worry about is the second time you go through the Hedge Maze, as to when in the really, really strange requirement of a sequence you do the Loping Plains one. X-P If memory serves, you have to do Loping Plains' Haunted Mansion first, then the Hedge Maze twice in a row in order to see the Gleaming Chest on the second go; at least that's what I do.

But that's not the issue; you should be able to see all the mobs, including all the Risen, regardless of what goes when with the other quests. I'm not sure what the "the three NPCs you have to fight on the stairs before you get to the werewolf" are, though. The first bunch of Risen are around the corner from the porch where the locked chest is; unlock that with the Risen key once you get it and you acquire the dull machete to get through that hedge wall with the giant plant elemental. Kill him, blast through the harpies, zombies, and scarecrows beyond, and you eventually get to the dead end porch where you Trick or Treat with Old Man Dave; there are stairs up to his porch. Kill him (or at least make him stop moving, since he's a zombie) and you can get into the rest of the maze, at least of that region. Check.

Second bunch of Risen: on the left hand side is their graveyard by a house wall (there's occasionally one or two ? to fight as well), and there could be nooks and crannies in that area where they might lurk in the fog. :-/ On the right hand side, across from their graveyard, there's a short li'l passage where the gnome's creepy doll is and a ? on occasion. The other right hand side, right next to it, is the headless knight dude you have to go up his porch stairs to kill in order to open the rest of the maze later on. Check.

The second key of the second key-bearing Risen (which I've always found in the back, far left corner area by the house wall; map coords 891.80, 8.19, -637.16) is for the chest with the Fabulous Freaky Friction-less Piece of Eight thing (or whatever it's called), which finally sends you over the edge to become an obvious werewolf. The chest is up on a porch, up a set of short stairs, but nothing to fight yet, at least not right there.

If you've killed both the named dudes on their porches and get further into the maze in their regions, there's eventually five (or six?) "trick or treaters" all at 3^, but fairly glass-jawed and fairly easy to defeat, either one at a time or even just AoE the lot of them a few times, depending. The main thing they're there for is to get you more werewolf steroids; I don't recall them ever dropping much. :-/

Since I can't recall the name of the foob that locks you into the center of the maze with the abysmally stupid cut scene (sorry, whichever budding young Spielberg dev was overly proud of that, but I CAN'T LEAVE before he wolfs out, so that speech of his is pretty pointless, and the whole cut scene is just annoying; the gods help you if you're a squishy cloth wearer and the game thinks you're back in and getting attacked way before your monitor catches up and you can see what's going on), I usually don't even try to identify him, beyond "center of the maze." After all, there's three werewolves in that maze: the first one that bites and infects you, that final dweeb in the center, and you yourself. ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Juraiya like this.